Greece: Archaeologists Discover Wall ...

Greece: Archaeologists Discover Wall of Ancient City of Vergina

There are 94 comments on the www.balkantravellers.com story from Dec 1, 2009, titled Greece: Archaeologists Discover Wall of Ancient City of Vergina. In it, www.balkantravellers.com reports that:

An exceptional fortification structure surrounding the ancient city of Vergina, located in northern Greece, was recently discovered by archaeologists from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.balkantravellers.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
greek

Thessaloníki, Greece

#87 Oct 29, 2011
I am Thessalonikian, so Macedonian, so Greek!

Since: Sep 09

ISTANBUL

#88 Oct 29, 2011
Bronzilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey GORAN !!!
who was Osman Hamdi Bey ?
He was my Grand grand mothers brother.Very famous Turkish painter.
I paint like him...
hey Greek,
Who was Koskotas?
hahahaha
Bronzilla

Greece

#89 Oct 29, 2011
OguzTolga wrote:
<quoted text>
He was my Grand grand mothers brother.Very famous Turkish painter.
I paint like him...
hey Greek,
Who was Koskotas?
hahahaha
xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa

YOU NO GREEK GORAN

you slav !!!!!!

xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa
Telemachus

Footscray, Australia

#92 Oct 29, 2011
OguzTolga wrote:
<quoted text>
My Grand Grand father..who fcukked all the Greeks in 1897:)))
http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dosya:Edhem_Pash...
Really?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
He killed 15 thousand Turks in Tripolitsa.

TAKES TIME FOR REVENGE BUT WHEN IT COMES,FIND A PLACE TO HIDE.

Kolokotronis says in his memoirs:[23]

"Inside the town they had begun to massacre.... I rushed to the palace ... "If you wish to hurt these Albanians," I cried, "kill me rather; for, while I am a living man, whoever first makes the attempt, him will I kill the first." ... I was faithful to my word of honor ... Tripolitsa was three miles in circumference. The [Greek] host which entered it, cut down and were slaying men, women, and children from Friday till Sunday. Thirty-two thousand were reported to have been slain. One Hydriote [boasted that he had] killed ninety. About a hundred Greeks were killed; but the end came [thus]: a proclamation was issued that the slaughter must cease.... When I entered Tripolitsa, they showed me a plane tree in the market-place where the Greeks had always been hung. I sighed. "Alas!" I said, "how many of my own clan — of my own race — have been hung there!" And I ordered it to be cut down. I felt some consolation then from the slaughter of the Turks....[Before the fall] we had formed a plan of proposing to the Turks that they should deliver Tripolitsa into our hands, and that we should, in that case, send persons into it to gather the spoils together, which were then to be apportioned and divided among the different districts for the benefit of the nation; but who would listen?"

There were about one hundred European officers present[citation needed] at the scenes of atrocities and looting committed in Tripolitsa, Friday to Sunday. Based on eyewitness accounts and descriptions provided by these officers, William St. Clair wrote:

"Upwards of ten thousand Turks were put to death. Prisoners who were suspected of having concealed their money were tortured. Their arms and legs were cut off and they were slowly roasted over fires. Pregnant women were cut open, their heads cut off, and dogs' heads stuck between their legs. From Friday to Sunday the air was filled with the sound of screams... One Greek boasted that he personally killed ninety people. The Jewish colony was systematically tortured... For weeks afterwards starving Turkish children running helplessly about the ruins were being cut down and shot at by exultant Greeks... The wells were poisoned by the bodies that had been thrown in..."[3]

"The Turks of Greece left few traces. They disappeared suddenly and finally in the spring of 1821 unmourned and unnoticed by the rest of the world....It was hard to believe then that Greece once contained a large population of Turkish descent, living in small communities all over the country, prosperous farmers, merchants, and officials, whose families had known no other home for hundreds of years...They were killed deliberately, without qualm or scruple, and there was no regrets either then or later."[24]

The massacre at Tripolitsa was the final and largest in a sequence of massacres against Muslims in the Peloponnese during the first months of the revolt. Historians estimate that upwards of twenty thousand Muslim men, women and children were killed during this time, often with the exhortation of the local clergy.

PS:Whatever you sow that's what you reap.

