Comments
21 - 40 of 4,243 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
suckdeep singh

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 16, 2009
 
you smoked aren't u sikh
japharman singh

Gurgaon, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

suckdeep singh wrote:
you smoked aren't u sikh
no i am not sikh now and i smoke a pack daily
japharman singh

Gurgaon, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

suckdeep singh wrote:
you smoked aren't u sikh
i am not a sikh now and smoke a pack daily but i have full faith in my guru and go to gurudaware daily twice
jhn singh

Gurgaon, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Oct 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Sukh_Man wrote:
i am a 14 year old Sikh girl. all my life, i have kept my hair in a braid and never cut it. i didn't really mind so much until i reached middle school. every girl i saw had nice beautiful hair, and they gave me bad looks because of the way i kept my hair. i'm being serious. the girls with the nice hair would be the ones with a lot of friends, and boyfriends. this is how it works around here. everyone is shallow. i've been looked down on because of my braid for 3 years. enough was enough. one day, my mom took me to the salon to get a trim for my split ends, and the lady accidently cut off way too much hair. i know she did it on purpose, because they were all having a conversation on how once their daughters reached highschool, they choppoed off their hair, but my mom said that i wouldn't. ANYWAYS, it wasn't that short, but it was pretty short. lucky for me, my mom went to india right after. so, i watched online tutorials on how to cut your own hair. i cut it myself, and i looked absolutely gorgeous. i've gained a whole load of confidence, and i made so much friends. people who didn't talk to me before, suddenly started talking to me. but hey, you see what i mean when i say they're shallow here? sometimes i wish i still had a braid to see if they would still treat me the same. anyways, since my mom went to india for 4 weeks, and my dad was completely clueless when it came to these things, i thought it would grow back by then. but it didn't. when my mom came back, i was terrified on how she would react. i kept my hair tied in a bun for as long as i could remember. then one weekend, around 8AM, i went downstairs to get a cup of milk while my hair was in a low ponytail since i just woke up. and my mom was all "WHY IS YOUR HAIR SO SHORT?". you know, i'm pretty lucky my mom is chill. she asked if i cut it, i said "NO this is how short it was when the salon lady cut it." (besides, i only cut off a few inches) i was scared for nothing, she didn't care. HONESTLY. she didn't care at all. i think she liked it, actually. but every now and then, she's like "DID YOU CUT YOUR HAIR?". she knows i cut it, but she doesn't care.:) i'm pretty lucky if you ask me. most Sikh parents would freak and not talk to their kids for a week or so. i'm so thankful my parents aren't like that. anyways, now i'm in highscool. it's SO hard to find someone who has a braid. me and so many other Sikh girls cut our hair for the same reason, to fit it. and, so what? and that's my story.:)
- Sukhman (NY, USA)
what was the length of ur hairs when u gone for trimming
herman singh

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Nov 16, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

harman we might have the same name but we dont have the same idea about hair.i luv sikhism and im proud to have long hair n for everybodys information i would like to tell evryone that i have many girl friends from all religions.they never complainet about my hair.they n everybody really think im handsome.well even though if i might have looked ugly i would have still not cut my hair.because this is the true identity of a sikh.just learn something from that 12 year old boy,proud of u bro(prabhjot).even the girls here suck who have cut there hair or who clean shaven boys.just dont follow these idiot girls.just for these cheap girls dont leave ur reliigion ur identity.coz u may find many girls in life but sikhism is somethin u should be proud all ur life
sat sri akal
wahe guru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
jessie

Corona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Nov 22, 2009
 

Judged:

5

2

1

I'm a 25 year old girl....andI just don't get it. I cut my hair and I believe in God and do paath everyday at home and go to the Gurudwara often.....so why do people think I'm less of a Sikh just because I cut my hair?? I don't know how to live without shaving my armpits and legs! I've seen people who don't cut their hair and they're such bad people...they lie, drink, they talk bad about people all the time etc....I don't drink or smoke. I've never tried or let alone seen any drugs (as in street drugs).....I am a vegetarian and have always been a good student in while I was in school and now college. As I said, I pray daily, and do sewa at the Gurudwara. So I'm not a real Sikh just because I cut my hair?
I know soooo many people who don't cut their hair and all they do is gossip about other people all day long.....and constantly lie.....and they're real Sikhs just because they don't cut their hair?
We all cut our nails....hair and nails are both made of protein...so what's the problem with hair? I've read some that some people wrote...well we Sikhs have to sacrifice.......what are we sacrificing by not cutting our hair? While I was in elementary schools...there were girls who would pull my braids and make fun of me...I would come home and cry every night....do you all know what that did to my self esteem? I still am not over that even though I cut my hair now...I still sometimes think of how much I had to suffer.
Cutting or not cutting your hair does not define who you are....it does not define that you are a Sikh or not.......you are a Sikh....just be a good person overall! Don't let these other people tell you that you are not a Sikh because you cut your hair!! They don't know any better...they're just repeating what their parents have engraved into their heads since they were born....learn to use your own judgement.....
Mojo

