Del Negro the authority on Bulls' lin...

Del Negro the authority on Bulls' lineup changes

There are 35 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 6, 2008, titled Del Negro the authority on Bulls' lineup changes. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

For the second straight day, Vinny Del Negro said both he's contemplating lineup changes and that his "door is always open." The two notions aren't mutually exclusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#21 Nov 7, 2008
Scott,
You do realize that Paxson has signed every single player on this team. He is incapable of building a NBA caliber team that can compete 4 a title. Paxson has not signed, drafted or developed a single NBA all-star in his 6 seasons here. That says a great deal. He has not made a single trade that has improved this team.
Now Wait a Minute

Munster, IN

#22 Nov 7, 2008
As long as Gordon is on the team, the Bulls will be losers- period. He is the most selfish player in not letting the more intelligent and gifted teammate run the offense.
mjh

Harwood Heights, IL

#23 Nov 7, 2008
start gray, noah is a toothpick, gooden is not a center. everytime noah goes up for a rebound i worry hes gonna get snaped in half, and even when he gets the rebound he gets it stolen or looses it out of bounds

Since: Aug 08

Springfield, IL

#24 Nov 7, 2008
Sam Smith stated today: "Now as for Thomas, I think we can all agree that (drafting him) was a mistake." He also said Noah isn't strong enough to be out on the floor with bigger guys. What exactly does this say about John Paxson's ability to draft? Aaron Gray then in the middle since Gooden's not a true center, except Aaron is one of the worst one on one defenders to come along in some time. He's a walking foul/three point play waiting to happen. My guess is Paxson will last out the season, and then when the chickens have undeniably come home to roost, he'll be gone. Since defense is apparently a foreign word now for the Bulls, perhaps we should just go with an all offensive team.

Nocioni Gooden Deng

Rose Hughes

with Hinrich, Gordon off the bench and Thomas and Noah as fillers during rest time for starters. Finally, for the love of god if they're going to run the pick and roll at all which should be the bread and butter for a legit point guard(Rose) then tell the lump setting the pick to GO TO THE FRICKEN BASKET. This failure and the poor interior 'D' have really dissapointed me with Vinny so far.
gimme yo money

Lincolnshire, IL

#25 Nov 7, 2008
VDN better start listening to players and fans. Upper management is incapable of making any good decisions as evidenced by the current mess. Don't start thowing the "I'm the coach and what I say, goes" card just yet, rookie.
The starting lineup should logically be:
Rose
Gordon
Deng
Tyrus/Gooden
Noah
That gives them the speed to play uptempo. They need to come out of the gates running since they are unable to come from behind when they are too far in a hole.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#26 Nov 7, 2008
A head coach in trouble after 5 games.
terry t

United States

#27 Nov 7, 2008
the sooner del negro figures out the starting line-up, that will be the first step. he's only giving guys a fair chance. of course, these guys wont have a lot of time to impress. these guys will have to s### or get off the pot quickly. we don't have time to be patient with any one player. either you play good or you ride the bench. no favoritism, hinrich in particular, no second string guy like nocioni jacking up unauthorized shot after shot and missing. he is not vinnie johnson. put the best players out there and go.
dirty bong water

Chicago, IL

#28 Nov 7, 2008
this is going to be a very long year.

one of the worse rosters in the league.

pax along with vinnie are clueless.
Seattle Mike

Pittsburgh, PA

#29 Nov 7, 2008
Lets face it, this team is going nowhere this year. The pieces just aren't there no matter what lineup is on the floor. This is going to be like an extended preseason. Rose will get his feet wet in the NBA. Unrestricted Free Agent, BG will depart for "greener" pastures, therefore cut his minutes drastically. Keep the hard working,'team' players which show some growth, then package/trade all the rest (that you can), including a high draft choice that the Bulls are sure to get.
Fred Warren

Seven Mile, OH

#30 Nov 7, 2008
Guys, the bulls are not going to make a trade. They are playing for a lottery pick. Pax has cover that Freshmen kid from USC for 2 years now. Derrick Rose is ask to carry a team on his back....think about it! The players know it
this poll makes no sense

Waukegan, IL

#31 Nov 7, 2008
how can you bench sefolosha for nocioni. he doesn't play the guard.
mel

United States

#33 Nov 7, 2008
ChangeTheBulls wrote:
Jumpshot after jumpshot after jumpshot after jumpshot after jumpshot...when is this going to stop? Are there minds messed up or are they too stubborn? I love the Bulls but drastic changes has to be made,'cause oppopents are just laughing at them it seems like every game, and it's getting painful to watch.
I don't mind the jumpshots it they're open but how many can Hinrich, Deng, and Thomas miss during a game. The point is to work for an open jumpshot and make them. On the road, this team can't hit the Pacific or the Atlantic Oceans with their shooting. Each player should have a minimum shooting percentage in their contract.
It's the only way to go after watching Kirk Hinrich "klank" and "klank" and "klank."
Va2Chi

Jonesborough, TN

#34 Nov 7, 2008
HELLO!!! The offense needs to start with D. Rose that's it. The players need to stop being selfish and and past the torch to the #1 pick.
BullySixChicago

United States

#35 Nov 7, 2008
Jim Bob wrote:
So far this season, the Bulls look out of sync. I just don't like the combination of players they have--a lot of parts and pieces that just don't seem to go together. First of all , they need to change the starting lineup to a group that fits together better-- Rose, Gordon, Deng, Gooden and Noah. Subs should be in order: Noce for Gooden, Hughes for Gordon, Heinrich for Rose, Sefolosa for Deng and Gray for Noah. Bench Thomas, he is killing the Bulls. Unfortunately, he has turned out to be a bust. Let's face it , he just doesn't have it. With all this said , Pax really needs to make a major trade to get things right. And please, demand that everybody, including Gordon, should let Rose run the team, period. If they won't listen, bench em.
I dont think their is any question about who is running this team Its Rose and the other players know this. What the Bulls need is offense and Thabo is not the answer at 2 guard. Gordon would be best at 2 guard deng at 3 goden and noah Thomas whew an has he bit the dust it seems that he has done nothing to improve on offense and his idea about what to do on offense is just staggering he sees to just kinds just shoot where ever he gets the ball, I ean should he not be able to attack the basket with some authority. with hughes hurt you can ake him out of the scene right now and noce for gooden please noce in for 71 million dollar an who is also stinking up the floor
Mike B in LZ

AOL

#36 Nov 7, 2008
I loved the move when Paxson was hired as GM. I thought he did a great job the first couple of years. Signing Ben Wallace totally destroyed everything the Bulls had been building. That was the worst possible move Pax could have made. Now the team is full of malcontents that have no heart or desire. They'll be lucky to win 30 games this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vinny Del Negro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Del Negro reaches deal to coach Clippers (Jul '10) Jul '10 Weird Guy 4
News Can't let focus falter (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 122
News Noah trying to harness his energy (Oct '08) Feb '09 gonzo 7
News Bulls work to carry winning road show to United... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 166
News Drew Gooden upbeat about return to Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 13
News Bulls' Joakim Noah feeling more comfortable on ... (Jan '09) Feb '09 Nada Surf 31
News Good vibes for Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 56
More from around the web