Lakers expected to give Walton anothe...

Lakers expected to give Walton another start tonight

There are 35 comments on the LA Daily News story from Dec 12, 2008, titled Lakers expected to give Walton another start tonight. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Sweat poured from Luke Walton's brow after a competitive game of 3-on-3 followed by a set of shooting drills Thursday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dan2005ph

Baku, Azerbaijan

#1 Dec 12, 2008
i prefer luke over vlade when it comes to starting for simple reassons that luke is more creative and can pass better. However, it would not matter much anyway as the team is laden with talent and therein lies the problem of giving playing time to theses talent to amke them happy and avoid being restless on the pine.
Not in Kansas

San Jose, CA

#2 Dec 12, 2008
Phil Jackson is one of the very few coaches in professional sports who has the "huevos" to tell a snot-nosed 19 year old (Bynum) that he is just a kid who doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. Way to go Phil!
Tim

Hartsville, SC

#3 Dec 12, 2008
Jackson should spend more time coaching these guys up instead of playing his mind games with his players, and running his mouth to the press.
Jethro

Three Rivers, MI

#4 Dec 12, 2008
Start Lamar
Mighty Pilot Fan

Pooler, GA

#5 Dec 12, 2008
No starting of Lamar, he is better off the bench. As far as mind games it's what garners the best out of the players. As for Bynum, young should be a bully in the middle, he wants to score 20 and get 20 rebounds, but he also needs to put some fear to the young guards coming his way. Knock them down hard to let them know it is not a free ride if you come my way. Shaq, whom I dislike but that is another story, does it every so often so that it gets playtime on ESPN. Every NBA player will see it and have fear instilled in then about come down the lane. There are exceptions, like KOBE. GO LAKERS GO!
Kane

United States

#6 Dec 12, 2008
It looks like not all is well in LaLa Land. They need to play as a team, like the mighty Celtics!
nmkkkk

East Aurora, NY

#7 Dec 12, 2008
jkb
jas392

Ithaca, NY

#8 Dec 12, 2008
I kind of agree with Jethro.

If you're not going to put Vlade in there to spread the floor, then why not go with Lamar at that position? I mean, they never really gave the Gasol-Bynum-Odom approach much of a chance except maybe two games in the preseason and Lamar is clearly not as effective off the bench.

I do like that Luke is getting more time though - he deserves it.
GLAD IT AINT MY MONEY

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Dec 12, 2008
PJ = Coach of Lakers

Lakers = 18-3 nuff said
F Perez

United States

#10 Dec 12, 2008
Bynum is playing good but he needs to defend the basket , he needs to play better defence i don't have any boubt that he is going to get better but at this time he is not 100% ready.
F Perez

United States

#11 Dec 12, 2008
I agree with jas392, Jackson needs to star Odom, but then again will be no body strong enough like odom to come of the bench, am sure Phill knows what he is doing, maybe Powell could be Odoms back up power forward, he is ok. GO LAAAAAKEEEEERSSSSS.
george

UAE

#12 Dec 12, 2008
lakers must play thier defense other wise they will lose to a bad or great team..and they also must protect thier lead as much as possible in 4th quarter and use thier mind instinct use some clock if they have a big lead..kobe bring your intensity in every game because you are the leader in this young team..you don't need to score 40 pts a game if all players rotate the ball very well and execute the game plan down the strecth theirs no way you lose a ball game
bean forbidden wonder

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Dec 12, 2008
18-3, good job lakers look to next game
LATHANI AT YAHOO COM

United States

#14 Dec 12, 2008
I Tink somthing was needed and this was it in order to win there must be somekind of defense. Vlad's a good player but he becomes confused some times it seems. If Odem had Vlad's shooting we would be a very difficult team. Also wake up Odom you are better than you are playing. This is the LAKERS time!!!!!!!!!! We are
going to show them what we can do. Also KOBE you are great but be a
little more determine to win on the court. You are better than that. Let every night guys be like the finals games.
Val

United States

#15 Dec 12, 2008
your an idiot Kane!!!!! your the one in la la land fool,... LAKERS got this!!!! maybe Celtics should start thinking of what to do next year ...mmmmmmmm... maybe the Riverdance tour!!!!
jjballa

Paramount, CA

#16 Dec 12, 2008
Bynam is wack... demanding playin time like that, who does he think he is? Lebrone James, Jordan, Allen Iverson? first grow some facial hair (hes like 19) then start demanding things from a NBA team.
Pauline

Stittsville, Canada

#17 Dec 12, 2008
I think Kobe needs to step up more . I am definitely not seeing much from him. I wish the Kobe that we all love to watch play would return he needs to play in the paint more. I just feel he is not doing much. Those games that Lakers lost was just the team being lazy and not fighting hard enough. Look at the Cavaliers and the celtics they give all the got. Please Lakers do something do not swap balls with the other team defend. Another thing stop playing with the ball and cost turn over
eno

Sanger, CA

#18 Dec 12, 2008
Whats up with Kobe ....is there something else on his mind ... sleep walking...or what ..look at the celtics they have fire in them ... they are always cheering for one another all the way to the end ... wake up lakers and follow the champs ...and come June dethrown them.. Go Lakers!
eno

Sanger, CA

#19 Dec 12, 2008
Kane... u are an i d i o t....
PHIL

Picacho, AZ

#20 Dec 12, 2008
I guess this is PHIL being PHIL, he thinks he is bigger than the team! RETIRE PLEASE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vladimir Radmanovic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warriors' Andris Biedrins needs to get involved (Jan '11) Feb '11 John 4
News Gordon scores 25 in Clips' 105-91 rout of Warriors (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
News Ellis scores 36, Warriors beat Kings in OT (Dec '10) Dec '10 Reybuenabal 1
News NBA Rumors: The Golden State Warriors Need to T... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Rey Buenabal 1
News Sources: Warriors close to trading Anthony Rand... (Jul '10) Jul '10 AVHS Dad 2
News Golden State Warriors' report card for 2009-10 ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Captain Jack 1
News SHELBURNE: Gasol now just one of the guys (Nov '09) Nov '09 anthony leroy morley 1
More from around the web