Bulls' latest: Coaching pick imminent

Chuck Person, Dwane Casey and Vinny Del Negro have been told a decision on the Bulls' coaching job is imminent, according to sources close to all three candidates. Full Story
JJM from Riverwoods

Gurnee, IL

#1 Jun 7, 2008
What happened to Avery Johnson? Are the Bulls not interested in him or vice versa? He is a proven winner.

“I comment, therefore, I am!”

Since: Sep 07

Wilmette, IL

#2 Jun 8, 2008
Whoever gets the job has the good fortune of knowing he's at best the third choice. So the new coach is bound to immediately command the respect of the players and the media, right? There's a fine line between thorough and stupid and Bulls' management has crossed that line.
Jerome

Crystal Lake, IL

#3 Jun 8, 2008
fellas...its time to put the bulls on Ignore List. There's far more ways for bball fans to spend their time and money than making the owner more richer than he is. Just feel sorry for whoever they draft, maybe hopefully it won't be rose. let him flourish with Wade in Miami. Chicago needs to pass on the pick, maybe pass on the season. Give us a break.
BullySixChicago

Lakeland, FL

#4 Jun 8, 2008
Richard Friedman wrote:
Whoever gets the job has the good fortune of knowing he's at best the third choice. So the new coach is bound to immediately command the respect of the players and the media, right? There's a fine line between thorough and stupid and Bulls' management has crossed that line.
Dear Richie you earn respect you dont auto get it if the 3rd listed coach knows his business he will get respect otherwise we are looking for another coach after he gets them ready to contend just like Doug did, what was your opinion when they first hired Phil?
BullySixChicago

Lakeland, FL

#5 Jun 8, 2008
Jerome wrote:
fellas...its time to put the bulls on Ignore List. There's far more ways for bball fans to spend their time and money than making the owner more richer than he is. Just feel sorry for whoever they draft, maybe hopefully it won't be rose. let him flourish with Wade in Miami. Chicago needs to pass on the pick, maybe pass on the season. Give us a break.
You my fakeass Bulls fan need to stop hanging out with Noah in gainesville, its apparent that you are full of self ideas as to what the Bulls should do. A real fan would not worry about what the owner makes simply because if he sells the team the new owner which you certainly support would make money, pass on Rose, pass on the season man are you high get real if you are a Bulls fans let them make the decision and when it fails then use that wise mind of yours yo be critical
BullySixChicago

Lakeland, FL

#7 Jun 8, 2008
JJM from Riverwoods wrote:
What happened to Avery Johnson? Are the Bulls not interested in him or vice versa? He is a proven winner.
If you recall avery was not interested at first then when Bulls got first pick he wanted in come on let his sharp voice sit at home and collect that 4 mil from Cuban like he stated if he wanted to be the Coach of the Bulls he would have not waited until June to make his idea noticed he is in the best place possible at home getting paid to do nothing
Richard Friedman

Columbus, IN

#8 Jun 8, 2008
BullySixChicago wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Richie you earn respect you dont auto get it if the 3rd listed coach knows his business he will get respect otherwise we are looking for another coach after he gets them ready to contend just like Doug did, what was your opinion when they first hired Phil?
I guess you missed Boylan's tenure, not to mention Tim Floyd's and Bill Cartright's. Your theory of "respect" is charming, but naive. As for Jackson, he had plenty of cred by the time he took over and a ring to boot.
Truth

United States

#9 Jun 8, 2008
Reinsdorf is running the show.....thus we will have a cheap coach and a neutered GM next year!
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#10 Jun 8, 2008
Well who do you pick? Moe, Curly or Larry?
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#11 Jun 8, 2008
JJM from Riverwoods wrote:
What happened to Avery Johnson? Are the Bulls not interested in him or vice versa? He is a proven winner.
Forget it. Too much money...

“I comment, therefore, I am!”

Since: Sep 07

Wilmette, IL

#12 Jun 8, 2008
There is some good news. The rumor that Jerry and Pax are in charge of Obama's vice-presidential selection process is false.
Chris from Springfield

Springfield, IL

#13 Jun 8, 2008
it doesn't make a bit of difference what kind of coach you hire if he can't motivate the players. In my opinion, the Bulls need to hire a coach who's already had some success and who the players will respect. So it doesn't matter if he's defensive minded or if offence is his forte', if the players don't have the desire or if the players are mentally weak, which is what the Bulls players are, Vince Lombardi couldn't coach these guys
wes

Maywood, IL

#14 Jun 8, 2008
We waited 8 weeks for this? Pathetic!
BullySixChicago

United States

#15 Jun 29, 2008
Richard Friedman wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you missed Boylan's tenure, not to mention Tim Floyd's and Bill Cartright's. Your theory of "respect" is charming, but naive. As for Jackson, he had plenty of cred by the time he took over and a ring to boot.
Dear Richie, for your info I have not missed any coaches tenure in chicago since johnny red kerr started in 1966, so that means I have seen them all yes even the worst ones. Phil did not get a ring by coaching he got it by being a player and if you call that credibility for a coach than hell anybody with a ring can coach, phil had no experience as a nba head coach neither did pat riley so dont tell me experience is necessary to win, and look at all the coaches who have been around job to n=job and dont even make the play-offs come on give the guy a chance we will know soon if he knows what he is doing otherwise I am sure that one of his experience coaches will be leading the Bulls when 010 comes when bron wde and bosh become fa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vinny Del Negro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Del Negro reaches deal to coach Clippers (Jul '10) Jul '10 Weird Guy 4
Can't let focus falter (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 122
Noah trying to harness his energy (Oct '08) Feb '09 gonzo 7
Bulls work to carry winning road show to United... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 166
Drew Gooden upbeat about return to Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 13
Bulls' Joakim Noah feeling more comfortable on ... (Jan '09) Feb '09 Nada Surf 31
Good vibes for Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 56
More from around the web