Judge Baker Guidance Center on Missio...

Judge Baker Guidance Center on Mission Hill, aka Judge Baker Children's Center

Posted in the Boston Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 3, 2010
Patients of William Ayre's from the Judge Baker Children's center are being requested to contact the Suffolk County DA's office in an ongoing probe of the sex abuse scandal associated with Ayre's psychiatric practice both in Boston and in California. Ayre's will be on trial in April 2010 for sexually assaulting a host of male patients in his sound proof office....these charges span the bulk of his career. MA is very interested in talking to patients here in Boston because the clock on the statute of limitations ran out when Ayre's left the state.

Ayre's is not the only psychiatrist who trained at Judge Baker that is facing charges. Former patients of Mel Levine who now resides in North Carolina have also filed suits against the doctor for sexually abusing them during his career as a psychiatrist. Donald L. Rife, another resident childrens psychiatrist at the center, had his licenses to practice medicine revoked in MA and VT. He has also been sanctioned in the state of FL.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ueries...

If you know anyone who was a patient at the center from the 1960's to the 1970's, they should be encouraged to contact the Suffolk County DA to relate their experiences.

Location hidden

#2 Mar 3, 2010
OOPS,I mean the clock stopped when Ayre's left the state to go to California....
Alison

Poughkeepsie, NY

#3 Mar 4, 2010
Thanks, Blue Fairy for posting this. Mel Levine was a pediatrician, not a psychiatrist but he also worked at Children's Hospital and molested boys in a very similar fashion to what Ayres did.

Boston lawyer Mitchell Garabedian did an excellent interview on New England Cable News, urging Boston victims to come forward:

http://williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/2010/03...

Location hidden

#4 Mar 4, 2010
Thanks for the correction, Alison!
Chapter 750

Sherman Oaks, CA

#5 Apr 15, 2010
Hi -- Thanks for the heads up. It is a blessing that you cared enough to post this. I atteneded the Manville School at Judge Baker Guidance Center from 1964 to 1966. Following that I was in residential placement and Judge Baker largely had control over my life until I aged out at 18. My 'therapist' was one of the clinic's top administrators who also supervised child psychiatry residents. Due to the code of silence in place at that time, my allegations of felony level sexual and physical abuse were ignored, and extreme pressure to shut up was exerted on me. I always suspected a cover up or conspiracy but until now I never knew why. I have come forward repeatedly with accusations over the years but no one has believed me until now. I would love to hear from any other victims. I have contacted law enforcement. Thanks
bluefairy

Brockton, MA

#6 Apr 15, 2010
What courage you have coming forward, Chapter. I want to tell you that I think you are amazing. I am glad you survived. The time I have spent on this issue has revealed a number of terrible stories about some of the physicians who were associated with the Guidance Center, as well as the Detention Center in Roslindale. Law Enforcement is looking for any information they can get and I hope you find them receptive. Please post again when you feel able and good luck!!
Chapter 750 wrote:
Hi -- Thanks for the heads up. It is a blessing that you cared enough to post this. I atteneded the Manville School at Judge Baker Guidance Center from 1964 to 1966. Following that I was in residential placement and Judge Baker largely had control over my life until I aged out at 18. My 'therapist' was one of the clinic's top administrators who also supervised child psychiatry residents. Due to the code of silence in place at that time, my allegations of felony level sexual and physical abuse were ignored, and extreme pressure to shut up was exerted on me. I always suspected a cover up or conspiracy but until now I never knew why. I have come forward repeatedly with accusations over the years but no one has believed me until now. I would love to hear from any other victims. I have contacted law enforcement. Thanks
Alison

Poughkeepsie, NY

#8 Apr 16, 2010
Chapter750-

You should contact Sgt. Detective Robin Demarco at the Boston Police Department.

