Knicks can't unload Randolph

Full story: Newsday 12
For the second time in this offseason, trade discussions involving Zach Randolph have failed to come to fruition. Full Story
BrooklynB

Highland Park, IL

#1 Sep 20, 2008
This team will suffer from the Isiah legacy for years. I forgot he gave away the 2010 first round pick. Unbelievable! Does anyone know if there is contingency protection in case we get a top pick 2010?
Chris

AOL

#2 Sep 20, 2008
The Knicks are getting what they deserve. The let that idiot Isiah run this once proud franchise into the ground and I hope no team bails them out. Any team that would trade for the punks the Knicks have would set their own teams back.
Bob

Sarasota, FL

#3 Sep 20, 2008
I still believe we can unload him. When the playoff race starts to develop and contending teams lose players to injury or
they feel that they need some more scoring, a deal should be possible. No one is desperate enough yet to take a chance on him.
Derek

Poughkeepsie, NY

#4 Sep 20, 2008
Any GM that would trade for Randolph should be fired. Nobody is going to touch that problem.
bandola59

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Sep 20, 2008
Can someone explain to me why everyone feels this dude is so bad.

Please all the basketball experts out there please tell me why.

And of course keep the superstar center the Knicks have.

Come guys please help me understand... really break it down for me.

And then tell me what you would rather have that's feasible.
NYStateOfMind

Ridgewood, NY

#6 Sep 20, 2008
Bob wrote:
I still believe we can unload him. When the playoff race starts to develop and contending teams lose players to injury or they feel that they need some more scoring, a deal should be possible. No one is desperate enough yet to take a chance on him.
I agree. The Knicks can't make the NBA trade for Randolph...

Hopefully, Randolph will play well enough in the first part of this upcoming season to have another NBA team see he's a good fit for their team. Randolph is a good player in a new system that doesn't fit his physical skills...
Jerry

AOL

#7 Sep 20, 2008
Way to stick to your guns Donnie. Just because the press has written this team down to a bunch of losers doesn't mean we have to have a fire sale. When D'Antoni starts coaching and the team is healthy again they will start winning and then Randolf will become more valuable to other teams. He doesn't have to be traded right now. Neither does Marbury. Let them show their worth under a new coach and a healthy team. I'm betthing Donnie will get a lot more than the sportswriters and thats why their sportswriters.
Jerry

AOL

#8 Sep 20, 2008
bandola59 wrote:
Can someone explain to me why everyone feels this dude is so bad.
Please all the basketball experts out there please tell me why.
And of course keep the superstar center the Knicks have.
Come guys please help me understand... really break it down for me.
And then tell me what you would rather have that's feasible.
My guess is that Randolf hasn't won on any teams. That being said he tends to throw up a lot of shots on losing teams, seemingly padding his numbers. His field goal percentage is not that good. Anybody that shoots enough with a .40 percentage is going to score some points. He is a good rebounder and he does have some fire in his belly. However, he can not block a shot unless someone shoots it off his forehead or hits his hand because the man cannot jump or will not. Anyhow he is inconsistent. His defense is not that great he can't run the floor as well as some other big men and he is just not mobile. He can score down low when he puts his mind to it. I think he could become much more valuable if he limited his shots to high percentage much the way Lee does. He would then need to hustle and play good defense. If he can't block a shot then he has to move his feet and keep the offensive player in front of him. Scoring 20 points on .40 shooting while allowing 30 points on the defense just doesn't cut it. If he shot .50, got 14 points and 10 boards and played good d he would be a much better team player and would garnish more interest from other teams. Thats the breakdown....the KNicks really need a shot blocker to get in the other teams minds.
GeorgeWBuLLShiT

Orlando, FL

#9 Sep 22, 2008
Of course not only a ass like Isiah would waste thier bosses money on malcontents such as Zach and Steph. Rot in hell Isiah
anonYmOus

Santo Tomas, Philippines

#10 Sep 22, 2008
throw in sacramento in the deal, they might want to take a look at zach randolph after reef's retirement.. they could offer a bunch of healthy, young, athletic players.. like john salmons and a future 2nd round pick perhaps?
cj-3H5 uste

Santo Tomas, Philippines

#11 Sep 22, 2008
how about kenny thomas, mikki moore and a 2nd round pick for zach randolph.. a trade that would seem pretty solid
GMoney

Phenix City, AL

#12 Oct 18, 2008
I say keep Randolph and give him a chance.....He does have a long range shot 4 a big guy, and if he can get in shape and run the floor will be nice in D'Antoni's system. Knicks should trade Curry for Milicic and Jaric. Milicic can rebound, and if healthy can put up 12 to 15 pts a night, not to mention he can run and is an athletic big. Jaric is very athletic, a decent passer, can shoot a 3 consistent, and is a mobile pg at 6'7, and can put up 8.5 to 11 or 12 pts a night, and get maybe 5 or 6 assists. What is Curry doing? nothin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zach Randolph Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spurs blast Grizzlies in Game 1 of West finals (May '13) May '13 Ginny Boyd 1
Memphis Grizzlies keep to game plan in playoffs (May '13) May '13 bandwagoners. 1
How Much Is Tony Allen Worth to the Memphis Gri... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ladale 1
Grizzlies provide Heat with another frontcourt ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 chad huggins 1
Memphis Grizzlies' trades are latest signs of s... (Feb '13) Feb '13 BlueManSuit 1
Los Angeles Lakers Rumors: Why Zach Randolph Is... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Blowbama 3
Grizzlies seal stunning upset by knocking off S... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Educated What 1
More from around the web