ISTANBUL

#93 Oct 30, 2011
Telemachus wrote:
<quoted text>Really?at they should deliver Tripolitsa into our hands, and that we should, in that case, send persons into it to gather the spoils together, which were then to be apportioned and divided among the different districts for the benefit of the nation; but who would listen?"
There were about one hundred European officers present[citation needed] at the scenes of atrocities and looting committed in Tripolitsa, Friday to Sunday. Based on eyewitness accounts and descriptions provided by these officers, William St. Clair wrote:
"Upwards of ten thousand Turks were put to death. Prisoners who were suspected of having concealed their money were tortured. Their arms and legs were cut off and they were slowly roasted over fires. Pregnant women were cut open, their heads cut off, and dogs' heads stuck between their legs. From Friday to Sunday the air was filled with the sound of screams... One Greek boasted that he personally killed ninety people. The Jewish colony was systematically tortured... For weeks afterwards starving Turkish children running helplessly about the ruins were being cut down and shot at by exultant Greeks... The wells were poisoned by the bodies that had been thrown in..."[3]
"The Turks of Greece left few traces. They disappeared suddenly and finally in the spring of 1821 unmourned and unnoticed by the rest of the world....It was hard to believe then that Greece once contained a large population of Turkish descent, living in small communities all over the country, prosperous farmers, merchants, and officials, whose families had known no other home for hundreds of years...They were killed deliberately, without qualm or scruple, and there was no regrets either then or later."[24]
The massacre at Tripolitsa was the final and largest in a sequence of massacres against Muslims in the Peloponnese during the first months of the revolt. Historians estimate that upwards of twenty thousand Muslim men, women and children were killed during this time, often with the exhortation of the local clergy.
PS:Whatever you sow that's what you reap.
Ancient Greeks have been killed and vanished by the Romans during their invation to balkans in 146AD and distruct Korint totaly..

After 6.th century AD Slavs,Albanians and Vlaches came down from Northern Europe“

Slavs stayed on ; Makedonya, Epir, Thesalya, Roumalia(Therace)

Albanians; Athens Korint, Mani Thesalya, Aegean isles

Vlaches; Thesalya, Roumelia, 7 isles and Aegean isles
Greece has never been a STATE in her history.Even in Ancient times there were no united cities but City States.Athenians,Spartans(incl uding 300Liars hahaha)Korintians,Argosus,Tebi ans were the tribes who were living on those lands and in a war-position all the times against themselves.
Later;Roman armies came and invaded .They have been a province of east roman empire for a long time.

This province have been invaded by the Slavs and other powers from north and and south and east.

In 1204 latin Crusaders devided intp pieces the provinces from the East Roman Empire(there was no Byzantine WORD until 1556 book of Hiorenimus Wolf,german historian)

Those pieces have been ruled by the feodalist dukes and earls for some times.

Then the mighty,always victorious,sacred and master Turks came....

ISTANBUL

#94 Oct 30, 2011
In fact,Greeks do not like to be called Greeks,they prefer Hellens..

The Greeks in the Ottoman times have never felt themselves as Greeks.But Orthodox Chrisitians.It was more than nationality but religional feeling.They used to identifythemselves"" orthodox""not Greeks or hellens..Agreek meant an orthodox not more than that..

ISTANBUL

#95 Oct 30, 2011
Ancient Greeks have been killed and vanished by the Romans during their invation to balkans in 146AD and distruct Korint totaly..

After 6.th century AD Slavs,Albanians and Vlaches came down from Northern Europe“

Slavs stayed on ; Makedonya, Epir, Thesalya, Roumalia(Therace)

Albanians; Athens Korint, Mani Thesalya, Aegean isles

Vlaches; Thesalya, Roumelia, 7 isles and Aegean isles
Greece has never been a STATE in her history.Even in Ancient times there were no united cities but City States.Athenians,Spartans(incl uding 300Liars hahaha)Korintians,Argosus,Tebi ans were the tribes who were living on those lands and in a war-position all the times against themselves.
Later;Roman armies came and invaded .They have been a province of east roman empire for a long time.

This province have been invaded by the Slavs and other powers from north and and south and east.

In 1204 latin Crusaders devided intp pieces the provinces from the East Roman Empire(there was no Byzantine WORD until 1556 book of Hiorenimus Wolf,german historian)

Those pieces have been ruled by the feodalist dukes and earls for some times.

Then the mighty,always victorious,sacred and master Turks came....

In fact,Greeks do not like to be called Greeks,they prefer Hellens..

The Greeks in the Ottoman times have never felt themselves as Greeks.

But Orthodox Chrisitians.It was more than nationality but religional feeling.

They used to identifythemselves"" orthodox""not Greeks or hellens..

A greek meant an orthodox not more than that..
Telemachus

Footscray, Australia

#96 Oct 30, 2011
OguzTolga wrote:
explain this then smart man!
Can you?
IF THERE WERE NOT ANY GREEKS LEFT,THEN HOW COME,Sultan Mehmet IV PREFERRED GREEK BOYS?
The full strength of the Janissary troops varied from maybe 100 to more than 200,000. According to David Nicolle, the number of Janissaries in the 14th century was 1,000, and estimated to be 6,000 in 1475, whereas the same source estimates 40,000 as the number of Timariot, the provincial soldiers. After the defeat in 1699, the number was reduced, but it was increased in the 18th century to 113,400 soldiers according to Ottoman, but most were not actual soldiers and were accepted into the army through corrupt means and were only taking salary.[citation needed]

READ THIS
The Ottoman empire used Janissaries in all its major campaigns, including the 1453 capture of Constantinople, the defeat of the Egyptian Mamluks and wars against Hungary and Austria. Janissary troops were always led to the battle by the Sultan himself, and always had a share of the booty.

