Del Negro the authority on Bulls' lineup changes

Full story: Chicago Tribune

For the second straight day, Vinny Del Negro said both he's contemplating lineup changes and that his "door is always open." The two notions aren't mutually exclusive.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jim Bob

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

So far this season, the Bulls look out of sync. I just don't like the combination of players they have--a lot of parts and pieces that just don't seem to go together. First of all , they need to change the starting lineup to a group that fits together better-- Rose, Gordon, Deng, Gooden and Noah. Subs should be in order: Noce for Gooden, Hughes for Gordon, Heinrich for Rose, Sefolosa for Deng and Gray for Noah. Bench Thomas, he is killing the Bulls. Unfortunately, he has turned out to be a bust. Let's face it , he just doesn't have it. With all this said , Pax really needs to make a major trade to get things right. And please, demand that everybody, including Gordon, should let Rose run the team, period. If they won't listen, bench em.

Since: Oct 08

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

This is a developmental season; an experimental season. That's the only reason Thomas has been starting. Eventually they'll swap Thomas for Noah and start Gooden at the 4. They'll be juggling the lineup all season. The only constant will be Rose because they know Bulls fans will be patient with him. Pax has put together a mis-matched team with gaping holes in it and now he's trying to buy time with Rose. This is going to be frustrating season.
Michael P Coy

Montgomery, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Start Gordon Stupid! Bench Thomas for Noah! There is no reason for allowing this team to lose playing your same stupid lineup
MN Catalano

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

I think VDN is doing well. He's been asked to succeed where other's ( way more experienced ) have NOT. He will not either. Too bad too. He seems a Good Guy. The ultimate PROBLEM remains with ownership. Big-Fat Daddy, Jerry R. IS THE ULTIMATE PROBLEM. This, Rich, Fat, Fart doesn't care if this team wins, OR NOT, as he has the seats filled, for years to come. THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. An owner who doesn't enjoy the THRILL of Victory, only wants the $$$$$$$.
jim

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

He MN Catalano, talk, especially your talk is cheap. I don't agree with your assessment of the Jerry R at all.
The Bulls and White Sox have had years of good teams, and will be great again.
But the draft picks over the past 8 years really deserves
criticism, when you think the Bulls have had several, 2-3 or more chances to take a marque player and chose the likes most recently of Thomas, Noah. Something should be done about the evalaution system, not just going on guts. Look at Thomas, sure he can jump and block shots, but LOOK at him, and then look at the Portland players. How can you not see a difference, with the Blazers Roy and the other forward seeming to be more complete players.
DeShawn

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Sounds like a mutiny in the making. Dang, Hinwreck, Nocioni, the Joker, Gunner Gordon, Tyrus the Regressor and Larry Give me the Ball Hughes are one big happy family. Who explodes first. my money is on the kid. Time to blow the team up.
Juice

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

When are the Bulls going to trade Kirk Hinrich, Andres Nocioni, Larry Hughes, oh lets not forget the guy we won’t give up for Kobe Bryant (Luol Deng). Ok John Paxson lets overpaid for these overrated players. Are you kidding me who were you bidding against when you gave Hinrich, Nocioni and Deng those contracts. Hey John, I know you’re an expert but as a fan even I could see that Loul Deng is soft, has no handles and cannot create his own shot. He will never command a double team. And Kirk Hinrich never does anything bad if you listen to the telecast. All he does is dribble in space without going anywhere. He is soft, never gets into the paint and as a so called point guard never makes any good passes. Oh he plays hard, lets overpaid him but not pay Ben Gordan. Are you kidding me he is your best player besides Derrick Rose.
Augustus

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Thabo, stop with the pump-faking already. Nobody is buying it. Rose needs a scoring sidekick. Oposing defenders are not even paying attention to Thabo.
Alex

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Come on, get real.

Rose, Gordon, Hughes, Gooden and Deng are the best the Bulls have to offer the fans. They can put the ball in the basket and have speed..........

The rest should be flushed starting with No-Shot Noah and the attack killing circle dribbling Capt Klank Hinrich !!

Too bad that Sefolasha & Thomas have regressed and the the NBA is not kindergarten....

Dump the chump Paxson before he digs a deeper hole..........
John

Lincolnwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Mad pax is not going anywhere, he is jerrys love child. I love pax for getting us out of krause era, but pax has not made the big trade, I think he is scared to make a wrong trade, but he doesnt mind making the wrong draft choices and giving the wrong players extensions. I will always love the bulls and if it was not for lebron coming to town I would not go to a game till I see players who care and who want to play this game. Basketball us losing fans at an alarming rate and its no surprise with the attitude of these players. Till the bulls make a trade mad pax will play scientist and continue to observe his failed experiments.
nordis

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

sorry folks but thomas will never be good. also this is really getting ridiculous we seriously have to trade one of our guards, there's limited playing time as there is, imagine what happens when hughes comes back...
monroe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

You have a coach that put the team in the hands of a rookie point guard, with poor shooting skills, in a spread offense. Then complain that they can't score. Teams simply pack the lane, an prevent your big guys from getting the ball in scoring position. Until Rose or someone else who has the ball, can command double teams, nothing will change.
American First