Dolbeau, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Nov 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

The only thing that I am scared is convicing them and then they loose respect for me. I believe in god and my dad has cut hair and I don't want hurt him. But y should I keep it if he doesn't have it.
Yo Silkhss Mann Dem

Telford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Nov 27, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Live ur life u wnna live like, but keep ur religion strong so people can see ur unique and dont give a F about any one, u just follow ur religion and keep ur trust alive- the thing is this mite be ur 250 millionth birth, dont u think this time we should go to heaven and keep our religion strong, so others admire it to. God wnts respect to religion but also the identity of sikhs, we are meant to be different from others we are meant to be unique and love the way we are different to others becuase we are following the gurus teachings. SO my sikh Gesearas just be ya self- and u know tho G- a gyal likes a man dem by his personality now- i hook wiv 10 girls a day blud- a man on hype fing u know lool
anywayz ive made my point- be urself- be respectful to ur religion by doing part understannding ur religion and also by keeping ur identitity
i know things r hard when u have long hair, but listen keep ur dedication strong and if u want u can keep ur hair back in cainrows (braids) or wear a patka like monty panasear- so yh my Gesears keep ur self man dem and u ll get ur gyals and Be freagin confident ur mean to be fk'in lions.
prabhjot pannu

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Nov 27, 2009
 
herman singh wrote:
harman we might have the same name but we dont have the same idea about hair.i luv sikhism and im proud to have long hair n for everybodys information i would like to tell evryone that i have many girl friends from all religions.they never complainet about my hair.they n everybody really think im handsome.well even though if i might have looked ugly i would have still not cut my hair.because this is the true identity of a sikh.just learn something from that 12 year old boy,proud of u bro(prabhjot).even the girls here suck who have cut there hair or who clean shaven boys.just dont follow these idiot girls.just for these cheap girls dont leave ur reliigion ur identity.coz u may find many girls in life but sikhism is somethin u should be proud all ur life
sat sri akal
wahe guru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
i'm a gurl, it's ok if u didn't know ^_^
prabhjot pannu

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Nov 27, 2009
 
Yo Silkhss Mann Dem wrote:
Live ur life u wnna live like, but keep ur religion strong so people can see ur unique and dont give a F about any one, u just follow ur religion and keep ur trust alive- the thing is this mite be ur 250 millionth birth, dont u think this time we should go to heaven and keep our religion strong, so others admire it to. God wnts respect to religion but also the identity of sikhs, we are meant to be different from others we are meant to be unique and love the way we are different to others becuase we are following the gurus teachings. SO my sikh Gesearas just be ya self- and u know tho G- a gyal likes a man dem by his personality now- i hook wiv 10 girls a day blud- a man on hype fing u know lool
anywayz ive made my point- be urself- be respectful to ur religion by doing part understannding ur religion and also by keeping ur identitity
i know things r hard when u have long hair, but listen keep ur dedication strong and if u want u can keep ur hair back in cainrows (braids) or wear a patka like monty panasear- so yh my Gesears keep ur self man dem and u ll get ur gyals and Be freagin confident ur mean to be fk'in lions.
u little... how dare u call us f*ckin lions... we are brave lions, and fight for others. so some respect :'(
prabhjot pannu

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Nov 27, 2009
 
show*
prabhjot pannu

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Nov 27, 2009
 
jessie wrote:
I'm a 25 year old girl....andI just don't get it. I cut my hair and I believe in God and do paath everyday at home and go to the Gurudwara often.....so why do people think I'm less of a Sikh just because I cut my hair?? I don't know how to live without shaving my armpits and legs! I've seen people who don't cut their hair and they're such bad people...they lie, drink, they talk bad about people all the time etc....I don't drink or smoke. I've never tried or let alone seen any drugs (as in street drugs).....I am a vegetarian and have always been a good student in while I was in school and now college. As I said, I pray daily, and do sewa at the Gurudwara. So I'm not a real Sikh just because I cut my hair?
I know soooo many people who don't cut their hair and all they do is gossip about other people all day long.....and constantly lie.....and they're real Sikhs just because they don't cut their hair?
We all cut our nails....hair and nails are both made of protein...so what's the problem with hair? I've read some that some people wrote...well we Sikhs have to sacrifice.......what are we sacrificing by not cutting our hair? While I was in elementary schools...there were girls who would pull my braids and make fun of me...I would come home and cry every night....do you all know what that did to my self esteem? I still am not over that even though I cut my hair now...I still sometimes think of how much I had to suffer.
Cutting or not cutting your hair does not define who you are....it does not define that you are a Sikh or not.......you are a Sikh....just be a good person overall! Don't let these other people tell you that you are not a Sikh because you cut your hair!! They don't know any better...they're just repeating what their parents have engraved into their heads since they were born....learn to use your own judgement.....
so... u think i'm wrong :'(.... do u think i'm wrong. how do u know if someone is repeating what there parents are saying or if they're truly saying is what they feel in they hearts. please don't jump to conclusions, PLEASE! thats what i wanted to POINT OUT!! and i did...:'( ur ending is really, REALLY hurtful to me
prabhjot pannu

