Federal judge: Rome couple cannot sue...

Federal judge: Rome couple cannot sue for deaths of dogs

There are 2 comments on the Utica Daily News story from Feb 15, 2011, titled Federal judge: Rome couple cannot sue for deaths of dogs. In it, Utica Daily News reports that:

A U.S. District Court judge ruled that a Rome family cannot sue for negligent infliction of emotional stress or loss of companionship because their pets died in a fire last February.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Utica Daily News.

Woogie

Jamesville, NY

#1 Feb 16, 2011
I like pets as much as the next guy but this ruling is correct. Imagine what a precedent this would have set.
ThenDontDependOn Governmen

Anonymous Proxy

#2 Feb 16, 2011
You cant sue a government for not doing anything, only if they did too much to make it illegal.

Example:(true story too!)

A small kid fell in a small river, the cop stood there and watched without doing anything to help the boy. The boy drowned. The parents tried sueing the police, they were unsuccesful because the cop can do as he pleases(i guess public servant got thrown out the window).

Now when the cops beat you up, oh you better have video evidence, oh yeah thats right it's illegal to video tape a cop. In all reality, it is the citizens who document the cops in public, look that one up! Well, either way, thats where a cop does too much and does illegal activities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The M/V Taku. (Jun '17) Jun '17 Linda 1
News Lessons on tourism at the resort that Hugh built (Mar '14) Mar '14 DennisThe Menance 2
News TMC '14 Lines Garner 'Strong Dealer Response' (Nov '13) Nov '13 Savant 1
News U.S. recreational boating industry associations... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Savant 1
News Top Motorhome Manufacturer Promotes Grimm to Na... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Class-C-Motorhomes 1
News Thor Motor Coach the #1 Selling motorhome brand (Mar '12) Mar '12 Illinois State RV... 3
News Thor Motor Coach claims 31 percent jump in mark... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jason 1