hair cut stories of sikh boys and girls

Since: Nov 13

United States

#4425 Apr 2, 2014
I wish i could share some videos over here!!!
MMr

Konnagar, India

#4426 Apr 2, 2014
Ezi wrote:
You are all a bunch of uneducated freshies and know nothing about Sikhi.
you're a women and would not understand what teen punjabis boys feel about long hair.
teen boy starts to see his receded hairline at the age of 16, probably bald from sides and front by 18(not all but majority). you see sikh girls or girls from any religion does not go for sardars( many don't) this has cause pressure on boys for getting a haircut. take 9/11 for example, after the incident sardars are thought to be terrorist, even attacked.

now girls dont go for sardars and baldies dudes(early 20).........
so not much option left!
either cut hair from child hood or suffer the trauma of balding in teen and last tie turban the rest of the life.
turban leads to depression too. i'm pretty sure you don't wear a turban.
khoji sikh xyz

Dallas, TX

#4427 Apr 3, 2014
vaalan diyan doe naavan-- repeated-- marag darshan -- shabad -- gurbani -- jeta samund saagar neer pranvat nanak agea marag pave-- rebuild ek lakh adaanve hazaar din tkrb hoye sikh nu aye te mrg drs toun bager zero hoe eh ekko thaen te doe te nahi kyonki sanbhalan te 29 mnts 59 scds rozana lagde hun sabhde daas samet dble ove -- bhul di khima rebuild dheke te charaho te raula hi mukao ta tarika hai ki others 26 - 26 dono sides toun hariyavle te eh ek side toun 26 hariyavle te sukke de darmian te duji side toun 13 sm haryv te ske de drmn rebuild -- alokik bal di sakhi vi hai panjve guru te sulhi khan di -- -- gurbani -- tethon hi bal Raam lai dehsir da naash karayea tethon hi bal Krishan lai kans da naash karayea kudrat ka khel -- chandi di vaar -- dasam granth -- oh treta yug te oh dwapar yug de avataar--rebuild -- jagah ijazat nahi dendi ki hor beant kahan pur aap jaano jan karo ki sandesa hai --adhve guru vele chechak te hun dubhida confusion 69 samjho understand rebuild jaap sahib -- namo mantra mn namo jantra jn namo tantre tn rebuild azaadi -- th kn of th su to hf sk an hf ot po on 50 50 or 40 40 20 rebuild gurbani -- har ke naam bina dukh pave bhagat bina sehsa neh chuke gur eh bhed rebuild
khoji sikh xyz

Dallas, TX

#4428 Apr 5, 2014
vaalan diyan doe naavan -- mn yrs back it came in news that just by gettings mundamitr girlfriend tuhadiyan sariyan sankat nahi mit jaunge similarly by getting vaal katva ke same ohi vaisa -- aap jaano jan karo --- rebuild -- sankat mitanlaye hor beant upaye labhne paenge rebuild
gurpreet sharma

Chandigarh, India

#4429 Apr 6, 2014
Hi i am a sikh girl i am married with a hindu boy i have kept my hair long whole my life in my in laws the whole family cut their hair my mother in law and sister in law cut there hair my sister in law have bangs and short pony i also wish to cut my hair and go with my husband for hair cut i was done gutt and lady cut it now i am happy
harish singh

United States

#4430 Apr 10, 2014
Was really tired of my really long hair and i alwaz wanted to feel how does it feel when hair gets cut. So i reduced my hair length by 2 inches by doing a self haircut, bt den i wanted to try some short hair too, so i made my front hair into short bangs varying from chin to shoulder length. And yeah not to forget am a guy who wanted to try haircut.
raj

Dubai, UAE

#4431 Apr 10, 2014
I live in Uk and was the only sardar in my whole school and only indian. i fought everyone and today can say i am the proudest sardar in the world. I am successful and have more confidence then most of the losers. If you feel cutting your hair and losing your identity makes you stronger then actually you are the weakest person ever. Please confirm if you go abroad and you are bullied about being brown will you bleach your face. It is so sad to see such a person who has no confidence although the top respected people are sardars in the world. Please confirm why you have to emphasise on your name and religion if you had a turban everyone would know who you are a singh.
kiranjot

Suri, India

#4432 Apr 12, 2014
It was sunny Sunday I wash my hair my mother was going for bussiness trip with father for 3 months I was going to live with caretaker it was my summer break my caretaker doent no to do good gutt as she have boycut and my mother ask me to get haircut I was my hair and go to parlour and got step hair cut
mani

