hair cut stories of sikh boys and girls
mani

Europe

#4301 Feb 18, 2014
@gold
buddy my hairs are growing. they are not in proper style.after headshave i wear cap in routine.baki meri wish ae k mai sides to hairs bilkul short krvada.te centre ch thoda volume rakha .and back ton hairs long kr k tail type rakha :).baki i dont know the name of style .its little bit similar to mohawk haircut. i think of having somewhat funky hairstyle.... ;)
mani

Europe

#4302 Feb 18, 2014
@gold
about chachiji sons .i told you before, k this summers tk ohna da vi haircut ho jana.je chachiji na cut krva paaye ,as you know mere mom te hai ee she will get their haircut .mere te bro de haircut krvaan ton baad ohna nu pta chal gya vae k next generation de bache long hairs rakh k happy nai . so mom said better ae hi ae k jldi haircut krva diye ohna da vi. moreover mom chachiji nu hair comb wash de pangea ton free krvana chande ne jida koi fyda nai becoz children are not going to have joodas. bye :)
Kaur

Araghar, India

#4303 Feb 18, 2014
@mani
with you and your brother having shaved head and mom having shoulder length hair your family might already be looking like a hindu family.
Kaur

Araghar, India

#4304 Feb 18, 2014
@gold
yes its been long since it had my first cut but i was trying to grow it to mid back. i must tell u it was a great experience noticing the short hair grow everyday and with that u can try different styles. i am really enjoying my braid-free days.
last week i went for the regular trim as its been more than 3 months of my first cut. but more than me mom was excited as she accompanied me this time to salon. i just asked for trim as i planned to maintain mid back hair with side swept bangs.
now comes the exciting part the reason for mom to accompany me....
i had persuaded her to get her hair trim as well. mom is in her early fifties and like most of the punjabi moms she was maintaining her hair in jooda.
after my turn mom sat on the chair and the lady opened her loose jooda as her were already washed in the morning. she asked me what type of cut she wants, i said as it is her first time and she is bit hesitant as well, only a trim will serve the purpose. the lady combed her hair well and sprayed a bit of water to wet the hair and then she started trimming the hair from bottom. since hair were never cut before it was uneven and quite a lot of hair were cut from bottom to make it even. then i asked her to give it a U shape as straight hair were not looking good. then she blow dry the hair and it was done. mom was about to tie the jooda again. i gave her a rubber band and asked her to tie a pony instead of jooda. i had always seen mom in jooda. it was the first time she center partitioned her hair and tied a pony. she was looking very sweet and younger. her hair were perfectly cut, pony was looking very nice. when we went home dad looked at her and said she is looking very priety.
now mom usually keep pony at home but when going out with dad she tie jooda so that it does not look odd.
Kaur

Araghar, India

#4305 Feb 18, 2014
@sukhpreet
congrats. share your story
leon

Faridabad, India

#4306 Feb 20, 2014
prabhjot pannu wrote:
well, do it for the sake of god. god was the one who made you and god is the one that can take you life away.
I can only prefre you sam harris and Christopher hitchens
Gold

Ludhiana, India

#4307 Feb 20, 2014
mani wrote:
@gold
about chachiji sons .i told you before, k this summers tk ohna da vi haircut ho jana.je chachiji na cut krva paaye ,as you know mere mom te hai ee she will get their haircut .mere te bro de haircut krvaan ton baad ohna nu pta chal gya vae k next generation de bache long hairs rakh k happy nai . so mom said better ae hi ae k jldi haircut krva diye ohna da vi. moreover mom chachiji nu hair comb wash de pangea ton free krvana chande ne jida koi fyda nai becoz children are not going to have joodas. bye :)
@mani: yoight in saying kinext generation ne long hairs nahin rakhne. So better hai ki jaldi hi unha di hair cut karva diye. Par tussi sareyan nu long hairs rakhan da chance ditta hai - tuhadi mom ne te chachiji ne. You and your brother opted for hair cut and now head shave. So your cousins also have chace to keep hairs or have hair cut. hair wash and combing taan really panga hai te time consuming hai. your mother will do real help to your chachiji in giving hair cut to kids. Do tell us about experience!
Gold

