Miami Heat forward Michael Beasley headed for second unit for p...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Friday was about clues, as the Miami Heat continued its preparations for Sunday's playoff opener against the Atlanta Hawks at Philips Arena.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
john

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 17, 2009
 
Um Kenny, you will have J O'neal coming off the bench. and you still have james jones, and over rated cook coming off the bench. Our bench will still be effective. This bench discussion is irrelevant. WHen we had shaq and wade on the floor together who was the best player coming off our bench? When did this become a discussion? I'm not saying that you don't need a good bench... But you start your best five. You need talent to win. I'll say it again to the people that reads only the papers but don't know nothing about sports. ALthough i think this is a dumb reason, but beasley will never start over haslem as long as haslem is on this team. They want to show respect to the man. Haslem is a warrior. Yes beasley should start because he's better. Period. But the reason i just stated is why you have these guys making up stories about beasley not having defense or being undersize. That has nothing to do with it. He's a talent and the second overall pick. Those are dumb reasons. Come on people wake up!
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 17, 2009
 
Knowing how j.o always get injured,i would have him come off the bench,and playing less than 25 minutes a game,he dont deserve starters minutes,and plus you want to keep his legs fresh,so he wont get tired out
liam

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 18, 2009
 
Tiffany wrote:
Um wade does'nt need help wit his game,hes already on top of it
neither did lebron, but you think he's complaining about his team jumping from 45 wins last year to 67 this year after adding Mo Williams to their starting 5?

PLUS he's been better and more efficient this year too with Mo there.
liam

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 18, 2009
 
Haslem at center kills our team almost as bad as beasley on the bench though

when haslem is at the 5 the athletic hawks will have a dunkathon and layup line and rebounding party, just like every other team did against us with haslem at the 5

hawks will do it even worse thugh because theyre ne of the most athletic teams in the league and attack the rim and glass, plus their crowd will be going crazy and theyll take advantagae of that in the playoffs

fact is that if haslem starts game 1 we're gonna fall into a double-digit first quarter deficit and the phillips crowd is going to be going INSANE

then we'll sub in Beasley and cut the lead before teh end of the first quarter, and play uphill the rest f the night with our best players playing

its SO predictable, cant even get mad at it any more

please PLEASE no Haslem at center though, and PLEASE PLEASE start Beasley
kenny

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Apr 18, 2009
 
john wrote:
Um Kenny, you will have J O'neal coming off the bench. and you still have james jones, and over rated cook coming off the bench. Our bench will still be effective. This bench discussion is irrelevant. WHen we had shaq and wade on the floor together who was the best player coming off our bench? When did this become a discussion? I'm not saying that you don't need a good bench... But you start your best five. You need talent to win. I'll say it again to the people that reads only the papers but don't know nothing about sports. ALthough i think this is a dumb reason, but beasley will never start over haslem as long as haslem is on this team. They want to show respect to the man. Haslem is a warrior. Yes beasley should start because he's better. Period. But the reason i just stated is why you have these guys making up stories about beasley not having defense or being undersize. That has nothing to do with it. He's a talent and the second overall pick. Those are dumb reasons. Come on people wake up!
well dallas would disagree with your reasoning of "starting your best 5"...jason terry comes off the bench...MANU GINOBLI comes off the bench in the playoffs for their titles...and if you say that you only start your best players then wouldnt your starting lineup consist of:

chalmers, d wade, beasley, haslem and oneal? then your bench you have who?

magloire, j jones, quinn, head, cook, and wright?

those guys are all scrubs besides jones....when james jones is your best scoring option off the bench, then your in trouble! you need a threat off the bench, and right now beasley is that threat in the playoffs.
kenny

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 18, 2009
 
liam wrote:
<quoted text>
neither did lebron, but you think he's complaining about his team jumping from 45 wins last year to 67 this year after adding Mo Williams to their starting 5?
PLUS he's been better and more efficient this year too with Mo there.
well the cavs went 0-9 without lebron last year, so it wasnt just mo's arrival, it was also him being able to play every game, his defense and leadership...plus mo benefited from playing with lebron ALOT more than lebron benefited from playing with mo.
OLD PRO

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 18, 2009
 
Maybe Mickey will step in and tell Rieley he wants to win and he will tell his "lacky" and we will get a chanch to win with Beasley!
kenny

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 18, 2009
 
OLD PRO wrote:
Maybe Mickey will step in and tell Rieley he wants to win and he will tell his "lacky" and we will get a chanch to win with Beasley!
beasley doesnt have to start to be effective, he just has to get 30+ minutes and all will be fine.
Dom

