Lakers center Bynum learns from forme...

Lakers center Bynum learns from former teammate Brown

There are 9 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 17, 2008, titled Lakers center Bynum learns from former teammate Brown. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Andrew Bynum learned a valuable lesson about playing well near the basket from his friend and former teammate Kwame Brown on Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

garyboy

Philippines

#1 Nov 17, 2008
Need Teamwork each other and exert effort everytime youll played in your Homecourt.Dont Let your fans to become Dry and Dry .But let them smile always !
joecairo

Irvine, CA

#2 Nov 17, 2008
aside from the nearly incomprehensible post that precedes this one, I thought this post underscores a very valuable lesson: sometimes players need to be coached correctly to unveil their talents.

Kwame Brown turned out to be not nearly as much a stiff as he had been portrayed to be. He's got a little game going on and Detroit made a good deal in getting him from Memphis.

Detroit is tough and will only get better as A.I. learns what he's got in front of him.
Jason Platt

Downey, CA

#3 Nov 17, 2008
I agree with joecairo's post. I personally have always been a fan of the way Kwame plays defense and that is using his feet and not going for pump fakes--he reminds me a lot of Elden Campbell (another underappreciated player) in this respect. Actually he would be a much better scorer if he learned to shoot freethrows effectively. Teams know he struggles from the line and therefore foul him repeatedly since almost all of the shots he takes are from close to the basket. If he could learn to shoot a 12-15 foot shot well along with making free throws about 70% or more, he'd be competing for the all-star game in my opinion.
eric

Signal Hill, CA

#4 Nov 17, 2008
The only thing wrong with Kwame Brown is that he was selected No. 1 in the draft by Michael Jordan. He was almost doomed for failure. I'm glad he's doing OK now.
true

Fresno, CA

#5 Nov 17, 2008
GO LAKERS CHAMPS 09
Earl Spangler

United States

#6 Nov 17, 2008
I was very surprised to read in your paper today that Pat Tillman was a marine.How can you do an article on him and not know he was an ARMY RANGER.Doesn't anyone there do their homework?Were you attempting to honor him with your diligence?That's just pitiful.
pwr house

American Samoa

#7 Nov 17, 2008
go lakers
pwr house

American Samoa

#8 Nov 17, 2008
lakers all the way
Dennis Burrows

Nassau, Bahamas

#9 Nov 22, 2008
The Lakers are playing good basketball right now.The team has good chemistry and are playing good defence.They just need to stay focused and work hard and in June they would be WORLD CHAMPONS again.What got my attention was when the lakers had seven days off they made the sacrifice as a team to practice six of those days.That is the things you have to do to be successful and help your team win.Phill Jackson and his coaches and management must be given credit for putting this team together.However,the lakers must not take anything for granted and stay positive.A master stroke was bringinng Lamar Odem off the bench and a healthy Trevor Ariza doing all the intangibles and little things that do not show up in the score book.Lastly, a healthy Andrew Bynum in the middle and Pau Gasol in the power foward and we would put God first and the rest would be History.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vladimir Radmanovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warriors' Andris Biedrins needs to get involved (Jan '11) Feb '11 John 4
News Gordon scores 25 in Clips' 105-91 rout of Warriors (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
News Ellis scores 36, Warriors beat Kings in OT (Dec '10) Dec '10 Reybuenabal 1
News NBA Rumors: The Golden State Warriors Need to T... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Rey Buenabal 1
News Sources: Warriors close to trading Anthony Rand... (Jul '10) Jul '10 AVHS Dad 2
News Golden State Warriors' report card for 2009-10 ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Captain Jack 1
News SHELBURNE: Gasol now just one of the guys (Nov '09) Nov '09 anthony leroy morley 1
More from around the web