Kicking new tires sure beats a retread

Kicking new tires sure beats a retread

There are 15 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 14, 2008, titled Kicking new tires sure beats a retread. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Untested. Unproven. Apparently the job qualifications to be an NBA coach have changed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

lasarte

Boston, MA

#1 Jun 15, 2008
Something I read last week about the Bulls have convinced me that they will trade away Hinrich - and go about the complete rehaul of the team. I read that they were ineterested in re-acquiring Ron Artest. Look, they can send Hinrich, Deng and possibly Nocioni to the Kings for Artest and Miller. That would make sense - they would have a lineup of Rose-Gordon-Artest-Noah-Miller . The Kings would unload their nutcase player and be getting a couple of quality guys to rebuild their team with.
If that goes through, it is up to Riles to get a pg via free agency or to trade Haslem for one.
Marion, whose skill set is better at PF than SF (despite his height) will also have to go if the team gets Beasley - but where to? Assuming a top-notch sf or pg would be the ideal compensation, perhaps a deal to the Bucks or Warriors would work out.
Frank

Hollywood, FL

#2 Jun 15, 2008
I think there is not a ver strong base for the alleged trade. Sure, it would make sense for the Kings to get rid of the perceived headache, but the Bulls already have a budding headache (Noah,) so playing two Excedrins side by side will give any coach heartburn, not to mention heartache.

Marion at power forward was a product of Phoenix playing small ball (Stoudamire at the 5.) Their idea of playing defense was to wave at the opponent as he blew by, and leaving Amare to get a lot of weak side blocks, but not every team has a human pogo stick.
DOM

Miami, FL

#3 Jun 15, 2008
The Juice is on the way. With the 2nd Pick in the 2008 Nba Draft, the Miami heat select OJ Mayo, Guard , USC. Or we are drafting the beaser and trading him to Minn. Either way, Mayo is better than Rose and RIley will say that when we draft him"""" ""WE had OJ #1 on our draft board ---------

Let it sink in. we have 2 6 ft 8 double double guys now in haslem and marion, beasley is 6 8 in shoes. That puts that to rest. IF he was 6 11 its a no brainer
DOM

Miami, FL

#4 Jun 15, 2008
THIS IS A HEAT SITE-----WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THE BULLS TRADE WITH THE KINGS----------ARtest might end up in Miami and Sign for the MLE------After riley trades for elton in a sign and trade
THen we have
Mayo
Wade
Marion
Brand
ZO for a year
And NBA FINALS ARE BACK
WE NEED MAYO------HE IS THE BESt GUARD IN THE DRAFT------PERIOD
DOM

Miami, FL

#5 Jun 15, 2008
last point, other than rose's great tourney run, DOES ANYONE REALIZE THE OTHER 30 games(besides going to a 27-3 team last year) he averaged 14ppts and 4 assists. 70 FT% and 30% 3. Many kids have had great tourneys, but its about the skill set. Mayo played SG out of position as he is a point, and still averaged 20 and 4 assists, with 40% 3pt and 80%FROM THE LINE. GET USED TO OJ AND WADE TEARING IT UP---WE CANT PASS ON THIS GUY--ERIC_-----IF YOU ARE READING-------IMAGINE the 2 together, it would be poetry in motion and we would be finals conternders for the next decade,. yoU ARE LIKE RILEY IN 1980, WHEN HE GOT A YOUNG LA TEAM AND WENT TO THE FINALS 8 TIMES IN 10 YEARS. ALL WE NEED IS A LOW POST THREAT AFTER OJ
DOM

Miami, FL

#6 Jun 15, 2008
(MAKE sure you buy alot of gel SPO----it goes with the heat image and you can get more respect go spo i know you ll do a great job!!!!!!!
disoespbu

United States

#7 Jun 16, 2008
try to get sumpin fo beas an den take mayo

bulls be takin rose and we dunt want beas he be a probem
Frank

Coral Gables, FL

#8 Jun 16, 2008
Great points in msg #5, Dom. Mayo also has displayed good defensive skills, which is something that Riley pays attention to.

Dis, is English forbidden in IN?
Shawn

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Jun 16, 2008
Man, it was hard seeing Pose play so well last night. Why would we ever give up such a warrior?
dduck

Whigham, GA

#10 Jun 16, 2008
DOM wrote:
last point, other than rose's great tourney run, DOES ANYONE REALIZE THE OTHER 30 games(besides going to a 27-3 team last year) he averaged 14ppts and 4 assists. 70 FT% and 30% 3. Many kids have had great tourneys, but its about the skill set. Mayo played SG out of position as he is a point, and still averaged 20 and 4 assists, with 40% 3pt and 80%FROM THE LINE. GET USED TO OJ AND WADE TEARING IT UP---WE CANT PASS ON THIS GUY--ERIC_-----IF YOU ARE READING-------IMAGINE the 2 together, it would be poetry in motion and we would be finals conternders for the next decade,. yoU ARE LIKE RILEY IN 1980, WHEN HE GOT A YOUNG LA TEAM AND WENT TO THE FINALS 8 TIMES IN 10 YEARS. ALL WE NEED IS A LOW POST THREAT AFTER OJ
Mayo is not an NBA PG; you guys are dreaming. He doesn't have the handle or decision making skills to be a PG in the NBA. 3.3 assists 3.5 turnovers per game in 2008 season; look it up. Watch real games not just the hightlights.
fake diseospbu

Whigham, GA

#11 Jun 16, 2008
Eglash b 2 harb fo me

butt ib no mo den Pat Riley bout B-BAll
deedee

Houma, LA

#12 Jun 16, 2008
also if you check all the stats u will see rose played bout 27 or 28 minutes a game and OJ played almost the whole game and still not getting as many assist as rose
deedee

Houma, LA

#13 Jun 16, 2008
and also doubled the turnovers
deedee

Houma, LA

#14 Jun 16, 2008
and again if riley says he had oj on the top of the draft board he strait lied
Deepak Chopra

Miami, FL

#15 Jun 17, 2008
I think you can all poop on my head. Yes, just poop on my head right now, because I like it.

And to be honest. I think you like it too.

Deepak has spoken and you are now smitten with my love Donkey.
lasarte wrote:
Something I read last week about the Bulls have convinced me that they will trade away Hinrich - and go about the complete rehaul of the team. I read that they were ineterested in re-acquiring Ron Artest. Look, they can send Hinrich, Deng and possibly Nocioni to the Kings for Artest and Miller. That would make sense - they would have a lineup of Rose-Gordon-Artest-Noah-Miller . The Kings would unload their nutcase player and be getting a couple of quality guys to rebuild their team with.
If that goes through, it is up to Riles to get a pg via free agency or to trade Haslem for one.
Marion, whose skill set is better at PF than SF (despite his height) will also have to go if the team gets Beasley - but where to? Assuming a top-notch sf or pg would be the ideal compensation, perhaps a deal to the Bucks or Warriors would work out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vinny Del Negro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Del Negro reaches deal to coach Clippers (Jul '10) Jul '10 Weird Guy 4
News Can't let focus falter (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 122
News Noah trying to harness his energy (Oct '08) Feb '09 gonzo 7
News Bulls work to carry winning road show to United... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 166
News Drew Gooden upbeat about return to Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 13
News Bulls' Joakim Noah feeling more comfortable on ... (Jan '09) Feb '09 Nada Surf 31
News Good vibes for Bulls (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 56
More from around the web