KRIKORIAN: West makes his pick: Laker...

KRIKORIAN: West makes his pick: Lakers will win this time

There are 60 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from May 31, 2010, titled KRIKORIAN: West makes his pick: Lakers will win this time. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Jerry West is on the line Monday morning from his home in Bel Air, and the person responsible for bringing Kobe Bryant to Los Angeles says: The Lakers will beat the Boston Celtics this time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Re-Run

Redondo Beach, CA

#1 Jun 1, 2010
Read this two years ago, except for the middle paragraph about the result and the change in age of Mr. West. I love when you dig up these old articles. It's like stumbling across an old Ozzie and Harriet or Leave It To Beaver on Nick at Night.
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#2 Jun 1, 2010
Re-Run wrote:
Read this two years ago, except for the middle paragraph about the result and the change in age of Mr. West. I love when you dig up these old articles. It's like stumbling across an old Ozzie and Harriet or Leave It To Beaver on Nick at Night.
Oh with that name , I thought you were the Locker dancing fat guy.
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#3 Jun 1, 2010
Henry Pascale

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2010
go Lakers....will win in 5games.
Rene

Bellflower, CA

#6 Jun 1, 2010
Henry Pascale wrote:
go Lakers....will win in 5games.
I hope they either win in 4 or lose in 4 (preferably lose)- the sooner this season is over the better.

Gawd how I hate Basketball and all the prima donna players and their fat salaries.

I used to like the lakers, back in the Kareem, Johnson, Worthy, Rambis days - Basketball was a team sport then - now it's nothing but a bunch of pig-headed, overpaid, obnoxious, fan-beating idiots trying to out-slam dunk each other every game.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#7 Jun 1, 2010
Rene wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they either win in 4 or lose in 4 (preferably lose)- the sooner this season is over the better.
Gawd how I hate Basketball and all the prima donna players and their fat salaries.
I used to like the lakers, back in the Kareem, Johnson, Worthy, Rambis days - Basketball was a team sport then - now it's nothing but a bunch of pig-headed, overpaid, obnoxious, fan-beating idiots trying to out-slam dunk each other every game.
While I understand your frustration and some things are definitely too ghetto for national consumption, what do you want after the season is over. Please don't tell me

BASEBALL
*162 games (about 100 games too long)
*Team out of contention with more than two months left in the season
*The VERY MOST inflated salaries in major sports (reward a mediocre pitcher a $6 million dollar contract for going 10-15)
*The biggest p*ssies in sports (put him on the 21 day disabled he hurt his pinkie)
*Woosies need to "juice" up to get things done
*Such a slow pace that 90 year old men can still keep pace with the every boring play-by-play
*No time limit on the game (idiots can step out of the batter's box at as many times as they want)
*No time limit on the game (should be two fouls and you are out)

For any faults you find in the NBA, I think the national past(it's)time is so boring I would rather watch golf highlights!
LB res

Long Beach, CA

#8 Jun 1, 2010
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text> While I understand your frustration and some things are definitely too ghetto for national consumption, what do you want after the season is over. Please don't tell me
BASEBALL
*162 games (about 100 games too long)
*Team out of contention with more than two months left in the season
*The VERY MOST inflated salaries in major sports (reward a mediocre pitcher a $6 million dollar contract for going 10-15)
*The biggest p*ssies in sports (put him on the 21 day disabled he hurt his pinkie)
*Woosies need to "juice" up to get things done
*Such a slow pace that 90 year old men can still keep pace with the every boring play-by-play
*No time limit on the game (idiots can step out of the batter's box at as many times as they want)
*No time limit on the game (should be two fouls and you are out)
For any faults you find in the NBA, I think the national past(it's)time is so boring I would rather watch golf highlights!
Ditto that, except you don't think that the "woosies" in the NFL don't juice up? Why in 1967 the biggest lineman in the league was Sherman Plunkett at 320 lbs. and now that is "too light" and the average college lineman checks in at 3 1/2 bills. Must be the water, huh?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#9 Jun 1, 2010
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text> While I understand your frustration and some things are definitely too ghetto for national consumption, what do you want after the season is over. Please don't tell me
BASEBALL
*162 games (about 100 games too long)
*Team out of contention with more than two months left in the season
*The VERY MOST inflated salaries in major sports (reward a mediocre pitcher a $6 million dollar contract for going 10-15)
*The biggest p*ssies in sports (put him on the 21 day disabled he hurt his pinkie)
*Woosies need to "juice" up to get things done
*Such a slow pace that 90 year old men can still keep pace with the every boring play-by-play
*No time limit on the game (idiots can step out of the batter's box at as many times as they want)
*No time limit on the game (should be two fouls and you are out)
For any faults you find in the NBA, I think the national past(it's)time is so boring I would rather watch golf highlights!
LMAO. go lakers, go city of LA & go bruins.
Bosox85

United States

#10 Jun 1, 2010
Celtics are going to "Beat LA"...AGAIN! And in 7 games...no one should be so confident in the Finals this year. Both teams are too good.
LB res

Long Beach, CA

#11 Jun 1, 2010
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. go lakers, go city of LA & go bruins.
"Go city of LA." So why exclude the Trojans, Dodgers, Kings, Clippers, Sparks, Galaxy...?
JAH