Janissaries&#146; reputation increased to the point that by 1683, Sultan Mehmet IV abolished the devshirmeh as increasing numbers of originally Muslim Turkish families had already enrolled their own sons into the force hoping for a lucrative career. Every governor wanted to have his own Janissary troops.

READ THIS
Christian Balkan boys, taken at birth at first at random, later, by strict selection to be trained. Initially they favoured GREEKS, ARMENIANS, ALBANIANS,UKRANIANS,SOUTH RUSSIANS,SERBIANS,BULGARIANS,( IT DOESN'T MENTION MACEDONIANS WHY?)(who also supplied many gendarmes), and Bulgarians, usually selecting about one boy from forty houses, but the numbers could be changed to correspond with the need for soldiers. Boys aged 14-18 were preferred, though ages 8-20 could be taken. GREEKS FORMED THE THE LARGEST PART OF JANISSARY UNITS.

http://turkishmurderers.com/janissaries.html

CONCLUSION.
ALL THE VICTORIES THAT TURKS ACHEIVED THEY HAVE DONE IT NOT WITH ASIANS TURKS AS SUCH BUT WITH CHRISTIAN BOYS,AND MOS OF THEM GREEKS.
The full strength of the Janissary troops varied from maybe 100 to more than 200,000.
READ THIS SMART ASS!!
The Ottoman empire used Janissaries in all its major campaigns, including the 1453 capture of Constantinople,

PS:SO ALL YOU VICTORIES YOU OWN THEM TO GREEKS MOST,THAT HAVE BECOME JANISSARIES,AND ALL THE REST OF THE CHRISTIAN BOYS,FROM BALKANS.
VLAKA YOU WANT DO EXTINCT US BUT YOU CAN'T.
ARE BETS ANYTHING YOU WANT THAT MOST OF THE POPULATION IN TURKEY HAVE GREEK AND BALKANS ROOTS.
GO AND LEARN THE GREEK HISTORY.
HERE ARE SOME FREE LESSONS FOR YOU.
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

ISTANBUL

#97 Oct 30, 2011
they were not greeks in Sultan Mehmed's times.They were orthodoxus from balkans..
Turks never call Greeks,they call them Rum,Romaoi...
Filotimo lives guieded Greeks into disasters..
See the reality this time and work WORK..Do you know what is working not begginng?

hahah
Telemachus

Footscray, Australia

#98 Oct 30, 2011
OguzTolga wrote:
they were not greeks in Sultan Mehmed's times.They were orthodoxus from balkans..
See the reality this time and work WORK..Do you know what is working not begginng?
hahah
Why don't you answer my question above!!
Telemachus

Footscray, Australia

#100 Oct 30, 2011
OguzTolga wrote:
hahah
200.000 thousand of Christian boys,and most of them were Greeks,do you know how to read?.Unless you want to write your own history Mamulk.
All the Turkish victories INCLUDING CONSTANTINOPLE SIEGE won by Christian boys from BALKANS,AND NO ONE OF THEM WERE TURKS.
ARE YOUR SURE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM?
PS:I AM VERY SORRY FOR ALL THOSE YOUNG GREEK BOYS,AND THE OTHER CHRISTIAN BOYS,THAT YOU TURNED THEM AGAINST THEIR OWN FAMILIES,BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
PS:TELL ME SMART MAN,WHY DID THIS MAN WANTED TO CHOOSE EUROPEANS TO FIGHT HIS BATTLES?DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH BRAVE AND REAL TURKS "LIKE YOU"FOR EXAMPLE TO FIGHT HIS BATTLES?
SECOND QUESTION.
WHY Sultan Mehmet PREFERRED GREEKS TO START WITH?
READ THIS,AND DON'T PRETEND YOU CAN'T READ OK?
Sultan Mehmet I Initially they FAVOURED GREEKS, Armenians, Albanians (who also supplied many gendarmes), and Bulgarians, usually selecting about one boy from forty houses, but the numbers could be changed to correspond with the need for soldiers. Boys aged 14-18 were preferred, though ages 8-20 could be taken. GREEKS formed the LARGEST PART of the Janissary units.
THOUSANDS OF THEM THEY BECAME ISLAMIC TURKS,AND TODAY AFTER SO MANY YEARS THEY MADE UP,TURKISH POPULATION.
ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM?
MAY BE A GREEK,OR ARMENIAN,ALBANIAN,RUSSIAN,OR EVEN UKRAINIAN,OR SERBIAN,OR BOSIAN.
WHO KNOWS?POOR KIDS WE LOST THEM FOREVER!!2000.000 THOUSANDS OF THEM AND 60% WERE GREEK BOYS.
READ THAT LINK.