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Nov 27, 2009
 
jessie wrote:
I'm a 25 year old girl....andI just don't get it. I cut my hair and I believe in God and do paath everyday at home and go to the Gurudwara often.....so why do people think I'm less of a Sikh just because I cut my hair?? I don't know how to live without shaving my armpits and legs! I've seen people who don't cut their hair and they're such bad people...they lie, drink, they talk bad about people all the time etc....I don't drink or smoke. I've never tried or let alone seen any drugs (as in street drugs).....I am a vegetarian and have always been a good student in while I was in school and now college. As I said, I pray daily, and do sewa at the Gurudwara. So I'm not a real Sikh just because I cut my hair?
I know soooo many people who don't cut their hair and all they do is gossip about other people all day long.....and constantly lie.....and they're real Sikhs just because they don't cut their hair?
We all cut our nails....hair and nails are both made of protein...so what's the problem with hair? I've read some that some people wrote...well we Sikhs have to sacrifice.......what are we sacrificing by not cutting our hair? While I was in elementary schools...there were girls who would pull my braids and make fun of me...I would come home and cry every night....do you all know what that did to my self esteem? I still am not over that even though I cut my hair now...I still sometimes think of how much I had to suffer.
Cutting or not cutting your hair does not define who you are....it does not define that you are a Sikh or not.......you are a Sikh....just be a good person overall! Don't let these other people tell you that you are not a Sikh because you cut your hair!! They don't know any better...they're just repeating what their parents have engraved into their heads since they were born....learn to use your own judgement.....
u are a gursikh... did anybody ever told u ur not a sikh?? i'm just asking?? if they have, tell them i'm a sikh, and u have no right to say i'm not
Yo SIKHHHS MANN DEMMMM

Telford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Nov 28, 2009
 
u little... how dare u call us f*ckin lions... we are brave lions, and fight for others. so some respect :'(

- In my fing i meant to prove a point it was a contrast of sikhs being fk'in lions are we gonna be brave lions- brave lions are the oens which shows dedication to their religion no matter what else anybody does or thinks of them!
Yo SIKHHHS MANN DEMMMM

Telford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Nov 28, 2009
 
im gnna write this again fr ppl tht didnt read dis

Live ur life u wnna live like, but keep ur religion strong so people can see ur unique and dont give a F about any one, u just follow ur religion and keep ur trust alive- the thing is this mite be ur 250 millionth birth, dont u think this time we should go to heaven and keep our religion strong, so others admire it to. God wnts respect to religion but also the identity of sikhs, we are meant to be different from others we are meant to be unique and love the way we are different to others becuase we are following the gurus teachings. SO my sikh Gesearas just be ya self- and u know tho G- a gyal likes a man dem by his personality now- i hook wiv 10 girls a day blud- a man on hype fing u know lool
anywayz ive made my point- be urself- be respectful to ur religion by doing part understannding ur religion and also by keeping ur identitity
i know things r hard when u have long hair, but listen keep ur dedication strong and if u want u can keep ur hair back in cainrows (braids) or wear a patka like monty panasear- so yh my Gesears keep ur self man dem and u ll get ur gyals and Be freagin confident ur meant to be strong brave lions
not........(well you can think of something really fk'in bad in those elipses dots).
Robert Tucker

Christchurch, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Nov 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I would Give My Whole Life to keep Kesh It is one of the most important things to me.
ajit

Lucknow, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Dec 4, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

apni maa chudao bhen ke loro madarchodo gand ke baal bhi uda lo choot ke bhi ura lo apni maa ki choot ke bhi ura lo apne baap ke lund ke bhi ura saalo
ravo

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Dec 5, 2009
 
Hi i am from a sikh family but dont consider myself sikh i dont follow sikhism at all im against the idea i dont really know anyfing about sikhism i in my heart and soul i dont feel sikh i dont have a turban i shave i drink bear excessively im 16 i dont like sikh culture i hardly ever go to the gudwara or when im asked im reluntant to help so would you really call me a sikh and im thinking about converting to christaninity
ravo

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Dec 5, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

do not follow sikhism it is shit everone sikh i america cut there here and bear dont follow sikhism and also it makes i appear more normal in america than looking like a terrioist
Jessie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Dec 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Hi Prabjot, and everyone else,
Yes people have told me that I'm not Gursikh. Let's just start with my in-laws. Just because the men wear turbans and the women don't cut their hair, they think that they are real Gursikhs and I am not. Yet I know for a fact that they gossip about everyone, including me, and lie constantly. I'm a very honest person and I've never ever gossiped about any one of them to anyone.
It's just really hard to live in such an environment. I believe in Sikhism, I honestly do. I respect the religion and all of the things the religion teaches are actually very good. I just don't agree with the hair cutting part.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••