Lakers expected to give Walton anothe...

Lakers expected to give Walton another start tonight

There are 35 comments on the LA Daily News story from Dec 12, 2008, titled Lakers expected to give Walton another start tonight. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Sweat poured from Luke Walton's brow after a competitive game of 3-on-3 followed by a set of shooting drills Thursday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CeeGee

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Dec 12, 2008
The Lakers had better wake up and look at the teams who are also sporting a good record. The Celtics and the Cavs are playing DEFENSE! That's what's going to win games PERIOD!!! Stop offering players a clear lane to the basket and for heaven's sake, know where the heck you're supposed to be on defense! Stick to their man! Don't double team until you see that your teammate can't do it alone. Man, they better come out tonight playing like they want some revenge for that butt whipping Sacto put on them at Staples. Then, they need to watch some tapes of Boston and Cleveland and see what they're gonna be up against Xmas and MLK day. Yall ain't Iverson ... you need to PRACTICE!!!!
CeeGee

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Dec 12, 2008
Correction to my previous post "....that butt whipping Sacto put on them at their place."
Luis

Englewood, CO

#23 Dec 12, 2008
Phil is a great coach but it does seem like he's playing a little mind games with his team. I say you start Odom A the fact tht he runs the floor very well for a 6 10 player. He is also a good defender not to say that Luke and Vlade aint but wit him and Kobe on the floor there could be some damage done. Odom also runs the triangle offense good aswell. He should be one of those at the top of the spot light. He come's off the bench and averages 7rebs a game almost imagine starting. That's 3 in the lineup that can average 10rebs. And if u dont start Odom than I say Luke is a good fit. He's a good passer and a solid defender. As for Kobe there's no reason why you can't average 30pts and 10ast. You need to hold the ball more and just look make the defense come to you and hit the open man. Or atleast 7ast. Your rebounding good i dont expect yo to grab 10rebs with two 7footers on your team. And guys you need to upet on defense we letting other teams get to close. I dont know how the kings beat us but we aint gonna win a championship playing like that. We got a great team we just gotta get it to gether and think championship every game. And get back at boston this christmas and in the championship beacuse right now thats who it looks like yo guys are gonna be facing. Bynum just get your defense really straight you and Gasol shouldnt let anybody in the paint and let any rebounds go. Just punch all the shots that come in dont even think about it just think ooooo i see the ball thats mine like it was the trophy. We got this lets get it to gether we doing a good job but we should be doing better. Thanks for your attention. P.S Luis Angel Aguirre from N.Y.
Luis

Englewood, CO

#24 Dec 12, 2008
Sorry to bother again but i was thinking and you know what Kobe we need the 02-03 Kobe. Think about the player you were there and and the all around game u had that season. It was honestly your best season even with your 81pt game season or your two 30pt seasons that was the passing defending rebounding scoring Kobe and you also had a better 3pt percentage.And we also need the 06-07 Luke. And for you Odom we need the Odom we got that was hard to hold at your size the one that had a good pasing game and could hit 3s and take it to the basket get to the foul line.Lets do what it takes to win a chip.
mark Joseph Deloso

Cagayan De Oro, Philippines

#25 Dec 12, 2008
IM AN AVID LAKERS FAN.LAKERS ARE GREAT TEAM RIGHT NOW BUT SOMETIMES THEY LACK OF DEFENSE AND THE BEST WAYFOR THE LAKERS IS TRADE CHRI MIMH,LUKE WALTON,DJ MBENGA,& ODOM FOR RASHEED WALLACE OR GET AMRE STODAmire if possible in order to get the crown and lakers rulez!gudluck and go lakers!
Lakers my team

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Dec 12, 2008
Do you want to see fire or do you want to win it all at the end of the season????, If the Lakers play with the fire that the Celtics play with here on the west coast the Lakers would not be healthy at the end of the season, You would see Boston players starting to go on the DL and going to be playing hurt come playoff time its hard to play like that the whole season, so let them play with fire and try tobe the best for now, Look people we are 6 games on top in the pacific standings the Lakers are doing one thing at a time and at this time they are winning the Pacific..........
GLAD IT AINT MY MONEY

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Dec 12, 2008
Let's just kick SACTO'S butt tonight and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Go Lakers!
Aubrey

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Dec 12, 2008
GO LUUKE
rex

Teresa, Philippines

#29 Dec 12, 2008
lakers need to play defense. that's the most important thing.
rex

Teresa, Philippines

#30 Dec 12, 2008
they have ingredients of guys who can play good defense. i would want their defensive couch to tell the team keep practicing bout defense. thats what they need. be back in California jan 9th. go lakers...
Luke

Sun City, CA

#31 Dec 12, 2008
If luke plays like this a couple of game like this he will get more playing time.
KIMBALL

Manila, Philippines

#32 Dec 12, 2008
i think kobe bryant should play more time even with a big lead.
KIMBALL

Manila, Philippines

#33 Dec 12, 2008
kobe should play longer minutes and vlad should return to the starting 5 bcuz he can shoot 3's
lakersparin

Philippines

#34 Dec 12, 2008
The best five for Lakers in the end could be Odom, Kobe, Ariza, Pau, Bynum. With Odom taking the point guard. Use that height advantage.
Ranchowinswithde fense

United States

#35 Dec 12, 2008
Kobe is out of gas and the season has just begun. Kobe is a one man team that shoots 30% and will never be a team player. The Celtics have chemistry, attitude and talent all around. They are already polishing the next trophy. Lakers STINK up LA.. SHAQ was the man that brought the trophies to LA and KObe was just along for the ride.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vladimir Radmanovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warriors' Andris Biedrins needs to get involved (Jan '11) Feb '11 John 4
News Gordon scores 25 in Clips' 105-91 rout of Warriors (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
News Ellis scores 36, Warriors beat Kings in OT (Dec '10) Dec '10 Reybuenabal 1
News NBA Rumors: The Golden State Warriors Need to T... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Rey Buenabal 1
News Sources: Warriors close to trading Anthony Rand... (Jul '10) Jul '10 AVHS Dad 2
News Golden State Warriors' report card for 2009-10 ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Captain Jack 1
News SHELBURNE: Gasol now just one of the guys (Nov '09) Nov '09 anthony leroy morley 1
More from around the web