LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers sen...

LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers send Timberwolves to 11th str...

There are 32 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 17, 2008, titled LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers send Timberwolves to 11th str.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

In almost every Timberwolves game, there comes a point at which the opposing team stops playing around and decides to get serious.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Flip

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 17, 2008
Nice job you did building this laughing stock of a franchise, McPhale!!!! And I was the odd man out??? What a joke. Do you have some pictures of Taylor whooping it up at the Gay 90's club or something?

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#2 Dec 17, 2008
The Wolves lose? No way! How did that happen?
anti wolvefan

Lakeville, MN

#3 Dec 17, 2008
14 points in the 4 th just makes my stomach sick FIRE McHALE SOON GLEN !!
d mcclay

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Dec 17, 2008
start scouting top prospects soon.
looks like wolves will pick no later than sixth.
a top three again is likely.

make roster space for next years draftees.
trade for ending contracts, two for ones, etc.

miller,mccant,madsen and cardinal wolves best choices to deal. would ant other team want any of them ?
miller should have value. mccants ?

miller,cardinal and collins for marbury.
tell starbury to stay east until seasons over, or have him clean bathrooms and sweep the gym floor for his money.
this would free up two spots for next season.
or

miller,mccants,cardinal,booth to portland for przybilla and lafrentz. may have to add boston first or one of the three seconds wolves own in next two drafts.
would open two spots and get a center.

or

boozer may be available.
miller,mccants,cardial and boston first to jazz for
boozer.
then trade boozer to cavs for varejia(sp),szczerbiak and a slew of firsts (at least two, the further into the future the better).
sing the center to an extention.

hopefully get first pick and take the pg out of spain (?)
take a sf and a sg with the jazz and heat picks.
should be much better next season, unless...
oh, that's right, wolves have a history of trading rookies of the year and such.
Tom Shakopee

Lincoln, NE

#5 Dec 17, 2008
When will Taylor fire McHale. It is almost to the point where the Franchise fan base has eroded so much so that you wonder if fan base is irreparably harmed. I would not care if this Franchise relocated to another geographic location. McHale and Taylor, Frick and Frack, Laurel and Hardy, Dumb and Dumber.
Baguak

Peoria, AZ

#6 Dec 18, 2008
I can only assume with yet again the worst or one of the worse teams in the league that we will get the 7th or 8th pick in the lottery and chicago will get another number one or something....

Why not just concede the rest of the season and let those boys have some time off. They look tired.....
sboy

Glendale, AZ

#7 Dec 18, 2008
embarrassing, pathetic, futile effort and team
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#8 Dec 18, 2008
Where can I buy tickets?.....
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#9 Dec 18, 2008
d mcclay wrote:
start scouting top prospects soon.
looks like wolves will pick no later than sixth.
a top three again is likely.
make roster space for next years draftees.
trade for ending contracts, two for ones, etc.
miller,mccant,madsen and cardinal wolves best choices to deal. would ant other team want any of them ?
miller should have value. mccants ?
miller,cardinal and collins for marbury.
tell starbury to stay east until seasons over, or have him clean bathrooms and sweep the gym floor for his money.
this would free up two spots for next season.
or
miller,mccants,cardinal,booth to portland for przybilla and lafrentz. may have to add boston first or one of the three seconds wolves own in next two drafts.
would open two spots and get a center.
or
boozer may be available.
miller,mccants,cardial and boston first to jazz for
boozer.
then trade boozer to cavs for varejia(sp),szczerbiak and a slew of firsts (at least two, the further into the future the better).
sing the center to an extention.
hopefully get first pick and take the pg out of spain (?)
take a sf and a sg with the jazz and heat picks.
should be much better next season, unless...
oh, that's right, wolves have a history of trading rookies of the year and such.
you are putting way too much thought into this team of losers....heck, your doing more planning than the Woffies themselves have in years.....the only thing left to wonder is how high of a pick they will end up with and how bad they can screw this one up...can they top last year?...stay tuned ...
KevinD

Mankato, MN

#10 Dec 18, 2008
What is there to say - same high school ball played by the Wolves - no scoring - no defense
Glen Taylor

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Dec 18, 2008
I'd like to thank the 14,899 fans that turned out to see the exciting LeBron James and the 21-4 Cavaliers stomp the crap out of the Wolves.....

Don't forget about Saturday...the Rockets are in town, and many excellent tickets are still available.

