Boy dies after 30-foot fall from Lowe...

Boy dies after 30-foot fall from Lowell apartment window

There are 153 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Sep 3, 2009, titled Boy dies after 30-foot fall from Lowell apartment window. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Police say the boy was sitting on the couch watching television with his mother when she stepped out of the room for a moment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
lowellneighbor

Muncie, IN

#1 Sep 3, 2009
My prayers go out to this family
sad

Lowell, MA

#2 Sep 3, 2009
this is really sad i couldn't imagine going through this . i have kids of my own that are toddlers and we live on the third floor and i'm always scared of them falling out. This is truly a tragic my heart goes out to the family .
shock in florida

Memphis, TN

#3 Sep 3, 2009
may his little soul rest in peace and my condolences gose to the family.
dracut resident

Dracut, MA

#4 Sep 3, 2009
I am sorry for her loss, My heart goes out to her. I cant imagine losing my kids that way. But isnt it a law that says if you live in an apartment the windows are supposed to have guards on them to prevent that from happening??
Norm

Chantilly, VA

#5 Sep 3, 2009
Ugh, this makes me sick to my stomach. My thoughts are with the family...

“Ask, and I Shall Tell”

Since: Mar 08

Lowell

#6 Sep 3, 2009
My Heart, Thoughts and Prayers go out to this family!
May this little one Rest in Peace!

“Ask, and I Shall Tell”

Since: Mar 08

Lowell

#7 Sep 3, 2009
dracut resident wrote:
I am sorry for her loss, My heart goes out to her. I cant imagine losing my kids that way. But isnt it a law that says if you live in an apartment the windows are supposed to have guards on them to prevent that from happening??
As far as I know, it is not a law. I used to live on the 3rd floor with my 3 boys, and honestly, I put the window guards on my registry for my baby shower. As soon as I got them, my boyfriend installed them. They sell them at Ace Hardware in Lowell if anyone needs them. They are a bit expensive, but they could save a life.
heartbroken

Brewster, MA

#8 Sep 3, 2009
My heart goes out to the mother and the rest of the family. I am sure in such unimaginable pain and agony. Blessings to all of you. I think we could have done without the photographs as we can all picture it in our minds.
RHONDA SHERMAN

Cranston, RI

#9 Sep 3, 2009
My thoughts and prayers are with this poor family at this tragic time. may this sweet little boy rest in peace as well as bring his family some peace as well. i can not imagine going through something unimaginable like this. it is truley heart wrenching. god bless!
Marketamerica

Norwood, MA

#10 Sep 3, 2009
Blame on the window. Someone opened too wide.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Sep 3, 2009
I was praying for this little boy. I'm so sorry to hear that he died. I can't imagine the pain the mother is going through right now. My heart and prayers go out to you.
AWESOME

Chelmsford, MA

#12 Sep 3, 2009
Wow this is terrible. Poor little guy. My condolences to the family.
DracutGirl

Waltham, MA

#13 Sep 3, 2009
I just would like to give my Condolences to the family and friends.
With sympathy

Windham, NH

#14 Sep 3, 2009
My heart breaks for this little boy and his grieving family. Deepest sympathies...
Prayers for all

Newport, ME

#15 Sep 3, 2009
We send Our Blessing to the little one and his family.
May he rest in Peace.
Sympathetic

Haverhill, MA

#16 Sep 3, 2009
As I heard the news of this accident, I prayed so hard for a recovery!
But when I got that phone call that he didn't make it.
It broke my heart!
Now my prayers are for the little boy to rest in peace and to guide his mommy, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins and to give them strength.
Although I have heard that the loss of a child is unbearable and very very difficult.
This is so horrible, horrible!

God Bless You!!
elizabeth

United States

#17 Sep 3, 2009
My heart goes out to the mom and family of this little boy... May GOD give them the strength to be able to deal with this situation...
Disgusted

Liberty Hill, TX

#18 Sep 3, 2009
Marketamerica wrote:
Blame on the window. Someone opened too wide.
Masshole
Rosey

Boston, MA

#19 Sep 3, 2009
This is awful, my thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Sunapee

New London, NH

#20 Sep 3, 2009
Our sympathies and prayers to the whole family. Riley, "such a ray of sunshine" M&D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everett (Jul '08) 15 hr Mr Wonderful that... 673
Gangs? Fri G dog 2
News Fiery standoff turns deadly Fri DonnieBoston 1
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Cambridge Fri judges indabag 2
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... (Nov '16) Fri Looking for a sol... 2,429
Women are CREEPY!!! May 25 Mazranadonna 2
dpw May 24 The real world 17

Boston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boston Mortgages