Lakers sign Chinese guard Sun

Lakers sign Chinese guard Sun

There are 23 comments on the LA Daily News story from Aug 26, 2008, titled Lakers sign Chinese guard Sun. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

It's official: the Lakers signed Sun Yue on Monday, adding to their depth in the backcourt and increasing their collection of international players.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
popadopolos

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Aug 26, 2008
The Lakers will do great with Sun Yue. He will compliment Kobe and the lakers with his skills. He played great in the Olympics and will do well in the NBA.
manhattan beach dude

Torrance, CA

#2 Aug 26, 2008
wonder if Gasol will sqint his eyse for the team picture with sun?
dave

Wickenburg, AZ

#3 Aug 26, 2008
^
LOL~ inappropriate but funny.
Shinjo

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#4 Aug 26, 2008
Good one MBD, season starts this weekend, are you getting excited for Monday night? We should watch some games together this year.
manhattan beach dude wrote:
wonder if Gasol will sqint his eyse for the team picture with sun?
manhattan beach dude

Torrance, CA

#5 Aug 26, 2008
Shinjo wrote:
Good one MBD, season starts this weekend, are you getting excited for Monday night? We should watch some games together this year.
<quoted text>
Ya I'm pumped, not expecting a lot, but I feel our D should give Tenn a run. we'll see.
Marco Bell

Hesperia, CA

#6 Aug 26, 2008
This is a good signing for the Lakers. I think the Lakers should sign Shaun Livingston. It may cause a log jam at the guard position but they better their chances at getting at least two great guards to play in the front court with Kobe. The Lakers need to start looking at future replacements for Fisher and possibly Bryant (if he decides to go overseas). I also noticed that the Lakers will have some contract issues with Bynum and Odom this year. The wait and see game is a gamble but I hope it pays off. Don't be surprised if the Lakers pull off another mid-season trade. LAKERS will be in the 2009 NBA finals. But who will they play?
Jason

Agoura Hills, CA

#7 Aug 26, 2008
I can already tell you this guys not going to be that great, but he sure will sell alot of Lakers jerseys for Mr Buss in China. Great for the bosses bank account, not so great for the fans....actually he cant be much worse than "Borat" Radmanovic.
Tube

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Aug 26, 2008
Sun Yue is a very nice, underated edition to this team. Phil will love this kid's game. He's smart, unselfish, athletic, can handle, AND play defense. I think it will take him less time than Sasha to get adjusted to the NBA, and his ceiling is MUCH higher than Sasha's.

Phil knows exactly what to do with skilled, big guards (Pippen, Harper) and he'll know how get the most out of this talented kid.
yquiochophilippi nes

Quezon, Philippines

#9 Aug 26, 2008
Sun Yue is a great addition to the LA team considering his ability to play multiple positions...he just have to improve his mid to long range shooting needed in the triangle...Shaun Livingston is also a potential good catch for the Lakers considering his height and experience playing the point...like Sun, he must have to improve his shooting and learn to post up against smaller guards...the possiblity of exploring a trade for marc gasol involving chris mihm and another player should be explored...LA needs wide-bodied physical players if they wish to go past the celtics...Laker's present lineup needs bulk and heft to match with the Hornets (David West), Spurs (Tim Duncan) and the Celtics (Garnett, Perkins, Pierce, Powe, PJ Brown)...the guard position is overcrowded as compared to the thin power forward position...i'm hopeful that the Bynum, Gasol and Odom troika will work out fine...
karlo

Philippines

#10 Aug 27, 2008
it's great to have a point guard like sun.. his a great stabilizer triangle orchestrant

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#11 Aug 27, 2008
Does he speak English so he can sound decent to sponsors and fans during interviews?
smitty t

Orlando, FL

#12 Aug 28, 2008
when will nascar bring in a black man as a driver..
they have it just the way they want it ( All White }
THE HELL WITH NASCAR
Ted

Lebec, CA

#13 Sep 3, 2008
I saw Sun play at ABA , he play smart and good defense , I think he will made the team
jose Recinos

Dallas, TX

#14 Sep 10, 2008
I think the Laker need to trade Omar Odom and somebody more consisten,because Omar when he want to play good he play,but look like he is lacy,the Laker need one good power forward.- other things,I want to comment about Laker and Celtic games,I don't see Koby play like he know how play,look like fix games.????.-

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#15 Sep 10, 2008
Another job taken from an American.
Larry

Parsons, KS

#16 Sep 10, 2008
I bet he has aquinty eyes.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#17 Sep 14, 2008
Larry wrote:
I bet he has aquinty eyes.
Is that even a word?

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#18 Sep 14, 2008
jose Recinos wrote:
I think the Laker need to trade Omar Odom and somebody more consisten,because Omar when he want to play good he play,but look like he is lacy,the Laker need one good power forward.- other things,I want to comment about Laker and Celtic games,I don't see Koby play like he know how play,look like fix games.????.-
Dude what are You talking about the Lakers have a good PF is Pau.
Odom will be just fine in his new role of Small foward.
Another thing KB had problems with Boston cause, simply Boston had a more mature and better all around team,next season the Lakers will be a better squad with the addition of Bynum and Ariza to the team, people they didn't have in the last finals.
Plus Boston would not be the same team either they already lost some of their key players.
If they meet again the out come could be different since and undermen Lakers' team took them to 6 games a fulls squad may beat them for sure.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#19 Sep 14, 2008
Ted wrote:
I saw Sun play at ABA , he play smart and good defense , I think he will made the team
I think he is bound for the Defenders squad same with the other rookies.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#20 Sep 14, 2008
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
Does he speak English so he can sound decent to sponsors and fans during interviews?
Dude, I don't think KB speaks Chinesse and he does great in China with sponsors, so don't worry beside they have him to get the support of the Chinesse community in L.A. he will be good player some day, but right now is all about Marketing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vladimir Radmanovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warriors' Andris Biedrins needs to get involved (Jan '11) Feb '11 John 4
News Gordon scores 25 in Clips' 105-91 rout of Warriors (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
News Ellis scores 36, Warriors beat Kings in OT (Dec '10) Dec '10 Reybuenabal 1
News NBA Rumors: The Golden State Warriors Need to T... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Rey Buenabal 1
News Sources: Warriors close to trading Anthony Rand... (Jul '10) Jul '10 AVHS Dad 2
News Golden State Warriors' report card for 2009-10 ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Captain Jack 1
News SHELBURNE: Gasol now just one of the guys (Nov '09) Nov '09 anthony leroy morley 1
More from around the web