LeBron Uses Newspaper Ad to Thank Akr...

LeBron Uses Newspaper Ad to Thank Akron, Not Cleveland

There are 232 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Aug 3, 2010, titled LeBron Uses Newspaper Ad to Thank Akron, Not Cleveland. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

LeBron James placed a full-page advertisement in Tuesday's Akron Beacon-Journal to thank his "family, friends and fans in Akron," while making no mention of Cleveland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Your Mama

Ashtabula, OH

#1 Aug 3, 2010
Kiss my grits Lebron"

Cleveland fans made you".

I hope you get a big boo boo that sets your arrogant butt out for the season".

You are showing your true colors now".

And its no rainbow !!!!!!!!!!
mrs Jones

United States

#2 Aug 3, 2010
I agree with your mama, LeQuit Lames is a childish self centered arrogant bastard, maybe those Lames were he's from "Akron" may not have hard feeling about the lame leaving. But us true CLEVELAND fans are still pissed at the way he left. If the lame cornball wanted to leave there were plenty if better ways of going about it than his "Decision" I hope him and his decision ride the bench and get no ring or championship .....
kathie

Wadsworth, OH

#3 Aug 3, 2010
You're just copying Z--he has class. The arrogance continues....
Marcus

Avon Lake, OH

#4 Aug 3, 2010
Ah, Lebum probably hasn't learned to spell Cleveland. Akron he can spell but Cleveland has too many letters. St.Vincent St. Mary is a wonderful high school. Unfortunately seems that education was wasted on Lebron.
pat

Lorain, OH

#5 Aug 3, 2010
he's writing this because he is comming to Akron fot that bike a thon

Canton, OH

#6 Aug 3, 2010
mr james is a good person and has done so much for the community. anyone has the right to move on and have a change of scenery. he could not get to his destination alone. without him the cavs would not have been as successful. its time you fair weather friends move on as well. he was the greatest player when things were going your way. now that he has moved on hes a no good sob........please.
observationdude

United States

#7 Aug 3, 2010
Yeah, Z did this first and LeBron felt obligated to look good.
He really is a ghetto slime ball.
queeniez71

Cleveland, OH

#8 Aug 3, 2010
Amazing truely amazing how he just continues to put his foot in his mouth. I am sure the fans of Akron are drooling all over this sad classless attempt by LeChoke to kiss their collective butts. He waits until after Z puts a letter in the paper to put one in himself. Too little too late. Possibly should have done this before that LeChokeathon on ESPN better yet should have written the letter INSTEAD of going on tv. And leaving Cleveland out of the letter is even worse as Cleveland fans are what made him. If he really loved Akron sooooo much he would have put that in the paper instead of what he did on the tv but of course there will be those in Akron who won't see this as the sorry attempt it is to be welcomed home and will think he seriously meant the words in the newspaper.
ceela

Willoughby, OH

#9 Aug 3, 2010
Give it a rest, Lebron. You are out of the spotlight now, and probably will never be again like you were in Cleveland. I am glad our city has moved on.
Colin

Canton, OH

#10 Aug 3, 2010
Stop writing about it.
observationdude

United States

#11 Aug 3, 2010
St. Vincent St. Mary should be so proud of their athlete who can't speak.
"I talked to my momma after I dreamed last night, I'm takin my talents to
SOUFFFF Beach." "Lots of people been axing me and I gotta do what I gotta do." St. Vincent--Ebonics class 101. Not married, kids born out of wedlock. Yeah, good catholic school, good catholic education. He didn't learn ethics in high school, that's FO SHO.
not amused

United States

#12 Aug 3, 2010
"It is not known if the snub..... was intentional".
REALLY ?
Melissa

Lorain, OH

#13 Aug 3, 2010
First things first, I have been a CAVS fan for a LONG time, I was before LeBron, and still am now that he is gone. However I, like so many people of Cleveland, Akron, and Ohio for that matter, were crushed by the way he totally disrespected us in the way that he left. Yes everyone has the right to move where they want, but someone who is a role model, someone who is looked up to by so many people, should have the respect and dignity to do it in a mature, decent way. Maybe LeBron is a good person, but he sure has not shown it in the past couple of months. He stated he's the same person as he always has been, maybe we just did not really know him and we were all shocked when his true colors shown through. He was everything the Cleveland basketball fans. Its ashame how he just flushed us away like a piece of dirty toliet paper. He sucks.
max

Medina, OH

#14 Aug 3, 2010
I guess he didn't see the billboard on Route 18 yet.

It says "Welcome Home LeBron," with big red 'X' over home. The second line asks: "How does it feel to be a sidekick?," with sidekick is underlined in red. It ends with "Go Cleveland!".

