Press almost bests Pacers

Press almost bests Pacers

There are 3 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 8, 2007, titled Press almost bests Pacers. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indiana Pacers knew the undermanned Boston Celtics would turn up their defensive intensity at some point.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Don in Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Apr 8, 2007
Sometimes the 'bad(?)' teams bring out a truth in a supposed better team, such was the case last nite. It's obvious J.O. has some health problems, but the team player problems are still there. He is not an open court player that takes advantage of the opportunity to drive or break to the goal with authority in a wide open rag-tag game that would net other great players the opportunity to show off they stuff!!! His passing is very suspect now that other teams double and triple team him in the low post. His passing is atrocious and the decision to throw up bad shots in traffic is more apparent than ever. He needs to get off the ego trip and learn to be a team player: passing, "PICKING FOR OTHERS", good decision making on shot selection, motion to the basket in the open court, hustle full court-RUN-Beat the other team to the basket!!!!!Use the fouls to knock the_____ out of these bullies in the paint, especially the little guys, with a mentality of: WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING IN MY TERRITORY??? NOW, the point is still wavering. They let Rhondo make them look bad with his speed and savey. Why don't the guards use their body to cut a guy like this off??? Look at Billups, He's the best in the league at controlling the game and protecting both the ball and the lead or tempo. Uses his body to stop the reaching around, bumping, physical play(he accepts the challenge as part of the game and adjust accordingly--uses his head and aggressiveness. I hope the Pacers see this and can improve their point play and get J.O. to play team ball. Diogu needs more playing time. Get Foster involved in the offense when he gets back. Go Pacers, YOU CAN DO IT.

Since: Apr 07

United States

#2 Apr 8, 2007
Go Pacers,YOU CAN DO WHAT? This is a sorry accuse for a PRO team.Let's put them up against a team like the Florida Gators still they would look like a team that was put together in a backyard or playground.J.O. will he ever recover from his injuries? I don't believe he wants to what does he have to look forward to besides a paycheck?OK let's revamp and start all over again.Get ready for the 07 08 PACERS.
KB Bass

South Bend, IN

#3 Apr 8, 2007
Where's the messge board?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Szczerbiak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wally Szczerbiak - nude! (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jann 1
News Cavs: a 'cowardly betrayal' | The Columbus Disp... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Joe 29
News Michael Arace commentary: A trade to bring Shaq... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Keith Strohmeyer 1
News Cleveland Cavaliers fans give it to Charles Bar... (May '09) May '09 Kennyf428 4
News Maybe they should stop this one: Cavaliers on a... (May '09) May '09 joseph 2
News LeBron scores 34 as Cavaliers end long playoff ... (May '09) May '09 eger 3
News Cavaliers: Trade doesn't look likely before dea... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bewitched 2
More from around the web