Maxwell apologizes for sexist remark

Maxwell apologizes for sexist remark

There are 6 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 1, 2007, titled Maxwell apologizes for sexist remark. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Boston Celtics radio analyst Cedric Maxwell apologized on the air Wednesday night for saying that a female referee should "go back to the kitchen" after he disagreed with one of her calls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Sunny side up please

Louisville, KY

#1 Mar 1, 2007
And I'll take sausage, not bacon. And go iron my shirt when you're done cleaning up after breakfast.

Funny, funny stuff cornbread.
FOR REAL THO

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Mar 1, 2007
Wear pants and boots, then go to do her hair...
Steve

Spencer, IN

#3 Mar 1, 2007
He should be fired immediately. No questions asked.
Larry

AOL

#4 Mar 1, 2007
Why should Maxwell apologize? The feminists should apologize and return to the kitchen. What they have given us since the 50's is an out of space divorce rate, neglected children, neglected parents, a hugh crime rate and for what. So a women can be a man? What TRASH!
Bill Walsh

Marlborough, MA

#6 Mar 1, 2007
Who is the idiot that blew this all out of text. He did make the comment during a parody of Tom Heinsen and both commentators laughed and imeadiately mentioned how goof of a referee she is. To only take a part of the comments and use them other than in the context they were meant shows how the media can stir up alot of trouble over nothing. And we wonder why some athletes shy away from the media
Robert

Stockton, CA

#8 Mar 1, 2007
What kind of an opology is that?! "If I said anything that might have been offensive..." Is he kidding? He shouldn't be fired but it sure says plenty about his character.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Szczerbiak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wally Szczerbiak - nude! (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jann 1
News Cavs: a 'cowardly betrayal' | The Columbus Disp... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Joe 29
News Michael Arace commentary: A trade to bring Shaq... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Keith Strohmeyer 1
News Cleveland Cavaliers fans give it to Charles Bar... (May '09) May '09 Kennyf428 4
News Maybe they should stop this one: Cavaliers on a... (May '09) May '09 joseph 2
News LeBron scores 34 as Cavaliers end long playoff ... (May '09) May '09 eger 3
News Cavaliers: Trade doesn't look likely before dea... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bewitched 2
More from around the web