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

I like the new coaches focus on what he want's to do. When he gets a more dominate powerful Inside Game.,i.e, a tough intimidating Center and power forward, the Bulls will win more games-simple as that. Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes, Thabo Selfanoso, Derrick Rose, Nicioni-All these guys can score. The opposition however gaurds them tight because our Inside game they do not have to focus on. Look it, who does Noah or Grey intimidate Inside the paint? Neither can score, shoot Free Throws, or know the proper spacings or can consitently get 10 to 18 rebounds. You can't let Lebron James score 45 points and score over half of those points with layups going straight down the middle. That means we are weak in the paint. Tyrus is a shooting forward. The only experience the Bulls have as for as any respect in the paint is Goodwin; however, he is 6' 10" and while he is a power forward, he's more of a guy who comes off the bench; but, the Bulls use him like he's a All Star and he can't play that role. He doesn't play with his back to the basket; we need a guy who can play with his back to the basket. Until then, look for the Bulls to struggle, because they have to rely on jump shots.
American First

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

MN Catalano wrote:
I think VDN is doing well. He's been asked to succeed where other's ( way more experienced ) have NOT. He will not either. Too bad too. He seems a Good Guy. The ultimate PROBLEM remains with ownership. Big-Fat Daddy, Jerry R. IS THE ULTIMATE PROBLEM. This, Rich, Fat, Fart doesn't care if this team wins, OR NOT, as he has the seats filled, for years to come. THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. An owner who doesn't enjoy the THRILL of Victory, only wants the $$$$$$$.
Your arguement is flawed. This same "rich, fat, fart" brought Chicago 6 World NBA Championship teams with "rich, fat' fart" Krause. Remember: Jordan, Pippen, Grant, BJ, etc.,
American First

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

I forgot to mention Deng in that equation. Deng, Nicioni, Tyrus are all shooting forwards who slash and score and occasionally get a rebound. We need a powerful dominate center and powerforward with a center who plays with his back to the basket both who can score, shot free throws, rebound at both ends, and hit a man with a good outlet pass. We already have nothing but shooters.
ChangeTheBulls

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Jumpshot after jumpshot after jumpshot after jumpshot after jumpshot...when is this going to stop? Are there minds messed up or are they too stubborn? I love the Bulls but drastic changes has to be made,'cause oppopents are just laughing at them it seems like every game, and it's getting painful to watch.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

You get the results that the talent level gives you. The Bulls have average talent, and when they play with high intensity as they did two years ago, their results are a bit above average. However, when the intensity level drops as it did last season, then the results do as well. There's not a coach anywhere, that could take the Bulls talent and win big with it.

As far as Deng, he realizes that he just signed a big contract, and i'm sure wants to put up numbers, to prove it was warrented. Problem is, Del Negro wants to run a fast paced offense which requires the wings to be able to score from the wing, and Deng realizes his game is not suited to that. He has a poor jump shot, and isn't quick enough to take small forwards off the dribble. So, naturally Deng would like to see some post up moves on the inside, where his defensive player is probably smaller and weaker.

But, that just shows how disorganized the Bulls management really is. They hire a head coach who's style contradicts the style that their supposed star player, the player that they just gave a huge contract to, plays with. There's alot of issues with the Bulls, and a good part of those issues start at the top.
krebs

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Thabo should watch Scottie Pippen highlights if he plans on sticking around.
Scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Rod from Tennessee wrote:
You get the results that the talent level gives you. The Bulls have average talent, and when they play with high intensity as they did two years ago, their results are a bit above average. However, when the intensity level drops as it did last season, then the results do as well. There's not a coach anywhere, that could take the Bulls talent and win big with it.
As far as Deng, he realizes that he just signed a big contract, and i'm sure wants to put up numbers, to prove it was warrented. Problem is, Del Negro wants to run a fast paced offense which requires the wings to be able to score from the wing, and Deng realizes his game is not suited to that. He has a poor jump shot, and isn't quick enough to take small forwards off the dribble. So, naturally Deng would like to see some post up moves on the inside, where his defensive player is probably smaller and weaker.
But, that just shows how disorganized the Bulls management really is. They hire a head coach who's style contradicts the style that their supposed star player, the player that they just gave a huge contract to, plays with. There's alot of issues with the Bulls, and a good part of those issues start at the top.
Rod, you hit the nail on the head. Everybody seems to forget that this team never won 50 games with the group they had. They were an above average team that was known around the NBA for being the hardest working team in the league. Once the players stopped working hard there was no where to go but down.
I realize Paxson has been scared to trade away a core player that might come back to haunt him, but at this point he will have to move some of the pieces and get nothing in return. His goal right now should be to free up cap space for the next two years so he can build around Rose. Rose is the only keeper on this entire roster. Everyone else is expendable.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Team Paxson. Enough said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vinny Del Negro Discussions

Search the Vinny Del Negro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Del Negro reaches deal to coach Clippers (Jul '10) Jul '10 Weird Guy 4
Can't let focus falter (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 122
Noah trying to harness his energy (Oct '08) Feb '09 gonzo 7
Bulls work to carry winning road show to United... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 166
Drew Gooden upbeat about return to Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 13
Bulls' Joakim Noah feeling more comfortable on ... (Jan '09) Feb '09 Nada Surf 31
Good vibes for Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 56
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••