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 18, 2009
 
UD is a great story, local Miami kid, played overseas, and has done gritty work. But, we now have probably have one of the future 50 best players of all time in beasley along with 1 of the top 5 of all time in wade, and beasley proved he can do it against ATL"S starters and the other teams starters the past 5 games with minutes. Putting him and wade on the floor IS A NIGHTMARE FROM HELL for any team to cover,. PERIOD. UD is still great for this team, coming in to be the defensive stopper and primary backup. He probably would excel in that role as he will have more energy. WADE EARNED THE RIGHT TO START HIS ROOKIE YEAR, and lets be honest, dwade didnt look as good as beasley HIS ROOKIE YR,. BEASLEY NEEDS TO START AND PLAY 40mpg in the playoffs----------WADE/BEASLEY / make JO an Allstar again as the help defense will leave him 1 on 1 to dominate. THIS IS A NO BRAINER SPO
Dom

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 18, 2009
 
SPO needs to grow some Balls and get this thing done. """" UDonis, as the captain, I am asking you to show leadership and guide these youngsters, However, I am gonna need your leadership coming in as my #1 big and dominate the hawks backup players. Micheal is playing at a level never seen before, and I need that out their with Wade. Thanks for a great year, and I know you will still have some great moments in the series. Go get em. Michael, your starting.
john

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Apr 18, 2009
 
first of oall ginobli was a starter during the title runs. He's constantly getting hurt and the player in front of him is a good shooter. That's why he's coming off the bench. Don't get it twisted. And you will not start any point guard unless they are a super talent, over jason kidd. Let's get that straight. Stop believing these coaches about his defense and how they need a good bench. The fact that you will have JO, magloire, jones, cook and like you say wright, is still effective enough. You won't bench shaq and keep wade in just cause you need a strong bench. That reasoning is dumb. Like i said you start your best five!
kenny

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Apr 18, 2009
 
john wrote:
first of oall ginobli was a starter during the title runs. He's constantly getting hurt and the player in front of him is a good shooter. That's why he's coming off the bench. Don't get it twisted. And you will not start any point guard unless they are a super talent, over jason kidd. Let's get that straight. Stop believing these coaches about his defense and how they need a good bench. The fact that you will have JO, magloire, jones, cook and like you say wright, is still effective enough. You won't bench shaq and keep wade in just cause you need a strong bench. That reasoning is dumb. Like i said you start your best five!
first of all ginobli WAS NOT a starter during the playoffs, not only did i know that when i posted that he was a bench player, but i know it now for a fact http://www.nba.com/playerfile/emanuel_ginobil... ...

and last year jason terry STARTED at shooting guard, and can be shooting guard, so he is a 6th man because he brings scoring and energy off the bench....just like beasley can check your remarks before you make them.
john

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Apr 18, 2009
 
ok i see that you want to be right instead of knowing what you are talking about. You never really answered my question? You put up a link to show me what? You put it up but you don't even know what it means? Your reasoning doesn't make sense. Ginobli was a starter sir througout the title runs. You're the one who sent me the stats for him. So look at it for yourself. Anybody who averages 30 plus minutes a game is not a coming off the bench. Did you just start watching basketball? Jason terry is a point guard first. Yes he can play shooting guard but he's a point gaurd. Jerry stackhouse was the starter at shooting guard. It was terry stackhouse, howard, dirk, and dampier, They got kidd so naturally terry went to the bench. it's not like we are talking about kobe bryant getting benched. it's just jason terry. It had nothing to do with having a strong bench. they Started the best player. Like we should be doing. Stop reading the newspaper and learn about sports. Believe what you want to. I think the reason people like you don't see that is cause you don't see how talented beasley is. IT's like telling duncan to come off the bench. NOw answer my question sense you didn't see it before. Who came off the bench when the heat had shaq and wade? did we have this conversation? NO you played your best player. The fact of the matter is beasley would be starting for any other team but this one. I think people like you just don't see what type of special talent this guy is. He puts up better numbers when he startsthen the guy in front of him. Any power foward that can put up 24.8pts and 12.6 reb is starting for my team. NOw for the last time, the only reason beasley is not starting for this team is only out of respect for haslem. But that's ok cause next year haslem is gone and this will be a different conversation.
kenny