Ludhiana, India

#4308 Feb 20, 2014
Kaur wrote:
@mani
with you and your brother having shaved head and mom having shoulder length hair your family might already be looking like a hindu family.
@kaur: I do not think mani and their family is like hindu family. Many sikh families have turban fathers and hair cut sons, these days.Also ladies have nice haircuts. many mothers give kids haircuts from beginning for nice looks and save trouble and time. It is a change which should be accepted.
Gold

Ludhiana, India

#4309 Feb 20, 2014
mani wrote:
@gold
yeah you are saying right gold. jitho tk menu lgda j mom ne new hairstyle kraya te shoulder length ton baad te bob ee ae. i afraid k mom bob cut na krva laen. vse vi j sikh ladies haircut lyi jaan te bs hair trim ee krvandea ne ya rebonding krvaan td vi trim ee krvandiya ne but mom ne ta pehli visit ch ee hip length ton shoulder cut krvaalya si.aje te baal thode thik length de ne pony vi ho jandi ae te open vi rakh laende ne , ene odd nai lgde but je bob krvalea te .i dont ki ho jana. ohna ne sadi family de ee nai lgna. o te pure hindu family nu belong krde hoye lggnge. i am confused and afraid kite mom sach ch bob na krva aan.mom te fr dad nl jachange ee nai . dad ne turban tie kiti hoye te mom ne bob cut krvaya hoye.this looks strange. baki mom te depend i will suggest her not to change hairstyle baki ohna di wish ae.
@mani: jiyada ooch na. Mom nu apne hair cut karan deo. She will love short hair ate bob to baad shaid ok short boy cut vi kar layen. Jadon freedom do maaza lai lehan dio. She will be good company for you and your brother for going to haircuts. Maybe, your dad secretly loves the changed hair style of your mom! encourage her to enjoy the experience of hair cropping! Do not worry - it is hair and will grow back!
mani

Ashburn, VA

#4310 Feb 20, 2014
@gold
no gold bob cut is too short . she should not go for that .shoulder length hairs are good. easy to manage and suits her .is ton chota haircut bot odd lgna i know.aje taan pony vi ho jandi ,bob ton baad look ee change ho jana. is there any other hairstyle after shoulder haircut? other than bob or boy cut .i can only suggest her hairstyles baki mrzi te ohna di chlni ae. first time jdon rebonding vi krvaan gye si odo vi mid back haircut lyi suggest kita si but that time vi she did her choice.koi fayda da nai si hoya... and gold what about my hairstyle? you understood or not which i am going to have hairstyle.?
mani

Ashburn, VA

#4311 Feb 20, 2014
@kaur
we both brothers dont keep our heads naked after headshave then how we seems to be of hindu family.we wear caps before going out the home .only at home we move with our naked shaved heads .but if mom goes for any short haircut bob or boy Cut then its the problem. it looks odd as mom will not wear any cap and what people will say..
Akash

Suri, India

#4312 Feb 21, 2014
I belong to a Sikh family and haircut was a thought which could never ever visit even our minds. We are four brothers I, gaurav, rohit and ashish. I am 18 years old and is eldest of them all. We had a first cousin himanshu who was my masi's son and he was a hindu(as my masarji is a Hindu). He came to live with us in Delhi for his studies. Seeing a guy having short hair and clean shaven face living with us was a new thing. I shared my room with him. I saw him shave, gel his hair, wash and comb his hair, style his hair and over above all get ready in just around 10 mins while it took me around 45 mins to get ready. I also accompanied him to saloon for his haircut and styling. All four of us now had an anxiety to be like him. He even told and motivated our thoughts for a haircut. Himanshu even demonstrated our look using photoshop and made us look with short hair. It was last month that all four of us went with himanshu to the saloon for the haircut. First one was ashish, he got a spiky short haircut, next was rohit, he got a forehead flick with long hair at back, gaurav got a comber back hair. Next was my turn, I was a bit nervous since I had spent a longer time with my Joora than my brothers. But then ashish consoled me and himanshu encouraged me. Barber opened my hair and cut off the length till my neck with the scissors. I selected center portion haircut and barber was good enough to style and gel it. Then he shave off my small beard and shaped up the sideburns. Now all four of us were looking smart and handsome. I kept on feeling my hair and smooth cheeks. Rohit and gaurav went in for ear piercing. Now we all feel the joy with open head, short hair, clean look and easy to maintain lifestyle. Parents were furious at our act but since four of us were together in action they accepted the same but for two weeks it was a terrible hullaby.
Gold