Australia

#12 Jun 1, 2010
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text> While I understand your frustration and some things are definitely too ghetto for national consumption, what do you want after the season is over. Please don't tell me
BASEBALL
*162 games (about 100 games too long)
*Team out of contention with more than two months left in the season
*The VERY MOST inflated salaries in major sports (reward a mediocre pitcher a $6 million dollar contract for going 10-15)
*The biggest p*ssies in sports (put him on the 21 day disabled he hurt his pinkie)
*Woosies need to "juice" up to get things done
*Such a slow pace that 90 year old men can still keep pace with the every boring play-by-play
*No time limit on the game (idiots can step out of the batter's box at as many times as they want)
*No time limit on the game (should be two fouls and you are out)
For any faults you find in the NBA, I think the national past(it's)time is so boring I would rather watch golf highlights!
Idiots like this should keep quiet about things they are too stupid to understand. NBA players are by far the biggest pussys in all sports, have you ever seen a fight in an NBA game ? They look like giant 7th grade girls trying to pull hair, at least baseball players throw punches.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#13 Jun 1, 2010
LB res wrote:
<quoted text>
"Go city of LA." So why exclude the Trojans, Dodgers, Kings, Clippers, Sparks, Galaxy...?
oops, i forgot go chargers.
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#14 Jun 1, 2010
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
oops, i forgot go chargers.
I second that
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#15 Jun 1, 2010
JAH wrote:
<quoted text>Idiots like this should keep quiet about things they are too stupid to understand. NBA players are by far the biggest pussys in all sports, have you ever seen a fight in an NBA game ? They look like giant 7th grade girls trying to pull hair, at least baseball players throw punches.
I tell you what..7th grade girls that they are. Shaq wouldn't even have to throw a pinky at you. Let him just fall on you and you tell me where you end up. Better yet,stand still and lets see a guy like Carlos Boozer take just one swipe at you. 7th grade girl uh? Go to bed and sleep.
JAH

Australia

#16 Jun 1, 2010
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>I tell you what..7th grade girls that they are. Shaq wouldn't even have to throw a pinky at you. Let him just fall on you and you tell me where you end up. Better yet,stand still and lets see a guy like Carlos Boozer take just one swipe at you. 7th grade girl uh? Go to bed and sleep.
Save it Sammantha, your opinion means less to me then that of a dog. I'll go to sleep when I feel like it old man.
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#17 Jun 1, 2010
JAH wrote:
<quoted text>Save it Sammantha, your opinion means less to me then that of a dog. I'll go to sleep when I feel like it old man.
The name is Sammy.Bafoon. Please do us all a favor when and if you decide to go to sleep that you never wake up.
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#18 Jun 1, 2010
JAH wrote:
<quoted text>Save it Sammantha, your opinion means less to me then that of a dog. I'll go to sleep when I feel like it old man.
Better yet , I noticed you kept your clappers shut regarding my comment. You know full well, one shot to your chops and your done. See if you ever return here after even one of my blows up dside your head.
JAH

Australia

#19 Jun 1, 2010
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Better yet , I noticed you kept your clappers shut regarding my comment. You know full well, one shot to your chops and your done. See if you ever return here after even one of my blows up dside your head.
Ok Sammantha, I understand that most NBA players are very large, but being large doesnt mean that you are tough, even an ignorant canuck from Canada should be able to understand that, a ? BTW, I am 6 foot 4, 250lbs, and have been a cage fighter for the last 6 years, I would beat the sht out of Shaq and Boozer.
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#20 Jun 1, 2010
JAH wrote:
<quoted text>Ok Sammantha, I understand that most NBA players are very large, but being large doesnt mean that you are tough, even an ignorant canuck from Canada should be able to understand that, a ? BTW, I am 6 foot 4, 250lbs, and have been a cage fighter for the last 6 years, I would beat the sht out of Shaq and Boozer.
First off moron. You always seem to use countries as your best defense when quite frankly its your worse. Secondly you do realize if you want to get political here that we are the same commonwealth only the monarchy threw all the criminals on to boat destined for Australia.So without certainty you already have a criminal mind. Thirdly every bafoon says they are 6ft 4 250lbs, I have yet to read the day when a troll actually can admit that they are 4ft 11 110lbs and a prized kung fu artist. So stop with the make belief fairy tails and come clean .
Lastly monkeys like you shouldn't be fighting in a cage , you should be living in one.
Shelley

Long Beach, CA

#21 Jun 1, 2010
GOOOOOOOOOO LAKERS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vlade Divac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clutch shooting in NBA not for the shy types (Feb '13) Feb '13 mal2991 1
News What if: Kobe Bryant in Celtics green (Feb '13) Feb '13 Sammy 3
News BONSIGNORE: It's far-fetched, but Lakers could ... (Mar '10) Mar '10 zac26 51
News Commentary: Could L.A. throne be fit for a King? (Mar '10) Mar '10 jay 7
News LAKERS: James on Lakers? Anything is possible (Mar '10) Mar '10 some one 9
News Legendary NBA rookie prank (May '09) May '09 Jazz 1
News Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference finals wa... (Jun '08) Feb '09 jon 6
More from around the web