Howard scores career-high 39 in Magic's win over Sonics

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Dwight Howard dunked, blocked and dominated Seattle's undersized frontline for a career-high 39 points and 16 rebounds, and the Orlando Magic beat the SuperSonics 110-94 on Wednesday night for their NBA-best ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 64 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2007
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
kevin

Deland, FL

#1 Nov 28, 2007
finally jj gets some burn, even playing 20 minutes the entire rest of the season he still draws more attention then bogans could ever hope for. Yes hes a liability on defense but hes no worse then a matt carol or jason kapono. Steve kerr was no defensive ace, but what team didnt want him in the rotation back in the day.
Jim

United States

#2 Nov 28, 2007
Great game for Dwight. Bench was awesome again tonight. Carlos Arroyo had 14 assists. Redick had 11 points. 5 for Cook. 7 for Evans.
3 more games to go on the road trip. No reason to believe they can't win them all. GO MAGIC!!

Since: Nov 07

Karachi, Pakistan

#3 Nov 28, 2007
Dwight, I wanna grow up like you...please i'm hungry.
DAN THE MAN

AOL

#4 Nov 28, 2007
Dwight is a BEAST!! Another win!!
GO MAGIC!!
BHCustomer

Mount Dora, FL

#5 Nov 28, 2007
Again, I didn't see the game, of course. I am disappointed by the Sonics ability to come back from an 18 point deficit late in the game, but am quite impressed with the Magic response to that threat. Going on a 17-2 run in the last 4:30 is ridiculous and proves that once the team learns to overcome their 3rd and 4th quarter slacking they will be contenders. If they learn to overcome their bad habits, that is.
Laurent

Deltona, FL

#6 Nov 28, 2007
This magic team is probably one of the best in franchise history. I say this because I dont' remember the NBA being this competitive back when Shaq and Penny were here.

This team walks, talks and looks much more serious than last years team.
Sam

AOL

#7 Nov 28, 2007
Dwight is a man child. Nelson is developing into a true point guard. The new guys from LA are fitting in nicely. JJ will be nailing 3's on a regular basis here soon. Early votes for coach of the year: Stan "the man" Gundy and MVP ... Dwight Howard. Imagine how good this team will be by the time the new arena is built. This is a great time for Magic fans. GO MAGIC!!!
ORLANDOM1977

Bucharest, Romania

#8 Nov 28, 2007
VG kept Lewis on the court even he was "ice cold".Why ???To help Sonics ?
We were playing 4 against 6 with Lewis on the court.Don't get me wrong about Rashard...VG should have replaced him..Keeping him on the court (in this game) was a huge mistake.Reddick was ready..
steve

San Jose, CA

#9 Nov 29, 2007
dont get to far ahead this game makes me see dwight in the new nba live game ratied in the 90's but it is still early lets wait till march
MagicMan

Orlando, FL

#10 Nov 29, 2007
Good job Magic! I am becoming more and more impressed by this team each game. I think too many Magic fans are capitalizing on the negatives. Bottom line we are still winning and just like Finish Line said the other day........I would rather take all these wins versus the lower teams in the leauge than 3-4 marquee wins versus the contenders. If we can keep a torrid pace like this we just might be able to set up good playoff position.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11 Nov 29, 2007
Excellent play by Arroyo. It's the best he has looked all season. And Dwight was an absolute monster. I know Seattle was a weak team, but the fact that they had to throw pretty much every guy they had at him and still couldn't stop him speaks volumes of his development. Whilst Seattle came back in the 4th, it was great to see the way Orlando turned it up again in the last couple few minutes. They still need to get out of this habit of switching off when they get up big. And it was good to see bench guys in the game at crunch time - Van Gundy looks like he is taking his own advice and trusting the second string guys in imortant situations, which can only benefit the team as a whole.
GoJags

Deland, FL

#12 Nov 29, 2007
another great game missed....thanks brightblows!
howardsternsnose

Casselberry, FL

#13 Nov 29, 2007
stan van JEREMY is the man...still think its way too early to predict anything. They cannot finish off a team, always lets them linger around to make an eventual comeback. Atleast, they are winning those games this year.
AAAARRRRGGHH

Winter Haven, FL

#14 Nov 29, 2007
What's up with the TV coverage of this game???
It was supposed to be on NBA TV, but it was blacked out in our area. Then I went to a buddy's house who has Direct TV - it wasn't shown on FSN Florida either.
This is ridiculous!

Since: Mar 07

Winter Park, FL

#15 Nov 29, 2007
They will have to play better than this game to beat the Suns at home.
Jeff Flowers

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Nov 29, 2007
It seems to me that the biggest difference in the Magic is that they focus and win games against lesser teams. Last year, the lost quite a few games to sub-500 teams.

Since: May 07

Tampa

#17 Nov 29, 2007
Any win on the road in the NBA is a great win. The Magic have a great supporting cast around Howard. I'm not sure if Rashard is worth $120 million (he is pretty much one-dimensional) However, he is a great team player and the Magic are really playing together now. Go Magic!!
DEVO

Oviedo, FL

#18 Nov 29, 2007
VERY disapointed by Brighthouse and its negotiators...I only get to read about it! VERY SAD FOR A BASKETBALL CITY!
Sixx

United States

#19 Nov 29, 2007
Dwight grows up, look out anyone who stands in his way.

Why would any of you guys stick with BH? I regret missing the two games I could not see!

They are still having that 3rd/4th quarter let down, When they shed that problem this team will be elite. I still would love to see a physical big playing next to Dwight. He needs someone to relieve some of the punishment.
Fernando Vargas

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#20 Nov 29, 2007
We are playing like champs, the only thing that we need is a young guy over seven ft., to help Mr. Howard when we play against Mr. Yao Ming, Mr. Isgaukas and other big guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Szczerbiak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wally Szczerbiak - nude! (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jann 1
Cavs: a 'cowardly betrayal' | The Columbus Disp... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Joe 29
Michael Arace commentary: A trade to bring Shaq... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Keith Strohmeyer 1
Cleveland Cavaliers fans give it to Charles Bar... (May '09) May '09 Kennyf428 4
Maybe they should stop this one: Cavaliers on a... (May '09) May '09 joseph 2
LeBron scores 34 as Cavaliers end long playoff ... (May '09) May '09 eger 3
Cavaliers: Trade doesn't look likely before dea... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bewitched 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wally Szczerbiak People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••