2 kids escape from darrington academy
babygirl95

Navarre, FL

#170 Nov 27, 2010
THE ONE THAT KNOWS wrote:
one big reason they shut the school down was becuz of john and rich placed cam's in the girls dorms...
I was at Da for almost 2 years,if i knew there were cams in the girls dorms i would be for certain that i would run away from there to
babygirl95

Navarre, FL

#171 Nov 27, 2010
I have to say that i learned a few things from there but not everything.Darrington wasnt the place everyone made it out to be.I mean come on having to count in the bathroom plz we are not 2 years old.Ya we did stupid stuff but good ness there rules were stupid.Us not being able to look at the guys bc im sorry I thaught a few of the guys were hott.The reason they said we could talk to them at all was bc guys were the reason we were in Da in the 1st place.Da was the stupidest place ever im sorry if this hurts peoples feelin or pisses them off BUT HEY THE TRUTH HURTS DONT IT
matt

Pawtucket, RI

#172 Jan 3, 2011
i WAS THERE AND SPECIFICALY REMEMBER TWO KIDS RUNNING I WAS ON UPPER LEVELS AND WAS WATCHING THEM IN INTERVENTION AFTER THEY WERE CAUGHT IF ITS THE SAME TWO. I DID HEAR ABOUT MR.D PUNCHING SOME KIDS TEATH OUT. I WAS NEVER SEXUALY ABUSED BUT THAT PLACE WAS RUN BY A BUNCH OF CRAZY MORMONS AND IT WOULDNT SURPRISE ME IF SOMEONE WAS ABUSED. THERE WERE CERTIAN MEMBERS OF THE STAFF THAT WERE GOOD BUT TOWARDS THE END OF MY 1 1/2 YEAR STAY THINGS STARTED TO FALL APART.
matt

Pawtucket, RI

#173 Jan 3, 2011
I also know that I was rewarded with a steak and shrimp dinner and night of footballat Jhon G. place with three other upper levels for tackleing a runner also he let me ride in his vette but god do I wish my mom had heard this stuff before I went. I have crazy dreams as well about being back in there but they dont really bother me much I am distant from other people to an extent because of the place but I consider myself normal. I do not know if everyone knows about mark epstien he passed away RIP mark. you get close to people when your in situations like that. there were staff members who really did care. Howie could be a prick at times but he was a good guy Steven S. Paul in admin was a great guy he helped me a lot I just do not care and fuck thomas do you remember the old saying"could always be worse man....always be worse. be safe every one if anyone remembers me and is looking to get in contact [email protected] is my email this is Matt Sorgman
survivor_1millio n

Houlton, ME

#174 Jan 16, 2011
worst place ever... I was a level 6 dropped for untrue reasons sent to an affiliated school in jamaica i was beaten many times and watched a girl have a broomstick shoved in her vagina by 3 staff members...worst place ever....i should have taken jail time!!!!!!!!
Former Darrington Student

Bay City, MI

#175 Jan 16, 2011
I went to darrington. I was there 9 months and 2 days. It didn't brainwash me, it was a positive experience and taught me a lot. If you want to call that brainwashing than I guess my brain needed washing from all the drugs and crimes I was doing. But after I left, I was doing good for about a year then went back to old behavior and went to jail on 3 separate occasions for a total of 52 days. So it does not brainwash you. It just teaches you to be accountable for your own actions was the biggest thing. People who haven't been to darrington, stop making assumptions. It sucked going there because it was extremely structured, but overall, it was a positive experience in the long run. Restrainments (when a student was a harm to themselves or others) were at times iffy. That was it's downfall. Nothing extreme, just iffy. There was also no sexual abuse by any of the staff. Stop making assumptions.
ha ha

Blue Ridge, GA

#176 Jan 21, 2011
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically so this seems like this is really Thomas writing this statement in order to try and clear his name of any racial or abuse allegations that were made towards him. I heard complaints that Thomas actually made many boys stand outside on the basketball court in just their boxers while yelling at them!! Please he didnt help at all!
And we all know that thomas restrained more kids than anyone for no reason what so ever just ask shawn s this whole blog is about thomas and phillip looking for cash. yo darrington should apy cory d to shut thomas up
Lee

Smyrna, GA

#177 Jan 26, 2011
Whats nuts Jenna is that even to this day you do not seem to particularly care about our justice. We were objects used in this bullshit marketing scheme. Grow up.
Lee

