Pacers' search for talent continues

Pacers' search for talent continues

There are 68 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 30, 2007, titled Pacers' search for talent continues. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

If the NBA season were to begin today, the Eastern Conference landscape would look significantly different than at the end of last season as a result of Thursday's draft.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
HOOCH80

Columbus, IN

#72 Jul 3, 2007
Louisville Pacers wrote:
I am really disappointed in the draft. The Pacers could have taken a point guard instead of some guy they won't see for a few years. It's not like we're loaded with talent, and can afford a player to develop.
Besides, I think we made the development mistake with Bender, and Primo Brezec, who, by the way, is playing for a better Charlotte Bobcats team.
What's the scoop with last year's first rounder? Shawn Williams? Any talent there? From when he played last year, he looked pretty weak.
FREE JERMAINE O'NEAL!!!
Sean Williams has tremendous upside , potential & athleticism...originally last year they thought about seding him down to the D league but as the injuries mounted, he was needed to fill some minutes , toward the end of the year he was showing some potential...I would try to hang on to him , Granger (of course), Ike Diogue , maybe Marquise Daniels..maybe and maybe that PG we got as a consolation gift for taking on the dynamic duo of Murphy/Dunleavy..(the billion dollar babies)& unless you get somebody or sombodies really good and or affordable ..you keep Jermaine...Jermaine just wants to be happy & who can blame him...He IS a good player, just maybe not the leader Reggie was...hard shoes to fill!!!
HOOCH80

Columbus, IN

#73 Jul 3, 2007
ahmad wrote:
Im asking good that we do lose like 70 games next season so we can finally trade JO. He is pissing me off with his stupid fadeaway jumpers. WE need to start Ike DIogu I am hoping that we trade him. If we could get richard jefferson and nenad krisic for him we would be ripping the nets off. Imagine starting jamaal tinsley, RJ, danny granger, ike diogu, and Nenad Kristic. That basically would be like rebuilding with young talent only we wont have to suck for a long time. I would be really mad if this trade doesnt get pulled off. Getting a good player in RJ and an up and coming big man in nenad kristic for JO who is a big man who never really became a very good player and who shoots a worse field goal percentage than Allen Iverson despite being a foot taller would be a rip off being a foot taller.
sorry dude BUT it AIN'T gonna happen
Bulldog

Plainfield, IN

#74 Jul 3, 2007
Move Butler's team to Conseco. They're fun to watch.

Don't the Pacers have a team physician who can change the psych medication dosages for Tinsley & Daniels?
Bulldog

Plainfield, IN

#75 Jul 3, 2007
Sorry, JO isn't leadership material. I'm not saying he's a bad person or anything. You either have a nature for leadership, or you don't -- he don't.

Just because you're a "good" player -- when not injured -- doesn't necessarily mean you should be the team "leader."

So, who should lead the team from a player perspective if not JO? Tinsley - um, no. Sorry, unfortuantly I can't answer that question....

This is the biggest team deficit imo......no leader on the floor; and, not potential leader exists on the Pacer roster (the coach can't do it all.....you need a player-leader too, or you're in deep poo).

Maybe that's why the players are all running around wild (besides being immature and possessing low "emotional intelligence")-- no team leader to be accountable to (?).

Please, someone tell me who should be this team's leader. I ask with all sincerity.
HOOCH80

Columbus, IN

#76 Jul 4, 2007
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Ben Wallace eats things bigger than Artest for a mid-morning snack, that's a battle he wisely avoided.
well I disagree there. Wallace is only 1-2 inches taller than Ron , but I'm pretty sure Ron weighs more with LESS body fat %, Ron is like a mad pit bull...would have been good though...but I guess we'll never know now.(but still is possible..as in they are both still playing so who knows)
HOOCH80

Columbus, IN

#77 Jul 4, 2007
Bulldog wrote:
Sorry, JO isn't leadership material. I'm not saying he's a bad person or anything. You either have a nature for leadership, or you don't -- he don't.
Just because you're a "good" player -- when not injured -- doesn't necessarily mean you should be the team "leader."
So, who should lead the team from a player perspective if not JO? Tinsley - um, no. Sorry, unfortuantly I can't answer that question....
This is the biggest team deficit imo......no leader on the floor; and, not potential leader exists on the Pacer roster (the coach can't do it all.....you need a player-leader too, or you're in deep poo).
Maybe that's why the players are all running around wild (besides being immature and possessing low "emotional intelligence")-- no team leader to be accountable to (?).
Please, someone tell me who should be this team's leader. I ask with all sincerity.
Agreed on all counts. Yes I alluded to the fact JO is not leader material as evidenced last year . As far as someone currently a Pacer leading them , its hard to say without seeing how they are in practice , thats where you'd see who commands attention & or respect and has the mind-set to go along with it.I know Granger is still young (but at the present, is our future)maybe TRY him or maybe they need to try to find someone with that capability in their "search" during free agency...which will probably end with the Pacers staying status quo...fear the worst,hope for the best?
Bulldog

Indianapolis, IN

#78 Jul 4, 2007
HOOCH80 wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed on all counts. Yes I alluded to the fact JO is not leader material as evidenced last year . As far as someone currently a Pacer leading them , its hard to say without seeing how they are in practice , thats where you'd see who commands attention & or respect and has the mind-set to go along with it.I know Granger is still young (but at the present, is our future)maybe TRY him or maybe they need to try to find someone with that capability in their "search" during free agency...which will probably end with the Pacers staying status quo...fear the worst,hope for the best?
Thank you! You make some relevant points. I didn't think of Granger -- hopefully he will grow into a leadership role naturally.

And, yes, I will hope for the best, but am a bit concerned. Unlike some, I actually think Jim O'Brien is going to surprise some people with his ability here in INDIANA!!(watch and see.....)

Thanks for your post.
HOOCH80

Columbus, IN

#79 Jul 4, 2007
Bulldog wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! You make some relevant points. I didn't think of Granger -- hopefully he will grow into a leadership role naturally.
And, yes, I will hope for the best, but am a bit concerned. Unlike some, I actually think Jim O'Brien is going to surprise some people with his ability here in INDIANA!!(watch and see.....)
Thanks for your post.
yes sir I agree there as well there are some (hopefully)Positives & I personally believe O'Brien is the biggest , I he will surprise those who doubt him , I just cant get over the personell decisions from a couple years back to this point , I honestly hope Rush works out but I have alot of doubt about him. Thank you for your post as well , enjoyed it & hopefully this is a turn for the better for our Pacers..(tring to stay Positive here...good day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Szczerbiak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wally Szczerbiak - nude! (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jann 1
News Cavs: a 'cowardly betrayal' | The Columbus Disp... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Joe 29
News Michael Arace commentary: A trade to bring Shaq... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Keith Strohmeyer 1
News Cleveland Cavaliers fans give it to Charles Bar... (May '09) May '09 Kennyf428 4
News Maybe they should stop this one: Cavaliers on a... (May '09) May '09 joseph 2
News LeBron scores 34 as Cavaliers end long playoff ... (May '09) May '09 eger 3
News Cavaliers: Trade doesn't look likely before dea... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bewitched 2
More from around the web