Chicago Bulls hire Vinny Del Negro as...

Chicago Bulls hire Vinny Del Negro as new head coach

There are 131 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 9, 2008, titled Chicago Bulls hire Vinny Del Negro as new head coach. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Bulls have offered their head coaching job to Vinny Del Negro , which the Suns' assistant general manager is prepared to accept, sources said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
James

Schaumburg, IL

#139 Jun 10, 2008
This just off the wire. Bulls are still thinking if this is the right guy for the job.
Pepper

Chicago, IL

#140 Jun 10, 2008
Interesting pick. The man doesn't have any experience at all. However The Bulls took a chance. The team is still in turmoil in my opinion.

What about Scottie Pippen? He has been begging The Bulls to give him a chance. It would have been good for business to have him coach and just like Del Negro, he has never done it before.

Why Del Negro? Well maybe he was at least an Asst. GM. Scottie has never been in the front office.

We can debate all night.

http://www.joboja.blogspot.com
Hardliner

Hoffman Estates, IL

#141 Jun 10, 2008
Dick Kock wrote:
Hey, "hardline" got to learn how to read, buddy! I lived in Chicago when Jackson was hired and many people criticized the move, that's all I said. Del Negro played 11 years in the NBA, 6 under Popovich. He's the Assistant GM of the Suns, so basketball at the NBA level he knows. He relates well with players from the US and Europe. Give the guy a chance.
I forgot to mention that Jackson won a CBA title as head coach. There is no comparison between Del Negro at this stage of his career and Phil Jackson when he was named Bulls head coach.

Here is a question for you. If Del Negro was so highly regarded in his assistent GM role why didn't Kerr even give him a sniff in replacing D'Antoni?

As for giving him a chance what choice do I have?

This is a bad hire on the cheap, no two ways about it.
Jauss

Norwalk, CA

#143 Jun 10, 2008
Hey WSCR hired Mike North with no previous broadcast experience and look how well that worked out
OLD BBLR

Boca Raton, FL

#144 Jun 10, 2008
He couldn't play so maybe he can coach! He and the Heats new coach have NO experience and we will all suffer together! Heat wins 21, bulls win 19!
J Seville

Palatine, IL

#145 Jun 10, 2008
i coached grade school basketball, hire me
Angry Black

Chicago, IL

#146 Jun 10, 2008
Pepper wrote:
He's white.
Angry Black

Chicago, IL

#147 Jun 10, 2008
OLD BBLR wrote:
He couldn't play so maybe he can coach! He and the Heats new coach have NO experience and we will all suffer together! Heat wins 21, bulls win 19!
Who gives a rats patoot about the Heat, mullet head.
mike

Springfield, IL

#148 Jun 11, 2008
paxton:look really close --no go closer ---ahhhhhh yes do you all see those strings on paxton the {{reinsDORK-- PUPPET}}The ReinsDORK PUPPET that makes howdy doody look like a genious. because howdy doody would not have picked vinnie del negro as the next BULLS COACH ....I have been a die hard bulls fan for years ...this could be the last straw ...reinsDORK has no compassion for the fans...bring in mark cuban !!! now that guy is a the consume of what the fans are all about !!! now what if vinnie the no clue what a coach should be had turned down the offer by paxton the reinsDORK puppet? Who would be the next choice...Vinnie the BULL mascot !! ahhhhhh yes I can picture vinnie the BULL slapping around the last two number one busts ((chosen by paxton the reinsDORK puppet))...thomas and the big boozo the clown goof ball that shoots a basketball like my 10 year old grand son a --knuckle ball ---yes gotta love where the bulls are heading ---right to the dumpster ---yeah I am going to spend about $200 a game to see this circus act --all we need now are the clowns and the high wire acts
Greg

Pleasanton, CA

#149 Jun 11, 2008
Angry Black wrote:
<quoted text>
He's white.
He's not just white - he's Italian. And Italians have been motivating Africans since Julius Caesar invaded Eritrea or something like that.
Saxon Dog

Chicago, IL

#150 Jun 11, 2008
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not just white - he's Italian. And Italians have been motivating Africans since Julius Caesar invaded Eritrea or something like that.
Sense when was an Italian ever mistaken for a white man?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vinny Del Negro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Del Negro reaches deal to coach Clippers (Jul '10) Jul '10 Weird Guy 4
News Can't let focus falter (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 122
News Noah trying to harness his energy (Oct '08) Feb '09 gonzo 7
News Bulls work to carry winning road show to United... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 166
News Drew Gooden upbeat about return to Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 13
News Bulls' Joakim Noah feeling more comfortable on ... (Jan '09) Feb '09 Nada Surf 31
News Good vibes for Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 56
More from around the web