Smyrna, GA

#178 Jan 26, 2011
Whoever the program parent is, you do not sound like a wise person. As students of Darrington Academy, our rights as citizens, were never up-held. Everything that went on in that facility was unjust, and absurd. You will never truly understand because you have obviously never experienced fear like we have. You sound like an afraid parent who frantically sent there child somewhere to make things easier for yourself. As a good parent, did you research at all? There is no way putting an angry child in an environment like that is asking for more extreme problems when they get out. Resentment is what I feel everyday, so don't you dare try to downplay our emotions of this bullshit. What is your name program parent? I think you should be held accountable for anything you say on here as well.
RMA

Atlanta, GA

#179 Feb 9, 2011
I see the juvenile delinquents are still ranting giving authority a hard time. It will all come back to you.
RMA

Atlanta, GA

#180 Feb 9, 2011
Former Darrington Student wrote:
I went to darrington. I was there 9 months and 2 days. It didn't brainwash me, it was a positive experience and taught me a lot. If you want to call that brainwashing than I guess my brain needed washing from all the drugs and crimes I was doing. But after I left, I was doing good for about a year then went back to old behavior and went to jail on 3 separate occasions for a total of 52 days. So it does not brainwash you. It just teaches you to be accountable for your own actions was the biggest thing. People who haven't been to darrington, stop making assumptions. It sucked going there because it was extremely structured, but overall, it was a positive experience in the long run. Restrainments (when a student was a harm to themselves or others) were at times iffy. That was it's downfall. Nothing extreme, just iffy. There was also no sexual abuse by any of the staff. Stop making assumptions.
My son went to TB and had a positive experience. He still says he loves the people at TB. He never claimed any of these things like sexual abuse, torture,etc. He knows he was his own worst enemy. But after he got out he did go back to some old behaviors and has been arrested twice. He is currently in a half-way house on the right track.
the way these teens keep defying authority, our only choices to protect ourselves and this society is to try all teens as adults when they commit crimes. Enough of the blame on the parents.
been there done that

Powder Springs, GA

#181 Feb 17, 2011
Big on Authority, aren't you RMA? "These teens" are simply destroying society, aren't they? YOU created that teen. YOU taught him the life skills that have landed him his posiition in the half-way house. Juvenile delinquents (which I once was) do not fall out of the sky. We are created by parents like you with your interesting ideas on "Authority". I bet your idea of authority was to crush your son's spirit from birth. Maybe, instead of trying all teens as adults, we should start trying parents WITH the teens. I am a mental health professional working on my doctorate BECAUSE I am a program graduate. Not because the program helped - it nearly destroyed me - but because I have committed my life to another way of helping people like me who had parents like you. The proof is in the pudding, you yourself said your son went back to his old ways after leaving the program. If you think an institutional setting like the type promoted in WWASP is what will save your teen - just go ahead and send them to prison. It's just as regimented, almost as psychologically damaging, and it's free!
kaila -i ran too

Brooklyn, NY

#182 Feb 18, 2011
its all about the money. these parents dish out thousands of dollars every month to keeps their teens in institutions that dont help solve any problems. it just justifies the parents' need of approval and further damages relationships between parents and teens.
parents fail to realize that the world is a different place than when they were in their teens. sending your child away and not speaking to him/her/them for months or years has no positive impact.
my mother expected me to come back "fixed" but i wasnt broken in the first place. i wasnt on drugs. i was never arrested. i was a B+ student. i've never been pregnant. i was gay and i ran away because i was abused by her husband.
my mom had issues. my dad had issues. and i was stuck in the middle. so instead of them being adults and going to therapy and working out their problems, WWASP told them i was the problem.
i have my life together. happily living with my girlfriend, working full time and i'm going to off to college in fall. i'm 19. i went into the program at 14 and came out 15 months later when i was 15. and i can say it didnt help. i have had no relationship with my family since i was 14.
to all you program parents....god bless you and i hope you get the help YOU need.
to all the people in programs and those who survived "the program" keep your heads up. its not your fault and there isnt anything wrong with you.
Zeke Rodriguez