Ludhiana, India

#4313 Feb 21, 2014
Akash wrote:
I belong to a Sikh family and haircut was a thought which could never ever visit even our minds. We are four brothers I, gaurav, rohit and ashish. I am 18 years old and is eldest of them all. We had a first cousin himanshu who was my masi's son and he was a hindu(as my masarji is a Hindu). He came to live with us in Delhi for his studies. Seeing a guy having short hair and clean shaven face living with us was a new thing. I shared my room with him. I saw him shave, gel his hair, wash and comb his hair, style his hair and over above all get ready in just around 10 mins while it took me around 45 mins to get ready. I also accompanied him to saloon for his haircut and styling. All four of us now had an anxiety to be like him. He even told and motivated our thoughts for a haircut. Himanshu even demonstrated our look using photoshop and made us look with short hair. It was last month that all four of us went with himanshu to the saloon for the haircut. First one was ashish, he got a spiky short haircut, next was rohit, he got a forehead flick with long hair at back, gaurav got a comber back hair. Next was my turn, I was a bit nervous since I had spent a longer time with my Joora than my brothers. But then ashish consoled me and himanshu encouraged me. Barber opened my hair and cut off the length till my neck with the scissors. I selected center portion haircut and barber was good enough to style and gel it. Then he shave off my small beard and shaped up the sideburns. Now all four of us were looking smart and handsome. I kept on feeling my hair and smooth cheeks. Rohit and gaurav went in for ear piercing. Now we all feel the joy with open head, short hair, clean look and easy to maintain lifestyle. Parents were furious at our act but since four of us were together in action they accepted the same but for two weeks it was a terrible hullaby.
@Akash: CONGRATS to all four of you. It is real good that all the four brothers gave each other courage and support for hair cut at the same time. But one thing is that all the four brothers have names which sound mostly like hindu family names. But that is besides the point - and the most important thing is that Himanshu has helped you a lot and prepared you all for the hair cut. Your massi would be very happy because now her son (your cousin) would have great company. It would be even more enjoyable if all the five of you would be able to go for a haircut at one time simultaneously sitting in chairs at one time! At this time, the barber would be very happy as he got four new and permanent customers in one day. How many times have you gone for restyling in the past one month? Try our different styles and even a buzz cut for all of you. The hair will grow out well after that and you will relax. Shaving is a very refreshing experience and it is nice that you got a shave at the same time. Now you can have fun and will also have more friends as your appearance is more acceptable. Your parents must be mad with you but the numbers saved you, as all of you were together. Great job done Himanshu and good bye 'jooras'!
Gold

Ludhiana, India

#4314 Feb 21, 2014
Kaur wrote:
@gold
yes its been long since it had my first cut but i was trying to grow it to mid back. i must tell u it was a great experience noticing the short hair grow everyday and with that u can try different styles. i am really enjoying my braid-free days.
last week i went for the regular trim as its been more than 3 months of my first cut. but more than me mom was excited as she accompanied me this time to salon. i just asked for trim as i planned to maintain mid back hair with side swept bangs.
now comes the exciting part the reason for mom to accompany me....
i had persuaded her to get her hair trim as well. mom is in her early fifties and like most of the punjabi moms she was maintaining her hair in jooda.
after my turn mom sat on the chair and the lady opened her loose jooda as her were already washed in the morning. she asked me what type of cut she wants, i said as it is her first time and she is bit hesitant as well, only a trim will serve the purpose. the lady combed her hair well and sprayed a bit of water to wet the hair and then she started trimming the hair from bottom. since hair were never cut before it was uneven and quite a lot of hair were cut from bottom to make it even. then i asked her to give it a U shape as straight hair were not looking good. then she blow dry the hair and it was done. mom was about to tie the jooda again. i gave her a rubber band and asked her to tie a pony instead of jooda. i had always seen mom in jooda. it was the first time she center partitioned her hair and tied a pony. she was looking very sweet and younger. her hair were perfectly cut, pony was looking very nice. when we went home dad looked at her and said she is looking very priety.
now mom usually keep pony at home but when going out with dad she tie jooda so that it does not look odd.
@kaur: Your motivation is soo good that you got your r cut. She must be very happy now. And as you have said, your dad also likes her new look so she will have no problem in future hair cuts. Why did yo go for a trim after 3 months. I think a regular visit once a month is good. Sometimes we miss the routine but a regular trim is nice. I think about 6 inches of hair must have been cut for your mother because it has to be in a proper style. Take her to hair dresser again for a layered cut with shorter hair on the front. She will love it and give her a more younger look. How did her other friends react? It is a big change for her and I am happy she agreed to your idea and has loved her new look. later she can get shorter hair cut and just tie it ia pony which is very short and no problem with washing and combing. It is no problem these days as many people are experimenting with new styles. Good luck to both of you and thanks once again for getting your mother into the barber chair!
Heena