ISTANBUL

#101 Oct 30, 2011
Telemachus wrote:
<quoted text>200.000 thousand of Christian boys,and most of them were Greeks,do you know how to read?.Unless you want to write your own history Mamulk.
All the Turkish victories INCLUDING CONSTANTINOPLE SIEGE won by Christian boys from BALKANS,AND NO ONE OF THEM WERE TURKS.
ARE YOUR SURE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM?
PS:I AM VERY SORRY FOR ALL THOSE YOUNG GREEK BOYS,AND THE OTHER CHRISTIAN BOYS,THAT YOU TURNED THEM AGAINST THEIR OWN FAMILIES,BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
PS:TELL ME SMART MAN,WHY DID THIS MAN WANTED TO CHOOSE EUROPEANS TO FIGHT HIS BATTLES?DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH BRAVE AND REAL TURKS "LIKE YOU"FOR EXAMPLE TO FIGHT HIS BATTLES?
SECOND QUESTION.
WHY Sultan Mehmet PREFERRED GREEKS TO START WITH?
READ THIS,AND DON'T PRETEND YOU CAN'T READ OK?
Sultan Mehmet I Initially they FAVOURED GREEKS, Armenians, Albanians (who also supplied many gendarmes), and Bulgarians, usually selecting about one boy from forty houses, but the numbers could be changed to correspond with the need for soldiers. Boys aged 14-18 were preferred, though ages 8-20 could be taken. GREEKS formed the LARGEST PART of the Janissary units.
THOUSANDS OF THEM THEY BECAME ISLAMIC TURKS,AND TODAY AFTER SO MANY YEARS THEY MADE UP,TURKISH POPULATION.
ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM?
MAY BE A GREEK,OR ARMENIAN,ALBANIAN,RUSSIAN,OR EVEN UKRAINIAN,OR SERBIAN,OR BOSIAN.
WHO KNOWS?POOR KIDS WE LOST THEM FOREVER!!2000.000 THOUSANDS OF THEM AND 60% WERE GREEK BOYS.
READ THAT LINK.
So what?
Show me anything from ancient Greek(!)which has ""Greek""o n it,show me
Telemachus

Footscray, Australia

#103 Oct 30, 2011
OguzTolga wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
DID YOU SAID THAT?
"Show me anything from ancient Greek(!)which has ""Greek""o n it,show"
ENJOY,AND STOP TRY TO BE SMART WITH ME!!!
&fe ature=related

PS:POVE TO ME THAT YOU ARE A TURK,AND NOT ONE OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS GREEKS AND OTHER BALKANS BOYS.
Telemachus

Footscray, Australia

#104 Oct 30, 2011
OguzTolga wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
HERE ANOTHER ONE.
&fe ature=related

PS:YOU SHOW ME A TURKISH ANCIENT COINS,TRY IF YOU CAN!
THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT TURKISH TODAY IN TURKEY,JUST THE NAME,NOTHING ELSE THE REST IS FABRICATED AND HIDES UNDER THE NAME TURKEY,LIKE THE SKOPIANS,THEY TRY TI HIDE THEIR SLAVIC ORIGIN'S UNDER THE NAME "MACEDONIA"
FAKE FYROM
http://history-of-macedonia.com/wordpress/200...
AND THIS IS THE REAL MACEDON.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
BINGO TOURKALAKI EX BALKAN JANISSARY BOY.

***MAKE SURE TO DIGEST ALL THESE AND DO NOT COME BACK AND TELL ME THE SHIT OF YOURS OK?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sofia, Bulgaria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing help for my accounting website Aug '16 MBerova 1
BULGAROMONGOLS==>>THE SAME FATE lS AWAITING FOR... (Mar '16) Apr '16 rng_2211 2
BULGARlA=>>MUST SIDE WITH GREECE&RUSSIA! (Dec '15) Feb '16 BALKANIC FRONT 4
News Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary recognise Kosovo (Mar '08) Feb '16 Srpski Radikali 6,677
BULGAROMONGOLS==>>THESSALONIKI GREEK ClTY! (Nov '15) Nov '15 MAKEDONOMAXOS 1
News Bulgarian church joins calls for cancellation o... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Zeppelin 1
News Recalling the fate of Bulgaria's Turkish minority (Jan '15) Apr '15 Bleda 3
More from around the web