Clearwater Beach, FL

#183 Mar 3, 2011
Sooo seeing as the subject has been probably dropped by now i was the one to tell my therapist about the abuse and eventually led to the CPS investigations and the closing down and transfer of all of us to Red River Academy. Yeah they whooped my ass and i can't say it wasn't well deserved but then again you can't just beat up 15 year olds no matter how frustrating the matter i am not going to testify against Richard Darrington in criminal court but will show up in civil to make sure that some amount of financial justice is done for my mother's wasted tuition.
crystal

Royal Oak, MI

#184 Mar 10, 2011
Darrington was horrible.. I was an orginal darrington girl. They wouldnt even tell me about my own health issues... April is a great person whom i love to death.. The only horrible ones was dace, darrington.. ive seen them first hand put there hands on people including me when i refused to go in there. I was told that they were my family now.. Hows that for a great teen program.. Haha darrington survivors.. Yall just went along with the program to get out...
Lee ann

Orange, CT

#185 Mar 11, 2011
Humm wrote:
Can you blame them if they were being sexually abused?
How do you know this is the REASON?
Lee ann

Orange, CT

#186 Mar 11, 2011
kaila -i ran too wrote:
its all about the money. these parents dish out thousands of dollars every month to keeps their teens in institutions that dont help solve any problems. it just justifies the parents' need of approval and further damages relationships between parents and teens.
parents fail to realize that the world is a different place than when they were in their teens. sending your child away and not speaking to him/her/them for months or years has no positive impact.
my mother expected me to come back "fixed" but i wasnt broken in the first place. i wasnt on drugs. i was never arrested. i was a B+ student. i've never been pregnant. i was gay and i ran away because i was abused by her husband.
my mom had issues. my dad had issues. and i was stuck in the middle. so instead of them being adults and going to therapy and working out their problems, WWASP told them i was the problem.
i have my life together. happily living with my girlfriend, working full time and i'm going to off to college in fall. i'm 19. i went into the program at 14 and came out 15 months later when i was 15. and i can say it didnt help. i have had no relationship with my family since i was 14.
to all you program parents....god bless you and i hope you get the help YOU need.
to all the people in programs and those who survived "the program" keep your heads up. its not your fault and there isnt anything wrong with you.
you young man, should be very proud of yourself........ Just know; you WILL have a full and happy life. When it comes time to be a dad, you will be the best... God bless you.
Lee ann

Orange, CT

#187 Mar 11, 2011
The more i read, the worse this place sounds....... So sorry. Why do not parents listen to the warnings?
choices

Gainesville, GA

#189 Mar 29, 2011
Some parents like my self had no other place to turn my son had overdosed twice, spent 12 day in jail and still did not care or want to stop. I had taken away all his freedom and went to school and sat in his classes and he still was getting high and out of control. My son was there for 8 months and to this day I believe he would be dead if he had not gone. He has finished high school started college and works a full time job. Something turned him around and if it was DA then I thank them.
Lee ann

United States

#190 Mar 29, 2011
choices wrote:
Some parents like my self had no other place to turn my son had overdosed twice, spent 12 day in jail and still did not care or want to stop. I had taken away all his freedom and went to school and sat in his classes and he still was getting high and out of control. My son was there for 8 months and to this day I believe he would be dead if he had not gone. He has finished high school started college and works a full time job. Something turned him around and if it was DA then I thank them.
god bless you and your son.. You had to go through hell and if i sounded like i was judgmental in any way; i am so sorry. We had a son that was out of control to, but with luck and prayers he is safe today.. You know parents that have good kids are just very lucky, has VERY little how they are raised, I am sure you did everything right and loved your child with all your heart, you just got a hard child, but looks like you turn this all around. good for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories in the Blogosphere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll are white people gods chosen people? (Dec '08) 9 hr UnderstandPeople 593
Promote Your Youtube Vlogs and Videos Here!!! (Jul '11) Wed rekin4561 251
Why are white men so attracted to asian women? (Jul '08) Jul 26 Anon 21,747
Why do white women marry Arabs? (Jun '09) Jul 26 salim 107
The Mexican mafia is pushing their families way... (Nov '07) Jul 23 Kayla Sandre 165
find your biological parents (Jan '10) Jul 19 Lynn Assimacopoulos 5
Sikh kids who want haircut (May '11) Jul 19 Guy with Common s... 30
www.copart.com is not a good place to buy a car... (Nov '10) Jun '16 Larry 450
More from around the web