Nagar, India

#4315 Feb 22, 2014
Why do sikh girls don't like guys with Jooda ?
Wellwisher

Chandigarh, India

#4316 Feb 23, 2014
yrs well wisher wrote:
you forget your back that is why you have commited this crime you forget your sikh brothers and even your sister is too responsible for that. one day you will realise that you have stepped out of guru gobind singh ji very soft and sooo..... loving shelter.my brother do not worsen your life and do not make your life hell in this way.you will feel this advice as lacture but you are in the glooming effect of maya(the snake) i beg on your feets that please do not let other on this path.
.
ANd how is that supposed to make life a hell????!
Raman

Kundan, India

#4317 Feb 24, 2014
I wanted to have a haircut. I am 17 yesrs old sikh boy. I had gone in for a haircut when i was in 6th grade. There was a saloon nearby my school. I was lured by the stylish short haircut of my friends that i started to save my pocket money to get a haircut as my parents would never agree. So after two months came the grand day, after the school i went to the saloon and the barber opened my patka, opened my joora and made a pony at the back and cut it off. After 15 mins i owned a stylish hairstyle gelled and set. But when i went home i was beaten and cursed. But i resisted and kept the short hair. The scene continued gor 3 months where my family disowned me while i enjoyed the new hairstylesa but after 3 months they gave an ultimatum that if i did not keep back my joora they shall throw me out of the house. I got scared and agreed.it took around an year to get hair till my back, but the growth was erratic so i went to a saloon to trim my hair and as i opened my patka and joora the barber went for the trimming and levelling of the hair, to shape it up he cut off my hair till my neck, I got scared that my family would come to know that i again cut my hair, but till then it was done so i told him to straightem my hair and just took a small black cloth and tied it into a small roll and kept it on my head and tied a patka. The scheme went well. Since 8th grade i got a full fledged haircut with longer hair at back and on sides, now i wanted to try a short haircut so i started wearing a turban. At school i used to roam with my nice haircut while at home i used to tie a parna or a turban. Now i am in hostel and i regularly visit the saloon for haircuts and styling. Now i hv also started to shave, but i havent told my family, but this summers i shall go home with a nice haircut and clean shaven look. I think sikh boys should get haircuts in order to look gud and feel comfortable and fit in. Short hair adds bounce to your life.
muskan

Pathankot, India

#4318 Feb 25, 2014
Thinking for short haircut....
But not sure wht will be the final look
mani

Europe

#4319 Feb 25, 2014
@raman
thats great raman you got haircut .after shave the feeling is amzing.
mani

Europe

#4320 Feb 25, 2014
@muskan
what type of short haircut you are going to have ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories in the Blogosphere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My wife likes young guys (Aug '10) 10 hr Leuk 18
what do white american men think of muslim wome... (Aug '11) Tue nora 177
I got a black girl pregnant, advice (Sep '13) Nov 16 spicythang187 28
U.S.S. SANTEE LOOKING FOR CREWMATES 1942 to 194... (Oct '07) Nov 16 Savanah Green 210
Why are white men so attracted to asian women? (Jul '08) Nov 16 jennyz 21,769
Poll Are gold teeth sexy ? (May '09) Nov 14 Aggie 38
Poll why there are so many latinas marrying white men? (Aug '09) Nov 6 Latina advocate 1,105
More from around the web