Her email: DemarcoR.bpd@cityofboston.gov
alison

Poughkeepsie, NY

#9 Apr 16, 2010
Chapter750- You absolutely should contact the Boston PD -whether it was Ayres or Dr. Don Rife or another child psychiatrist who molested you.
Massachusetts has a great "stop the clock " law. If someone molests a child and then moves out of state - as both Ayres and Rife have- the clock stops and the state can haul them back and prosecute them.
I tried posting Sgt. Demarco's phone number here but it won't let me. Go the Websleuths forum where her numbers are listed:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.p...
Chapter 750

Sherman Oaks, CA

#10 Apr 17, 2010
I have spoken to the Suffolk County DA's office and the Attorney General's office in Boston. They are going to review my allegations which are new but easily verifiable. Some of the claims I made in 1968, that resulted in my being threatened and called a liar by the authorities at Judge Baker, eventually culminated in an investigation by the DA and the coroner's office in New Hampshire on charges of neglient homicide and rape of a child by a staff person. I was sub poenaed as a witness in a jury trial in 1972 in Keene, NH. I also remember Dr. Rife. Please stay in touch.
bluefairy

Brockton, MA

#11 Apr 17, 2010
Hey Chapter, at the risk of seeming like a nerd,(((hugs))) to you for being willing to give this a shot again. It cant be pushed aside like it was because it is too well documented. If you only knew the number of people you have inspired!!!! Do a drive by of websleuths.com , if you get time only because you will find other victims posting who know how this story goes...
Alison

Poughkeepsie, NY

#12 Apr 17, 2010
Hi, Chapter 750. Again, we appreciate you posting.

I don't know who your predator was at Judge Baker, but from talking to other shrinks there, there were at least four or five there in the 1960s.

Here's a story on Don Rife, who was caught working with children in Florida in 2006-- after he'd had his medical license revoked in three states for molesting young boys.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/02/18/Southpinell...

Did you ever cross paths with Dr. William Ayres?
Alison

Poughkeepsie, NY

#13 Apr 17, 2010
Hi, Chapter 750. Again, we appreciate you posting.

I don't know who your predator was at Judge Baker, but from talking to other shrinks there, there were at least four or five there in the 1960s.

Here's a story on Don Rife, who was caught working with children in Florida in 2006-- after he'd had his medical license revoked in three states for molesting young boys.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/02/18/Southpinell...

Did you ever cross paths with Dr. William Ayres?
Alison

Poughkeepsie, NY

#14 Apr 17, 2010
Chapter 750: The head of Judge Baker in the 1960s was George Gardner. Did you have any dealings with him?
Chapter 750

Sherman Oaks, CA

#15 Apr 17, 2010
Yes I knew George Gardner and had some dealings with him.
Alison

Poughkeepsie, NY

#16 Apr 18, 2010
Did you ever cross paths with Ayres?
bluefairy

Brockton, MA

#17 Apr 18, 2010
Chapter 750, if you want to take this off line, you can reach some of us who are trying to create an atmosphere that will bring on some justice for you and others who suffered. I am not trying to drive you to websleuths.com , but if you go to the William Ayres thread there, you can click on any signature posting on that thread with an embedded hyperlink, and reach an email and a live person.

Peace
Alison

Poughkeepsie, NY

#18 Apr 18, 2010
Good idea, Bluefairy.
Chapter750- some of us know a good deal about the background of the Boston Judge Baker case.
There's an Ayres thread over at websleuths:
You can send a private message to anyone of us there.
Chapter 750

Sherman Oaks, CA

#19 Apr 19, 2010
Bless all of you. It is now 1:00 am in the morning and I have just completed my paperwork for the attorney general's office. I will mail it in the morning and take this off line. I haven't done anything but write. bless all of you.
bluefairy

Brockton, MA

#20 Apr 19, 2010
Oh, I am praying for you Chapter, for you and yours but especially for you. May God hold you in the palm of his hand throughout the rest of this journey.....
Chapter 750

Sherman Oaks, CA

#21 Apr 22, 2010
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers they must have helped. As you know going through this is a lonely ordeal. It is extremely traumatic to be revisiting this stuff. Have been busy but will contact you offline soon. Lets all stay in touch. If I can get back to Boston it might be worth while to meet. Best Regards, Chapter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coach Dib 4 hr Charles Payne 12
DPW and pickup truck accident 5 hr Rug Doctor 4
Everett (Jul '08) Jan 14 Eyes watching 706
Everett pd Jan 14 Watching you 6
City services Jan 14 Watching you 16
Everett football players being short changed (Sep '16) Jan 12 Fool 72
Hight Tax Bills in Everett Jan 11 Everett in my rea... 6

Boston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance