Optifast 800 calorie diet

Posted in the Top Stories in the Blogosphere Forum

Comments (Page 265)

Showing posts 5,281 - 5,300 of5,522
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Nicky

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5495
Feb 15, 2013
 
Do people loose more after the first two weeks? I am on my second week and I haven't lost anything more than 4 lb. I am 5'5 I started at 192lb & now am 187. But yes I have cheated a little because of my headaches. The headaches are getting better and yes I don't feel as hungry anymore!
Sheri

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5496
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Nicky wrote:
Do people loose more after the first two weeks? I am on my second week and I haven't lost anything more than 4 lb. I am 5'5 I started at 192lb & now am 187. But yes I have cheated a little because of my headaches. The headaches are getting better and yes I don't feel as hungry anymore!
Hi Nicky...Cheating only delays the headaches from going away. DON'T cheat and they will go away a lot faster. And you will lose more weight when you stick 100% to plan. Drink your water that is a very important part of this plan. It is a simple plan and once you get the hang of having your shakes it is even simpler. Hope you will have a great week!!
Onward & Upward
Sheri
Dee from VA

Powhatan, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5497
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Hey Nicky,
The weight loss will probably slow down a little. First week I was down 7.3 lbs, second week 3.9 lbs, third week 3.3 lbs. I just finished my 3rd week and so far I've lost 14.5 pounds. My starting weight was 184.5 lbs and as of my last weigh-in I was 170.0 lbs, I'm 5'2". The key with this program is sticking to it. I rather drink an extra shake or eat an extra bar than take a bite of anything else that's not on the program.

Just set your mind to it that this is what you have to do in order to be successful. I also drink at least 8 cups of water mostly everyday and that helps to keep me full. I've lost 14.5 pounds in 3 weeks with doing little exercise. I will begin to incorporate more exercise after the first month. In the last 3 weeks I've been examining what caused me to gain weight and how I plan on combating this once I'm off Optifast. I believe the break from food is the best time to plan for the future and learn how to change my eating habits. I view it as a total failure if I continue to eat the way I was after Optifast and during Optifast,

For anyone doing this program. Please allow yourself to be successful, don't think because you did good the whole day you are entitled to "cheat" or eat a small bite at the end of the day. The thing that keeps me motivated is going through these last 3 weeks without eating anything off plan. I even added coffee (instant decaf, I don't like coffee) to flavor the drinks and get in 1-2 cups of water while doing so.

Good luck all and stay motivated!!! You will see results.
Phoebe

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5498
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Fattyslim wrote:
From everything I've read and what my doctor told me, Optifast does not equal Slimfast. Optifast is very low carb/high protein whereas Slimfast is very high in sugars, carbs, etc. Slimfast is essentially a whole meal replacement and shouldn't really be considered similar to Optifast.
In terms of weight loss, it is entirely dependent on a number of factors.
Men tend to lose more. If you think about it, men in general have a higher daily caloric intake and need more calories daily, so cutting that is going to result in more drastic weight loss.
The heavier a person is, the more weight loss you are going to see on a weekly basis. A 200lb woman looking to lose 50lbs isn't going to see the same weight loss as a 400lb woman looking to lose 250lbs. Generally speaking, the larger the body, the greater number of calories that body needs to simply operate daily. Necessarily that person is going to lose more on a weekly basis.
Patients tend to see less weight loss the longer they are in the program. This simply has to do with the fact that the more weight a person loses, the less weight there is to lose and the fewer calories a now smaller body needs to operate daily.
A great deal of water needs to be consumed each day. Generally at least 64oz but there doesn't really seem to be an upper limit. Again, the nutritional/vitamin make-up of Optifast is crazy so a person really needs to consume enough liquid to make sure they aren't dehydrated.
In terms of exercise, if someone is entering a Optifast program, that program should contain some sort of exercise evaluation and stress test where your doctor tells you exactly what you should be doing. Walking and light jogging is good, but because of the diet, especially on full fast, excessive exercise should be avoided. Any sort of weight lifting aside from very very light toning should be avoided as your body simply isn't taking in enough protein to build proper muscle mass. If a person tries to put on muscle, their body can actually react by breaking down other muscle to compensate and could end up pretty messed up.
It seems entirely possible for Optifast to be comparable to any sort of weight loss surgery. It's entirely possible for a very heavy person to lose 150lbs or so over six months on Optifast. Plus you get to avoid being cut up.
The most important thing to remember is that Optifast, at least from what I've gathered, is for very drastic short term weight loss. After being in the program a person really needs to evaluate their life and adjust their normal eating so the weight doesn't pile back on.
Hope someone finds all this useful. If so, I'll try to post some other info later.
Sorry, but you are 100% inncorrect regarding Slimfast products. Slimfast is not like it was back in the 90's. Its a new product and some of them are better than Optifast shakes. High Protein Slimfast shakes have 20g of protein, 180 calories, 2 carbs, same vitamin and minerals. Regular slimfast has 180 calories, 19 carbs, 10g protein and all the same vit/mineral. Compare that to the 20 carbs and 14g protein in Optifast shake. Read up on the current facts, because everyone is very very wrong about slimfast shakes. I know many including myself who have used slimfast shakes instead of Optifast shakes and lost the same or more as Optifast people. So, please for all others sake...dont act like an expert when you're not one.

Since: Nov 12

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5499
Feb 19, 2013
 
We all need to share information but keep it civil. This is supposed to be about giving each other support, but quite a few posts lately have been argumentative which isn't as helpful with the information that is trying to be shared.

I hit 40 lbs lost last week. The cravings have been significantly worse the last couple weeks, but I think it is stress related. Sadly, I have diverted from the plan for a few meals here and there, mostly since I was in a car accident, the car was totaled out and now we are stressing about getting something to replace it as well as coordinating to makes sure neither of us is stranded. I think stress is definitely one of my problems with food. I have been trying to find what attributed to my weight gain over the years. The other problem with stress is that it aggravates my IBS which makes me want to put a bit extra into my stomach to help calm it some.

Does chewing gum help anyone else with the need to chew? It helps sometimes, but other times, it really doesn't. Drinking extra water seems to help sometimes and not other times, I think I should try to figure out why, any suggestions?

Good work everyone and try to stick to it! Have a great afternoon!
Marye

Boiling Springs, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5500
Feb 19, 2013
 
Iadris wrote:
We all need to share information but keep it civil. This is supposed to be about giving each other support, but quite a few posts lately have been argumentative which isn't as helpful with the information that is trying to be shared.
I hit 40 lbs lost last week. The cravings have been significantly worse the last couple weeks, but I think it is stress related. Sadly, I have diverted from the plan for a few meals here and there, mostly since I was in a car accident, the car was totaled out and now we are stressing about getting something to replace it as well as coordinating to makes sure neither of us is stranded. I think stress is definitely one of my problems with food. I have been trying to find what attributed to my weight gain over the years. The other problem with stress is that it aggravates my IBS which makes me want to put a bit extra into my stomach to help calm it some.
Does chewing gum help anyone else with the need to chew? It helps sometimes, but other times, it really doesn't. Drinking extra water seems to help sometimes and not other times, I think I should try to figure out why, any suggestions?
Good work everyone and try to stick to it! Have a great afternoon!
I agree....let's everyone keep it civil, and remember that this is an OPTIFAST forum to help others through the journey.
:)
40 lbs. lost!!?? That is AWESOME!! What a milestone for you!! Keep up the good work.....you are really rockin' it!!!
Chewing gum helps me with the need to chew, but I have found that as long as it's a minty gum I'm fine. When I start to chew the sweet gums (which I love!), it triggers food cravings. Something to think about to see if it affects you in a similar way. Sometimes I feel like I can control the cravings better with just drinking something instead.
Hot tea has been a lifesaver for me, the warm liquid fills me up better than something cold. I drink tons of it.
Marye

Boiling Springs, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5501
Feb 19, 2013
 
Dee from VA wrote:
Hey Nicky,
The weight loss will probably slow down a little. First week I was down 7.3 lbs, second week 3.9 lbs, third week 3.3 lbs. I just finished my 3rd week and so far I've lost 14.5 pounds. My starting weight was 184.5 lbs and as of my last weigh-in I was 170.0 lbs, I'm 5'2". The key with this program is sticking to it. I rather drink an extra shake or eat an extra bar than take a bite of anything else that's not on the program.
Just set your mind to it that this is what you have to do in order to be successful. I also drink at least 8 cups of water mostly everyday and that helps to keep me full. I've lost 14.5 pounds in 3 weeks with doing little exercise. I will begin to incorporate more exercise after the first month. In the last 3 weeks I've been examining what caused me to gain weight and how I plan on combating this once I'm off Optifast. I believe the break from food is the best time to plan for the future and learn how to change my eating habits. I view it as a total failure if I continue to eat the way I was after Optifast and during Optifast,
For anyone doing this program. Please allow yourself to be successful, don't think because you did good the whole day you are entitled to "cheat" or eat a small bite at the end of the day. The thing that keeps me motivated is going through these last 3 weeks without eating anything off plan. I even added coffee (instant decaf, I don't like coffee) to flavor the drinks and get in 1-2 cups of water while doing so.
Good luck all and stay motivated!!! You will see results.
Congratulations on a wonderful beginning to your journey! You have the perfect mindset to succeed at this....and it is SOOOO worth it!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5502
Feb 20, 2013
 
Thanks for the suggestions Marye. The problem I have with most hot beverage is that they are too bitter. I am a weirdo among my friends and family because I don't like coffee (though it smells great) and most teas are still too bitter (and most herbal teas put me to sleep) and I try to limit the number of artificial sweeteners to like 2 little packets a day, so that limits my tea options. I will look into the effects of different gums on me.
Nicky, good job trying to find your triggers, as this is meant to help you lose weight and change your habits. I know for myself, I hope to be able to maintain the weight loss and control food instead of it controlling me, Optifast makes controlling food easier, but it isn't the answer for long term eating, so I know I need to find my triggers. Something I am working on is stress and boredom. When I am at my desk too long, even if I am busy, I get the munchies, so I have taken to going for a walk around the building when I get to that point (and I get extra calories burned). Keep it up.
Kristine

Tomah, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5503
Feb 20, 2013
 
I'm seriously considering Optifast. I know that any weight loss approach has both positive and negative aspects so can some of you veterans share a few pros and cons with me? Before committing I'd like to know some "realities" of it.

Thank you!

Kristine
Pam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5504
Feb 20, 2013
 
susan wrote:
i am on week 2 and have barely lost a total of 3 lbs. i do not understand .... i weigh 175 and i hope to get to 130. i am so discouraged. i work out 4 days/week ... i am wondering if i exercise too much?
read the posts just ahead of you. Because of the large amount of water intake you may not lose much weight at first. Give it time and good wishes!
Kristine

La Crosse, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5505
Feb 22, 2013
 
Kristine wrote:
I'm seriously considering Optifast. I know that any weight loss approach has both positive and negative aspects so can some of you veterans share a few pros and cons with me? Before committing I'd like to know some "realities" of it.
Thank you!
Kristine
Can anyone share their experience?
I'm nervous that I'll be hungry all the time :( I was able to get one of each of the 7 supplements used in our local Optifast program. I've tried three of them so far and like two of the three. At least I know the products are palatable :)
It's just such a huge commitment so I'd like to hear about "Optifast reality" from others. I know it won't be all roses. It can't be. Nothing is. The more info I get the better informed I'll be in making my decision.
What are your personal pros and cons regarding Optifast?
Thanks much!
Kristine

Since: Nov 12

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5506
Feb 22, 2013
 
Kristine,
Honestly, the hardest thing for me was sticking with it until the hunger pains and headache went away, which was about a week for me. My husband tried it and never got past the hunger pains even on 7 "meals" a day and 2 weeks. Drinking enough water is a big deal, not just beverages, but water. Drinking diet coke and things like that aren't as good for you on this as just drinking water (even if you have to add some Mio or crystal light to some).
Some of the food is more palatable to me than others, but extracts for the shakes and seasoning (nature's, greek, everglades, mrs. dash, etc) for the meals and soups if offered help a bunch since you are likely to get tired of repetition. Also, since all the work involved with making the packets of powder into shakes can get annoying, get some shaker cups (so you don't have to do the blender every time) or order some of the Ready To Drink shakes (I do this because the water where I work I wouldn't want to make shakes out of and they are good for when you travel in the car, I take a cooler everywhere!).
Remember to keep track of how you feel so you can discuss it with the staff. Keep in mind that this is a temporary change that should lead to change in your body but also in your mindset as you recognize your issues with food. I didn't really think I had any until I took away regular food and acknowledged my urges/cravings/etc and their effect on my life.
Lastly, keep going, every time you want to quit (unless it is recommended by the staff), just tell yourself you have to give it another day, week, etc, and stick to it. Cheating only pulls you back up the road you have been going down and won't lead you where you want to go.
Good luck, feel free to ask questions of us and of the staff at your local Optifast program, there is no such thing as a dumb question when it comes to this.
Chris

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5507
Feb 22, 2013
 
The cost? That is going to be a big factor in going on it or not. I just don't have the money now. Help Me.
Sheri

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5508
Feb 22, 2013
 
Chris wrote:
The cost? That is going to be a big factor in going on it or not. I just don't have the money now. Help Me.
The cost I feel isnt to bad. I look at it this way it probably costs about $15-17 a day in optifast and McDonalds cost's about $7 a meal for junk food. Hummm something to think about.
Onward & Upward
Sheri
Marye

Boiling Springs, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5509
Feb 22, 2013
 
Sheri wrote:
<quoted text>
The cost I feel isnt to bad. I look at it this way it probably costs about $15-17 a day in optifast and McDonalds cost's about $7 a meal for junk food. Hummm something to think about.
Onward & Upward
Sheri
not to mention what you save in meds every month!
I have/had diabetes. I was on 2 different meds for that, plus a ton of Tums being eaten because of heartburn.
I now have my diabetes COMPLETELY under control by diet(because of the weight loss through Optifast).
No more diabetes meds and no more Tums.
That's a HUGE medical savings, that keeps on saving..... hopefully forever....'cause I sure don't plan on putting my weight back on!!!!
:)
Dee from VA

Powhatan, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5510
Feb 23, 2013
 
It's not the cheapest program but I actually was spending more money on regular food. Week 4 down, 17 pounds lost. I am at my half way goal :)

Marye thank you. I feel we should all keep each other motivated and ignore the negativity. Keep up the good work.
Marye

Boiling Springs, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5511
Feb 25, 2013
 
full-fast started for me again today.
I found out that a medicine I have been taking since October is the culprit in my weight gain of late.
Somehow this is comforting to me, because I've been beating myself up....even though I KNOW I have been OK calorie-wise.
SOOOO.....onward to the method that I know works (Optifast), so those pounds come back off, and I can continue a normal life (whatever THAT is...LOL!).
I am also weaning myself off of the devil med!!
So far so good with the products today....had a few too many, but no other food passed my lips, so it's all good. Tomorrow starts in earnest with the correct amount.
I CAN DO THIS!!!!! And it is GOOD!!:)

Since: Nov 12

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5512
Feb 26, 2013
 
Chris,
I did the calculations for my mother in law when I was trying to get her to join me on the system, if you only have Optifast shakes (from powder, not the Ready To Drink kind) you can spend as little as $102.25 a week (based on the prices my program gave me, less than 3 bucks a meal, using 5 products a day), if you have some of the Healthwise bars (not as good nutritionally, but if you are taking a multi-vitamin, you are okay for 2 a day) you can get down to $91.25 a week. The average meal out (even at value menu places) is going to be about 5-7 bucks. I was spending well over the $130 (my bill on average for a week RTD and Optifast bars and Healthwise entrees my program offers) per week on what I was eating even preparing some of it at home (though eating out way more than I should due to laziness). Remember that sticking to it 100% will get you off it sooner too.
Marye,
Far better to have too many products than to eat other things. Keep it up, but remember to have an extra one rather than going to bed with extreme hunger. As far as the meds, I couldn't agree more, I have been able to cut down on some of the meds I use to help with my IBS because of the weight-loss.
Dee,
Keep up the good work. I too am about at the 1/2 way point weight-loss wise, I keep telling myself if I could get this much off (42 lbs), I can keep going and get all of it off (aiming for 100).

I myself am suffering cravings like crazy and having problems staying asleep at night which makes me tired and wanting "real" food. I am hoping that getting out of the house to do my work will help me not want to eat everything and going to the gym this morning will help the sleep. Any other suggestions?

Have a great day and keep it up.

Since: Nov 12

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5513
Mar 7, 2013
 
Hello all!

I am not looking forward to my weigh in today as I haven't been very good this week, though I have felt well enough to walk to and from campus a couple times at least. I just hope I haven't gained any, though a 0.4 lb loss would put me at 45 total. I have a wedding to attend this weekend and actually have clothes that fit almost too loosely to wear. Thankfully wedding food is usually not excellent so I can hopefully resist. Getting out of the house seems to help significantly.

Have a great day all.
Jeanette

Tullamarine, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5514
Mar 12, 2013
 
Hi I have been on optifast for 5 days now and have lost 3.6 kg I am very happy with it as I also have a couple of drinks a night lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,281 - 5,300 of5,522
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Top Stories in the Blogosphere Forum right now

Search the Top Stories in the Blogosphere Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
hair cut stories of sikh boys and girls (Sep '09) 54 min Divjot Hersheys Singh 4,175
Why white men hate seeing black men dating asia... (Mar '12) 16 hr Who Dat 3,195
www.copart.com is not a good place to buy a car... (Nov '10) 17 hr tal 340
Gang Stalking Debate Forum! (Jan '10) Tue psych patient 8,365
Essex Solictor "Expert Witness" Scotland Yard B... (Apr '11) Tue Opinionated Bob 9
How factual is the Bible? (Aug '07) Tue capbe07 164
African-American Women are better than Foreign ... (Sep '13) Tue capbe07 8
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••