Ashburn, VA

#4433 Apr 15, 2014
Hello friends.i want to tell you about today's incidence . Small bro de baal bot vdde ho gye si .ohne haircut nai krvaya si jdon da mom ne ohda headshave kita si.ajj mom ne notice kita and said ki mainu tere baal short chahide ne shaam tk.bro ne mom di gal vl dhyaan nai ditta.in kidding mood,mom ne keha kite tu dubara jooda rakhn di te nai soch rea;hun te mainu jooda tie krna vi bhull gya ee.mai,mom bot hsse mom di gl utte.den bro said no mom;mom ok .den get your haircut soon otherwise she will do that for him.few hours passed bro haircut lyi nai gya .then mom got angry and told bro to get ready. Mom vi tyaar hoye and we went for his haircut to saloon.we reached saloon.all chairs were occupied by customers and all stylists were busy.we waited for 10-15 mins.then 1 chair was vacant and mom said bro to sit .barber came and asked. Mom said son's haircut but firstly wash his hairs.after washing bro came back and sat on chair.barber put cape on him and asked for style.before bro should say anything mom announced for mushroom cut.bro said he dont want that.then mom said ki mai tenu keha si svere haircut krva aa but tu nai mnya.now i came with you and you have to adopt that hairstyle which i want.mom said mushroom cut is your punishment ,after this you will get haircut time to time and avoid shabby look.barber firstly shorten the length of hairs.then he took clippers and start moving near his hairline.he was looking smart but bro was unhappy.i asked mom why she gave mushroom cut as punishment .mom said mai kyi moms nu dekhya apne bachea da mushroom cut krvandea and bache mushroom cut nu like nai krde.thats why mai eda ae cut krvaya.i said ok.then haircut completed .barber removed cape and mom paid money.we came back home.
Gold

Ludhiana, India

#4434 Apr 15, 2014
gurpreet sharma wrote:
Hi i am a sikh girl i am married with a hindu boy i have kept my hair long whole my life in my in laws the whole family cut their hair my mother in law and sister in law cut there hair my sister in law have bangs and short pony i also wish to cut my hair and go with my husband for hair cut i was done gutt and lady cut it now i am happy
@ Gurpreet: Great of you to have accepte the way of you in-law family. This shows how much you have accepted your husband and his family. Also you must be very easy life now. And you have said it - you are happy now. Can you share your hair cutting experience? How have you got your hair cut and what is you first hair cut experience? And I must also congratulate you on your inter religious marriage - best wishes for your life ahead and keep contributing.
Gold

Ludhiana, India

#4435 Apr 15, 2014
mani wrote:
Hello friends.i want to tell you about today's incidence . Small bro de baal bot vdde ho gye si .ohne haircut nai krvaya si jdon da mom ne ohda headshave kita si.ajj mom ne notice kita and said ki mainu tere baal short chahide ne shaam tk.bro ne mom di gal vl dhyaan nai ditta.in kidding mood,mom ne keha kite tu dubara jooda rakhn di te nai soch rea;hun te mainu jooda tie krna vi bhull gya ee.mai,mom bot hsse mom di gl utte.den bro said no mom;mom ok .den get your haircut soon otherwise she will do that for him.few hours passed bro haircut lyi nai gya .then mom got angry and told bro to get ready. Mom vi tyaar hoye and we went for his haircut to saloon.we reached saloon.all chairs were occupied by customers and all stylists were busy.we waited for 10-15 mins.then 1 chair was vacant and mom said bro to sit .barber came and asked. Mom said son's haircut but firstly wash his hairs.after washing bro came back and sat on chair.barber put cape on him and asked for style.before bro should say anything mom announced for mushroom cut.bro said he dont want that.then mom said ki mai tenu keha si svere haircut krva aa but tu nai mnya.now i came with you and you have to adopt that hairstyle which i want.mom said mushroom cut is your punishment ,after this you will get haircut time to time and avoid shabby look.barber firstly shorten the length of hairs.then he took clippers and start moving near his hairline.he was looking smart but bro was unhappy.i asked mom why she gave mushroom cut as punishment .mom said mai kyi moms nu dekhya apne bachea da mushroom cut krvandea and bache mushroom cut nu like nai krde.thats why mai eda ae cut krvaya.i said ok.then haircut completed .barber removed cape and mom paid money.we came back home.
@mani: nice to see your post after so long. And I am sure you mother must be really angry on your brother, that is why she asked for mushroom cut. But I am sure also that your brother will start to like it by and by. Also he should know that your mom has actually helped you by getting you haircuts. Once his hair grows out, Your brother should get an equal buzz all over, then his hair will grow nicely and he can maintain it. But the summer would hve gone by then and this will keep him cool and easy with no bad hair days all summer. How about your hair cut. Are you keeping buzzed or head shave? Did you not feel like getting a trim when you went to the barber shop with your mom and brother. I had a hair cut after a long time just a short while ago when I got tired of growing my h airs. And then I went visiting my friend and he wanted to go for a haircut. I accompanied him and again got a trim all over just less than 3 weeks after my earlier hair cut. It was sooo cool and such an experience. Actually the cleaning of the nape area and the clippers along the head are real enjoyable experiences! How are your chachiji and her children? Best Wishes and keep posting.
mani