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Apr 18, 2009
 
john wrote:
ok i see that you want to be right instead of knowing what you are talking about. You never really answered my question? You put up a link to show me what? You put it up but you don't even know what it means? Your reasoning doesn't make sense. Ginobli was a starter sir througout the title runs. You're the one who sent me the stats for him. So look at it for yourself. Anybody who averages 30 plus minutes a game is not a coming off the bench. Did you just start watching basketball? Jason terry is a point guard first. Yes he can play shooting guard but he's a point gaurd. Jerry stackhouse was the starter at shooting guard. It was terry stackhouse, howard, dirk, and dampier, They got kidd so naturally terry went to the bench. it's not like we are talking about kobe bryant getting benched. it's just jason terry. It had nothing to do with having a strong bench. they Started the best player. Like we should be doing. Stop reading the newspaper and learn about sports. Believe what you want to. I think the reason people like you don't see that is cause you don't see how talented beasley is. IT's like telling duncan to come off the bench. NOw answer my question sense you didn't see it before. Who came off the bench when the heat had shaq and wade? did we have this conversation? NO you played your best player. The fact of the matter is beasley would be starting for any other team but this one. I think people like you just don't see what type of special talent this guy is. He puts up better numbers when he startsthen the guy in front of him. Any power foward that can put up 24.8pts and 12.6 reb is starting for my team. NOw for the last time, the only reason beasley is not starting for this team is only out of respect for haslem. But that's ok cause next year haslem is gone and this will be a different conversation.
02-03 he didnt start any games, and the other year they won he only started a little over half of the games...

i agree that beasley could start, but its not who starts the game, its who finishes it.
john

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Apr 18, 2009
 
If the person on your bench is finishing the game over the starter, something is wrong with that. That's why that statement doesn't make sense. You still saying things that you've heard instead of looking at it with common sense. No offense. You cannot bench a player that out plays your starter? something is wrong with the team as a whole if that's the case. Beasley a rookie averages more pts and rebounds then the starter. lets think about it for a minute. And the defense issue is an excuse cause no rookie unless he's a great shot blocker ever comes out playing good defense. But it takes a special rookie to be able to score outside and inside not including being your best rebounder. There is no excuse to not start him. They tell you things like defense and the bench issue as a reason to not start him over someone they respect with haslem. ANd plus they want to trade haslem. So they showcase him. Believe what you want to but that is the real reason. IT's the business of basketball. You don't bench talent. That's what you need to realize. No matter what you never bench talent. In no sports with the exception of football where they bench a QB for a year to have him learn. But you never bench a talent.
kenny

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Apr 18, 2009
 
john wrote:
If the person on your bench is finishing the game over the starter, something is wrong with that. That's why that statement doesn't make sense. You still saying things that you've heard instead of looking at it with common sense. No offense. You cannot bench a player that out plays your starter? something is wrong with the team as a whole if that's the case. Beasley a rookie averages more pts and rebounds then the starter. lets think about it for a minute. And the defense issue is an excuse cause no rookie unless he's a great shot blocker ever comes out playing good defense. But it takes a special rookie to be able to score outside and inside not including being your best rebounder. There is no excuse to not start him. They tell you things like defense and the bench issue as a reason to not start him over someone they respect with haslem. ANd plus they want to trade haslem. So they showcase him. Believe what you want to but that is the real reason. IT's the business of basketball. You don't bench talent. That's what you need to realize. No matter what you never bench talent. In no sports with the exception of football where they bench a QB for a year to have him learn. But you never bench a talent.
well in 03 that was the case with the spurs THAT WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP...i dont know why it even matters, the heat are done after round 1 anyways...the mavs have terry in at the end of games and they won 50 games...Jr smith is in at the end of games and they also won 50+ games...
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Apr 18, 2009
 
The hawks aint gettin pass the heat
devilindetails

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Apr 18, 2009
 
benchwarmers no more

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Yakhouba Diawara Discussions

Search the Yakhouba Diawara Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Miami Heat: Jermaine O'Neal, Yakhouba Diawara t... (Jun '09) Apr '10 DJ P 11
Jones may need more surgery (Jun '09) Jun '09 trensaun 4
Carrying Heat too great a burden as Wade's back... (Apr '09) Apr '09 OLD PRO 1
When Dwyane Wade is off, the Miami Heat isn't w... (Apr '09) Apr '09 xxx3 20
Heat knew what was coming (Apr '09) Apr '09 The Real Deal 32
Miami Heat coach Eric Spoelstra won't commit to... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 21
Miami Heat: Jamario Moon sidelined for Miami Heat (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••