Teammate: Garnett angered by talks wi...

Teammate: Garnett angered by talks with Celtics

There are 1 comment on the I Heart KG story from Jun 25, 2007, titled Teammate: Garnett angered by talks with Celtics. In it, I Heart KG reports that:

“What got Kevin upset is that he thought he might be going to Phoenix, but then he heard about Boston and that really got him p----- off”

But according to a teammate who spoke with Garnett last week, Minnesota's franchise talent was angered by the team's recent trade talks with Boston. via I Heart KG

Join the discussion below, or Read more at I Heart KG.

Gnibtay

Worcester, MA

#1 Jun 30, 2007
What right does he have to be "angry"? I can't get over these players -- what do they expect? Kevin's a great guy & player, but all these players could benefit from a serious dose of humility.
What makes him think he's too good for the Celtics? Yes he's a great player but he hasn't been good enough to bring a championship to Minnesota by himself. He's got a hog of a contract and he's embarking on the downside of his career. The teams that have been successful without him don't need him, and certainly don't need to turn their payrolls upside down for him. The teams that are more desparate to win are the ones who will be willing to risk it all to shell out for him, without a corresponding commitment from him beyond the next couple of years. He should be honored that any team is willing to pay him millions and millions of dollars just to do what most of us gladly do for fun & for free. As a competitor he should embrace the challenge of turning a team into a winter, instead of hoping to walk into an organization that's done its winning without him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Szczerbiak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wally Szczerbiak - nude! (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jann 1
News Cavs: a 'cowardly betrayal' | The Columbus Disp... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Joe 29
News Michael Arace commentary: A trade to bring Shaq... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Keith Strohmeyer 1
News Cleveland Cavaliers fans give it to Charles Bar... (May '09) May '09 Kennyf428 4
News Maybe they should stop this one: Cavaliers on a... (May '09) May '09 joseph 2
News LeBron scores 34 as Cavaliers end long playoff ... (May '09) May '09 eger 3
News Cavaliers: Trade doesn't look likely before dea... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bewitched 2
More from around the web