Apparently plenty of people in Akron disdain him just as much as Cleveland does.
Ron Ciancutti

Cleveland, OH

#15 Aug 3, 2010
Oh LeBron - How could a young man that was doing it so right for so long suddenly make so many consecutive and monumental errors? Son, as corny as it sounds - with great power comes great responsibility -and you have completely lost touch with that. I saw it in your eyes when you hoisted your MVP award in the air at center court the night you were given the award. The flash of wanting more was all over your face and clearly what you were getting from Cleveland wasn't enough. Yet 24 hours earlier in Akron you were telling your sons, from the podium, about how you would always be sure to conduct yourself so they would be proud to carry your name. Man, you had me fooled, I told my sons "there is an example of a quality young man." Then tell me "Bron, how did this mess unravel? When Mr. Riley poured a sack of gold rings on the table, like a con-man carny, to entice you to Miami it should have been your first clue. There came into Egypt a Pharoh who did not know... In all truth Mr. Riley, while you are being lauded for pulling off the biggest coup in sports history you should be ashamed for not advising this young man about what real men are made of - that his career would one day end but his legacy would require a lifetime of good decisions. No - you flashed something shiny and lured the fish to the hook. Like all the other leeches that surround a star - you got your piece - and left tragedy in your wake. This whole thing is a travesty and years from now when LeBron is frantically distancing himself from people like Maverick and various other "posse members" one problem will remain - it's too darn late to do anything about it. Enjoy your rings kid, they may be all you have left in the end.
WHYNOT

Lakewood, OH

#16 Aug 3, 2010
guest wrote:
mr james is a good person and has done so much for the community. anyone has the right to move on and have a change of scenery. he could not get to his destination alone. without him the cavs would not have been as successful. its time you fair weather friends move on as well. he was the greatest player when things were going your way. now that he has moved on hes a no good sob........please.
Hey Guest,

No one is saying that Lebron had to stay in Cleveland and obviously you have been in a hole some where through all of this. Time and time again everyone continues to let people know it is NOT THAT HE LEFT but it is HOW HE CHOSE TO LEAVE. Akron people can say what they want but the bottome line here is that the CLEVELAND CAVALIERS not the AKRON CAVALIERS gave him his first shot at the pros. In the end they should have forced him to get educated because he truly is not well represented. He cannot speak for himself without letting the uneducated side do it for him. But hey I guess when you can do something with a ball be it basketball, football, or baseball scouts do not care that what they are getting is uneducated, when in fact they should so that they are ready for the true phases of their lives which exists beyond the sport. Now remember the saying do not bite the hand that feeds you and that is what Lebron did and he did it in a very tacky way. He could have called Dan Gilbert and told him long ago he wasn't coming back, he could have save the embarassment to Cleveland and the fans and just simply say on our news network I am moving on even though he said it loud and clear over and over I will not leave Cleveland before I bring a Championship. So you see guest you need to shut up and leave the fans alone we have a right to be angry at what he did to us that he even ensured that there would be no free agents left once he did what he did.

Lebron is less than a class act and Akron can keep that big dummy all to themselves. I am not a basketball actually I can't stand the sport but I am a true Cleveland Fan and so if it means rooting for the Cavaliers then so be it but, while I cannot even imagine what a true basketball fan has felt from Lebron I do know that he made everyone look like an idiot, but the biggest IDIOTS of all are his entourage of dummies and then the King of Dummies Lebron. Say what you will he has no class and he will never be anything more than a follower and guess what most intellectual people want to be leaders. So he left he couldn't handle the what was in front of him so he took the easy way out. It will not matter how many rings he gets it will always be on the coat tail of another great superstar. Wonder what they will call him in Miami since it was Cleveland that called him the King maybe they will take on the Queen oh wait that would mean equal more like Princess James.
John Rethage

Mentor, OH

#17 Aug 3, 2010
Can we forget about this freak and focus on Jobs, Affordable Housing, Crime, Education, Security and our own lives! Thanks
true cleveland fan

United States

#18 Aug 3, 2010
Its no surprise to me that he did mention cleveland cuz he knows he dicked cleveland over by not letting dan gilbert and the whole city know where he was goin he knows hes not welcomed in cleveland or any where in ohio besides akron,i dont care he moved on its just a shame such a talented athlete can turn his back on an organization the way he did if he wanted out then say im leaving
Rozzie

Youngstown, OH

#19 Aug 3, 2010
I think that you should not report anything else about LeBron because it is like rubbing salt into an old womb, why give hime any publicity here in Cleveland. We made him he did not make us. We have always been on the map and will continue to be. For get him he's History and forgotten.
clevelandiscolda ndgray

Miami, FL

#20 Aug 3, 2010
ceela wrote:
Give it a rest, Lebron. You are out of the spotlight now, and probably will never be again like you were in Cleveland. I am glad our city has moved on.

Moved on? LOL! Your city is in a downward spiral that it will never recover from. It's cold, ugly, boring and did I mention cold? Your women are ugly too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James dominates in Cleveland return (Dec '10) Dec '10 Dan Gilbert Bite Me 1
News LeBron James expects 'emotional' return to Clev... (Dec '10) Dec '10 he played enough... 1
News Cavaliers Acquire Jamison in 3-Team Deal (Feb '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 67
News Zydrunas Ilgauskas makes it official by signing... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Anonymous 6
News Miami Heat: Zydrunas Ilgauskas to sign with Mia... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Freez 50
News Z Talks to FOX 8 About Coach Brown (May '10) May '10 WHYNOT 7
News Look For Lebron To Guard Rondo In Game 5 (May '10) May '10 Tiffany 6
More from around the web