having to stay indoors

Posted in the Boston Forum

Red

Centerville, TN

#1 Apr 19, 2013
I just wanted to tell the people of Boston how sorry I am that because of the stupidity of others, you have to enclose yourselves indoors. I hope they catch that boy soon so you wont have to stay inside anymore. I wish I could do more to help, and I know the people of Cherokee Alabama are praying for your safety, and Quick recovery to those who were injured. Hopefully this will be over soon and you can go back to your regular lives. Your In my thoughts and Prayers.
john

Barbourville, KY

#2 Apr 19, 2013
Red wrote:
I just wanted to tell the people of Boston how sorry I am that because of the stupidity of others, you have to enclose yourselves indoors. I hope they catch that boy soon so you wont have to stay inside anymore. I wish I could do more to help, and I know the people of Cherokee Alabama are praying for your safety, and Quick recovery to those who were injured. Hopefully this will be over soon and you can go back to your regular lives. Your In my thoughts and Prayers.
Come on do you really think that the 100's of cops, armoured trucks, national guard are all to catch 1 guy. this is all to set up martial law and they have used this to do it. they are going into peoples homes taking their guns illegally searching their homes of people that have no ties to this guy or his family.
Third Suspect

Hazleton, PA

#3 Apr 19, 2013
According to Topix there's a third suspect in an Amtrak train in Connecticut.
``````````

UPDATE 10:00 a.m. ET: A third suspect, described in news reports as an accomplice of the Tsarnaev brothers, is believed to be on board a New-York-bound Amtrak train that has been halted in East Norwalk, Conn., and authorities have surrounded the train.
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick told residents of Boston and nearby suburbs to stay indoors as a massive manhunt continues for the surviving suspect wanted in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings. Police identified him as Dzhokar Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Mass.

The dead man, identified as his Tsarnaev's older brother Tamerlan, 26, was killed in a confrontation with law enforcement officers last night after an MIT security officer was shot dead while sitting in his vehicle and a 7-Eleven store was robbed. Media reports say that the brothers are linked to both incidents.

The FBI broadcast the images of both men around the world yesterday after reviewing countless hours of video from surveillance cameras and cellphone videos submitted by people who were near the bombings. Within hours the violence erupted in Boston.

Swarms of law enforcement officials are conducting a door-to-door search of the area, but the suspect is still at large. Two people have reportedly been taken into custody in Watertown without being arrested.

"Don't open the door for anyone except identified law enforcement officers" Patrick told area residents in a news conference. He all residents of Boston and the suburbs of Watertown, Waltham, Newton, Belmont, Cambridge, to "shelter in place."

The Boston-area transit system has been shut down, forcing hundreds of thousands of commuters to return home. Colleges and schools across the area are closed. Boston-bound Amtrak trains were stopped in Providence. Authorities ordered all taxi services to stop. The Federal Aviation Administration set up a no-fly zone over Watertown area.
Red

Centerville, TN

#4 Apr 19, 2013
john wrote:
<quoted text>Come on do you really think that the 100's of cops, armoured trucks, national guard are all to catch 1 guy. this is all to set up martial law and they have used this to do it. they are going into peoples homes taking their guns illegally searching their homes of people that have no ties to this guy or his family.
I believe it, It isn't right either, they just want to take all our rights and freedoms away. The America we were taught about it in school no longer exist. Soon there will be nothing left of it.
JMO

Charleston, WV

#5 Apr 19, 2013
john wrote:
<quoted text>Come on do you really think that the 100's of cops, armoured trucks, national guard are all to catch 1 guy. this is all to set up martial law and they have used this to do it. they are going into peoples homes taking their guns illegally searching their homes of people that have no ties to this guy or his family.
I agree totally. This just seems like one big military exercise. Practice of things to come. If something happens with North Korea involving a nuke, heaven forbid, we may find the whole country under some kind of lock down. For our own protection of course. So, people couldn't go to work; school; doctor; store; to family's houses, or anything? I can't believe how easy people folded. How many people in the greater Boston area and the surrounding neighboring cities were locked down?
FYI

Charleston, WV

#6 Apr 19, 2013
Boston and surrounding area, home to 4.59 MILLION people.
Grow up

Mesa, AZ

#7 Apr 19, 2013
I suppose you idiots would rather let the terrorists go free.
C Oincidence

Bryn Mawr, PA

#8 Apr 19, 2013
JMO wrote:
<quoted text>I agree totally. This just seems like one big military exercise. Practice of things to come. If something happens with North Korea involving a nuke, heaven forbid, we may find the whole country under some kind of lock down. For our own protection of course. So, people couldn't go to work; school; doctor; store; to family's houses, or anything? I can't believe how easy people folded. How many people in the greater Boston area and the surrounding neighboring cities were locked down?
Bingo!. Slowly and incrementally they will see exactly how much they can get away with. The Leno Jaywalking crowd will not think twice about measures like this. Law Enforcement is there to protect our rights and life but not stampede on them or endanger them.
KyMan

Alexandria, VA

#9 Apr 20, 2013
Grow up wrote:
I suppose you idiots would rather let the terrorists go free.
Those that give up essential Liberty for to purchase temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin
Sports Fan

Anonymous Proxy

#10 Apr 20, 2013
Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics are a better reason to stay locked up in homes.
JMO

Charleston, WV

#11 Apr 20, 2013
KyMan wrote:
<quoted text>Those that give up essential Liberty for to purchase temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin
Amen brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man dies in daylight shooting on Roxbury street 19 hr reality is a crutch 2
Residents of proposed luxury building on West B... 19 hr reality is a crutch 1
why do white men act like they don't like black... (Mar '11) Fri White man 112
Dr Brian Awbrey (Oct '10) Fri A and H 531
Priest says all are welcome in his church (Jun '11) Thu Fa-Foxy 3
Mass Concepts are changing fast! (Nov '13) Dec 18 joe 2
Catholic (Jun '13) Dec 18 joe 2

Boston News Video

Boston Dating
Find my Match