LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers sen...

LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers send Timberwolves to 11th str...

There are 32 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 17, 2008, titled LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers send Timberwolves to 11th str.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

In almost every Timberwolves game, there comes a point at which the opposing team stops playing around and decides to get serious.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Dec 18, 2008
Mike - Formerly St Paul wrote:
The problem is Taylor. Let's face it.
McHale can't have pull off this much lunacy without Taylor's complicity.
Fans should picket the stadium rather than go inside. Maybe they'll get the message to get real basketball management when nobody goes inside the building.
So if any of you have tickets, start organizing it.
Or use the old Saints 'brown-bag-over-the-head' gimmick.
You are probably correct about Taylor. The Lynx are awful also.
Mike - Formerly St Paul

San Diego, CA

#23 Dec 18, 2008
Mike - Formerly St Paul wrote:
And to think, I was derided by more than a few last spring when I urged 'drafting Mayo and McHale NOT trading him'. Several fans came on the blogs here and said that no, the Wolves did not need more guards, they needed a forward/center.
Then I lampooned the 2nd draft night trade fiasco McHale has engineered in the last few years and several fans came on these pages and said, no I'm wrong, it is a good trade for Wolves.
Well, the results,(after a quarter of the season), are: Mayo will be the all-star I predicted; neither Wolves guard scores as

consistently around 20 ppg as Mayo does; Miller and Love COMBINED on many nights are not scoring what Mayo does himself.
Those of you who wanted to keep the guards we had,(which McHale did), should peruse Mayo's stats versus McCant's stats.'Me-Cants-make-a-shot' is more like it.
Oh, and just to head off those who want to tell me 'well, Mayo didn't want to play here...'.

Tough. You draft him, he plays. His value right now is higher than on draft night. If he still is crying about being here after year two, you trade him THEN for more picks/players. Of course you need to get rid of the current basketball management.

All the talent, draft picks, and cap space in the world isn't worth anything without the right management team (owner, gms, scouts, coach) to use them correctly.
Mike - Formerly St Paul

San Diego, CA

#24 Dec 18, 2008
Danny Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
you are putting way too much thought into this team of losers....heck, your doing more planning than the Woffies themselves have in years.....the only thing left to wonder is how high of a pick they will end up with and how bad they can screw this one up...can they top last year?...stay tuned ...
Great post. Spot-on.

About the only thing we can guess with accuracy is that one of three things will occur on draft night 2009, 2010, etc.:

a) They will pick the wrong player (Brewer, Longley, Lattner, Spencer, Richardson, et al.)

b) If they pick the right player, they will trade them for worse players (Mayo, Roy, Allen, et al)

c) They have almost no hope of getting lucky and drafting the best player in the draft with a pick below the top pick in the draft. It is clear that the drafting of KG was a fluke. It must have been an error from the Wolves braintrust that actually worked out. They meant to draft a high school player who would not work out, but then KG did. And it kept working out for 12 years. So the Wolves couldn't stand it anymore and traded him. Wolves can't have any of those 'star-players' on the roster. They might 'over-shadow' the GM and owner.

(P.S. Same thing will happen to Jefferson. He is destined to be traded by being the best player in this franchise. Doesn't he know that competency can't be associated with the Wolves under this management?)
Mike - Formerly St Paul

San Diego, CA

#25 Dec 18, 2008
Okay, well that really should have been "only one of two things will occur". But you get the idea.

United States

#26 Dec 18, 2008
lebron is not the leader of the cavs,mo williams is
St Paul old timer

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Dec 18, 2008
Dear Mr. Taylor,
Is there any way we could convince you to either sell the team or just ask the NBA to disband it? The embarassment you have brought to the MN sprots fan is truly reprehensible. You have made us the laughing stocks of major leage sports. I think we would rather not have a NBA team than continue this joke you own. Please, if you care about the MN sports fan, sell and go away.
And to the people going to the games...don't!! Don't send this joker any of your hard earned money.

Auburn, WA

#28 Dec 18, 2008
Tiffany wrote:
lebron is not the leader of the cavs,mo williams is
Woa...you keep shocking me with your outrageous comments, how is he the leader of the team?Mo williams is a really good point guard, but even in milwaukee Bogut or redd was the leader in that locker room and on the court and in Cleveland it is no question who the leader of the team is lebron, read any article on lebron or any article talking to a player who just played the cavs, even mo evans of the hawks said that lebron and wade were the leaders of there teams, i can see if you dont like lebron but dont make stupid statements
Danny Ainge

Wichita, KS

#29 Dec 18, 2008
Richie-Rich wrote:
You really know your team sucks when the only reason 9 out of 10 people who show up are there to watch the other team. Not only that, but Lebron get's a standing ovation in our house.
Mchale was a heck of a player at the UofM and Boston however, he might go down as one of the worst GM's professional sports has ever seen.
McHale got his championship rings because he was in the right place at the right time and happened to have superstars around him. he got the sixth man award for the same reason. Not good enough to start and got along on the coat tails of Bird, Parish and Jonhnson etc

United States

#32 Dec 18, 2008
lebron thinks hes the $hit when he really aint,dwayne wade is the $hit
Danny Ainge

Wichita, KS

#33 Dec 18, 2008
Steve Hettinger wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention his most current championship ring. For helping build a championship team in Beantown
GOOD ONE!! I wonder if he was invited to the ceremony for his ring presentation or if they mailed it to him in his deer stand

Auburn, WA

#36 Dec 18, 2008
Steve Hettinger wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously don't know alot about basketball.
Thank you this girl has been vomiting bad basketball comments all over this forum
Jesse Ventura

Stillwater, MN

#37 Dec 19, 2008
Taylor & Mchale are jackasses. I rather have Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis own it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Szczerbiak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wally Szczerbiak - nude! (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jann 1
News Cavs: a 'cowardly betrayal' | The Columbus Disp... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Joe 29
News Michael Arace commentary: A trade to bring Shaq... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Keith Strohmeyer 1
News Cleveland Cavaliers fans give it to Charles Bar... (May '09) May '09 Kennyf428 4
News Maybe they should stop this one: Cavaliers on a... (May '09) May '09 joseph 2
News LeBron scores 34 as Cavaliers end long playoff ... (May '09) May '09 eger 3
News Cavaliers: Trade doesn't look likely before dea... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bewitched 2
More from around the web