Divided Europe Discusses Deeper Integration at Summit

Jun 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Epoch Times

Germany Chancellor Angela Merkel speaks with Italian counterpart Mario Monti , as European Council President Herman Van Rompuy looks on, during the opening session of the Meeting of the European Council on June 28, in Brussels, Belgium.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2013

“Progressive liberal politic”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

EU need economy-political-defense union and need enlargement.
Fear

Auburn, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Certainly current EU needs to save its "economy-political-defens e union" in order to survive in present conditions of heavy crisis. But unfortunately not all regions in our European countries understand it quite well. On the contrary! For instance, present Eurozone debt crisis has only whipped up emotions of our Flamish separatists towards creation of Flanders' independent state. They would wish to administer all their resources, depending only on themselves! And they are not alone in their ambitions here. The same tendency exists in current Spain (Catalonia), Germany (Bavaria), Italy (South Tyrol) and many other countries of the EU. Now it bears the name "separatism of rich regions"! Thus, this is not a time for EU enlargement. It is better to think of saving the EU present status!
Blond

Poltava, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Neobyzantine wrote:
"EU need economy-political-defense union and need enlargement.
Do you mean the EU needs enlargement for account of such Muslim countries, as Turkey, for instance?! Do all ones want to commit suicide?? Watch! Europe already suffers from Muslim invasion now. And only strengthening of EU economy-political-defense union can be the way of European nations' survival now!
MrCurious

Oberhausen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

@Fear: I agree. Before we do enlargement politics we should at firt implement stable inner european financial politics. Stability is the much more important topic we have to discuss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brussels, Belgium Discussions

Search the Brussels, Belgium Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
US, EU preparing new sanctions against Russia Jul 29 Putinko 2
Jewish museum shooting suspect captured Jun '14 rio 20
EU aid must be real Jun '14 Mykyta 1
G7 leaders warn Moscow Jun '14 DISGUSTING FASCIST RUSSIA 4
UK politician who called homosexuality "viscera... Jun '14 The Pig Goes 9
Brussels Fights Against Anti-Semitism May '14 bubbah 1
Hillary Clinton Hasn't Decided Yet On 2016, But... May '14 flying lead 1
•••
•••