Come on down to the Target center and watch Yao Ming use his 7' 6" height to toy with the Wolves. If you stay long enough, I'm sure Tracy McGrady will set some sort of scoring record in the second half (when the Rockets quit toying and get serious).

Remember, the Wolves have salary cap room for the next draft.....so bring your cash and have some fun!
Chapter 11 Scalper

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Dec 18, 2008
Danny Boy wrote:
Where can I buy tickets?.....
Free on the sidewalk in front of the Target Center...just pick them up and walk in.

“I'm not crying... Winning!”

Since: Oct 08

Twin Cities, USA

#13 Dec 18, 2008
How can we possibly be worse than last season?!

This franchise has turned into the Detroit Lions of the NBA.

If there is any other city out there looking for a "pro" basketball franchise, please feel free to inquire about this team. The only way it can start to get better is with new management.
Spike

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#14 Dec 18, 2008
I think the Wolves are the Detroit Lions of Basketball.....YAAWWWWNN, yet another waste of a season.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#16 Dec 18, 2008
As the marching band goes aimlessly down the boulevard of broken dreams, hopelessly out of tune, the bandmaster blind and wearing ear muffs and the owner of the band saying, "We're heading in the right direction, because I trust the bandmaster.He put this band together. He must know what he is doing!"
Sorry owner Taylor, your band is heading right for 1000 foot cliff with no one trying to stop it's eventual demise.
Richie-Rich

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Dec 18, 2008
You really know your team sucks when the only reason 9 out of 10 people who show up are there to watch the other team. Not only that, but Lebron get's a standing ovation in our house.

Mchale was a heck of a player at the UofM and Boston however, he might go down as one of the worst GM's professional sports has ever seen.
Lawrence of St Paul

Fargo, ND

#18 Dec 18, 2008
Every mistake the Wolves made--the secret Joe Smith deal, releasing Chauncey Billups, not resigning Latrelle Sprewell and Sam Cassell, firing Flip Saunders and Dewayne Casey, trading Kevin Garnett, trading Brandon Roy, trading OJ Mayo, signing Corey Brewer, and signing Marko Jaric has come home to roost. The cupboard is bare. This team just doesn't have any talent. Let them play for Tubby and the Gophers because this roster just isn't NBA worthy.
Mike - Formerly St Paul

Oceanside, CA

#19 Dec 18, 2008
And to think, I was derided by more than a few last spring when I urged 'drafting Mayo and McHale NOT trading him'. Several fans came on the blogs here and said that no, the Wolves did not need more guards, they needed a forward/center.

Then I lampooned the 2nd draft night trade fiasco McHale has engineered in the last few years and several fans came on these pages and said, no I'm wrong, it is a good trade for Wolves.

Well, the results,(after a quarter of the season), are: Mayo will be the all-star I predicted; neither Wolves guard scores as consistently around 20 ppg as Mayo does; Miller and Love COMBINED on many nights are not scoring what Mayo does himself.

Those of you who wanted to keep the guards we had,(which McHale did), should peruse Mayo's stats versus McCant's stats.'Me-Cants-make-a-shot' is more like it.
Irving Washington

Hastings, MN

#20 Dec 18, 2008
Did you see the pass that Lebron sent under the basket? A laser, and the Wolves missed the whole thing. He's an amazing talent
Mike - Formerly St Paul

Oceanside, CA

#21 Dec 18, 2008
The problem is Taylor. Let's face it.
McHale can't have pull off this much lunacy without Taylor's complicity.

Fans should picket the stadium rather than go inside. Maybe they'll get the message to get real basketball management when nobody goes inside the building.

So if any of you have tickets, start organizing it.

Or use the old Saints 'brown-bag-over-the-head' gimmick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Szczerbiak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wally Szczerbiak - nude! (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jann 1
News Cavs: a 'cowardly betrayal' | The Columbus Disp... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Joe 29
News Michael Arace commentary: A trade to bring Shaq... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Keith Strohmeyer 1
News Cleveland Cavaliers fans give it to Charles Bar... (May '09) May '09 Kennyf428 4
News Maybe they should stop this one: Cavaliers on a... (May '09) May '09 joseph 2
News LeBron scores 34 as Cavaliers end long playoff ... (May '09) May '09 eger 3
News Cavaliers: Trade doesn't look likely before dea... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bewitched 2
More from around the web