Ashburn, VA

#4436 Apr 16, 2014
@ Gold
hello gold .where was you ?it passed long time you update your views on this forum.by the way i am growing the length.i decided to get my hairs buzzed from sides and maintain length in middle.somewhat like mohawk.it was my wish but if it does not suit me ....i will again get hairs buzzed.chachiji got layered cut .it suits her.chachiji and mom has decided to get haircuts of chachiji sons next month.mom is happy with her bob cut.she remain her hairs open all the time and enjoy her new style.she really loved bob.
Gold

Ludhiana, India

#4438 Apr 16, 2014
mani wrote:
@ Gold
hello gold .where was you ?it passed long time you update your views on this forum.by the way i am growing the length.i decided to get my hairs buzzed from sides and maintain length in middle.somewhat like mohawk.it was my wish but if it does not suit me ....i will again get hairs buzzed.chachiji got layered cut .it suits her.chachiji and mom has decided to get haircuts of chachiji sons next month.mom is happy with her bob cut.she remain her hairs open all the time and enjoy her new style.she really loved bob.
@mani: thank you for the reply and the response. Well it is nice to try out new hair styles. Mohawk is a different style but needs a lot of maintenance as the centre long hairs have to be gelled to keep then straight and pointed. Also the sides have to be trimmed/shaved regularly so that they give a proper styling effect tot he mohawk.But you can always get back to the buzz your hair all over once you feel it has outlived your likeness.It is better to clean shave the sides and back but grow the top length and then comb the entire length backwards.The feeling if lightness on the sides is just different! and the clean sides are so cool...!
I must congratulate your mom to be such a dear and help everyone. She has kept her bob style and such a style has to be left open. Even if you tie the short hair it gives a different feelig as it looks like a short brush look and very convenient to maintain. It seems that your chachiji has finally got courage to get haircut for her sons. Aapne step cut maintain karde ne te kids nu vi saloo laye ke jaande honge. Is naal kids nu hair cut baare paata lag jaaa hai te uh feel good karde ne. How did your cousins feel after they saw you and your brother being head shaved? Ki uhna nu paata hai ki uhna da hair cut karvauna hai? Mere ek colleague ne aapne son da 'jooda' calss 10 tak rakheya si. phi usne apn vaal ve shoulder length katva laye.the boy was excited to get hair cutand one day he came with a new style. Baada hi handsome lagda si. Turban ton free hogaya. Now he had different style karda hai and his mom also keeps her hair in pony and also gets the length shorter regularly. Both are enjoying and she said that it was her parents pressure which got her to keep 'jooda' for her son. I am sure when the boys (your cousins) get hair cuts they will also enjoy. Is your chachiji agree? It will be a big day for them! best Wishes and keep sharing your experiencing - it is encouraging for most followers.
NDV

Ozone Park, NY

#4439 Apr 17, 2014
Racism and not fitting in is why. I cant get a job, cant geat a girlfriend and some people think i cant speak english because of my looks. Im cutting it at age 18. period. after age 18, you can do whatever the hell you want.
indina

Cranbury, NJ

#4440 Apr 17, 2014
im 15 from the US and my dad passed away a few years ago i really want to get a haircut but my mom is really strict about it. Most of my cousins have a haircut and having a patka is starting to bother me. My facial hair is also bothering me and i feel like i have nothing to lose. My mom said if i get a haircut shes gonna kick me outta the house and she may do something to herself..
mani

Ashburn, VA

#4441 Apr 18, 2014
@gold
hello.gold i know its very difficult to maintain mohawk style.i have to shave my sides regularly.but once i want to see myself in that style.style maintain krn ch koi problem nai ,that shaving sides o te mom vi help ke denge shave krn ch.she is always ready for that.bs hairstyle suit kr jaave meinu baki i will maintain it .not for long time but for some days as it was my wish.after that jdon mera mann bhar javega then i will go for buzz or shave again.my hairs length is good now in 4 or 5 days i am going to saloon to get that style .
gold what do mean by short brush look of moms hairs .i cant understand your this comment.mom made chachiji agree for her sons cutting.before summers their hairs will be cut.chachiji was saying to mom k aje 1-2 saal rukk jayeyi .then mom said after 1-2 saal baad vi te ktvaane ee ne. why should now?then chachiji said ok.chachiji said to mom ki aap ee jana mre sons da haircut krvaan vi .she will not go.mom laughed and said ok ...
mason

Howrah, India

#4442 Apr 18, 2014
mani wrote:
@gold
hello.gold i know its very difficult to maintain mohawk style.i have to shave my sides regularly.but once i want to see myself in that style.style maintain krn ch koi problem nai ,that shaving sides o te mom vi help ke denge shave krn ch.she is always ready for that.bs hairstyle suit kr jaave meinu baki i will maintain it .not for long time but for some days as it was my wish.after that jdon mera mann bhar javega then i will go for buzz or shave again.my hairs length is good now in 4 or 5 days i am going to saloon to get that style .
gold what do mean by short brush look of moms hairs .i cant understand your this comment.mom made chachiji agree for her sons cutting.before summers their hairs will be cut.chachiji was saying to mom k aje 1-2 saal rukk jayeyi .then mom said after 1-2 saal baad vi te ktvaane ee ne. why should now?then chachiji said ok.chachiji said to mom ki aap ee jana mre sons da haircut krvaan vi .she will not go.mom laughed and said ok ...
Are you mani from Winnipeg?
mani

Ashburn, VA

#4443 Apr 19, 2014
@mason
no ....
khoji sikh xyz

Dallas, TX

#4444 Apr 19, 2014
vaalan diyan doe naavan--sikhon te sikhniyon bhai guriqbaal singh kehnde hun je koi chaar chaatan jan manzilan vaali imaarat hoi te koi aap nahi chariya oh vakhri gal hai eh kehdeve ki chauthey chatt hai hi nahi eh dheek nahi --shabad gurbani -- kaudi badle tiyage ratan --rebuild kai sikh nere itihasik gurudwareiyn de tan darmiana ghat lod dour same de da darmiana vadh lod pehndi hai ehna sabh di -- sb sr ds sj -- da ratan te kaudi de drmn kaaran hun kes gr mohr kasvt prkh adhv gr-- ks ktl nh kr-- jan-sbt sr rb di bhan -- ratan karn eh hai -- eh doe shabad -- dhare kesh pahul bina bhekhi moorah sikh mera darshan nahi tis paapi tiyage bhikh te duja -- baani kahe sevak jan maane pratakh guru nistare rebuild bhul di khima -- suit milda julda hai tan zarur es rah te chaala te suit milda julda nahi tan zarur es rah te na chaalo te kabeer kal kare aaj aaj ab pal parley --vaal katva ki oh sare kam karo jo sikh forum te ethey beant sikh te sikhniyan ne pragat express kita hun --sikh te other people vich beant farak hun ohna vichon ek ha eh jag mitha aglo kinno ditha te eh lok sukhiya parlok suhele nanak --majbouri kptkpn vich aayea --manno jan na manno pur agle janam jo dharmik oh sabh nibha lene -- 20 --24 vareh pehlan doordarshan vich aayea si ek state vichon munda osnu pechley janam da sabh yaad si osda piyo visi te vakhrei state vich har shai pehchanda si naal adhey ghante da prgrm si koi aisy upaye labho jan aisa kutamb vich beant oh sabh kudrat film vi bani si --aggon aap khud bare siyane ho keval sikhi ruopi lakhman rekha vich raho ptkpn te sabh dheek hai rebuild

Since: Nov 13

Ashburn, VA

#4445 Apr 20, 2014
indina wrote:
im 15 from the US and my dad passed away a few years ago i really want to get a haircut but my mom is really strict about it. Most of my cousins have a haircut and having a patka is starting to bother me. My facial hair is also bothering me and i feel like i have nothing to lose. My mom said if i get a haircut shes gonna kick me outta the house and she may do something to herself..
Hey brother!! You maybe right about what you feel, it's actually all about what you think and how you take it. Being a sikh is really a symbol of honor. You may not understand this thing at this young age but when you'll grow up!!
Try going Gurudwara Sahib spend some time the ask your mother about the sikhism's history!! Be proud of what you are!!! It's a Gift.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories in the Blogosphere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which ethnicity has the most beautiful women (Aug '09) 17 hr Deanna 452
Why white men hate seeing black men dating asia... (Mar '12) 20 hr Who Dat 3,224
To All Asian Women: Do you like Black Men? (Nov '08) 20 hr Who Dat 10,423
My White ex-GF is pregnant by a Black men who l... (Aug '09) Sun Johnny 170
Poll why there are so many latinas marrying white men? (Aug '09) Sun jessenie garcia 1,101
Gang Stalking Debate Forum! (Jan '10) Aug 19 Beckyt 8,612
Do Women Like To Watch Porn ? (May '10) Aug 19 TIM 63
More from around the web