Dissecting the Larry Hughes trade rumor

Dissecting the Larry Hughes trade rumor

There are 2 comments on the The Scores Report story from Jan 20, 2009, titled Dissecting the Larry Hughes trade rumor. In it, The Scores Report reports that:

Posted by John Paulsen Larry Hughes to the Nets? It's a possibility, according to NorthJersey.com . The Nets and Bulls have discussed a deal that would bring veteran shooting guard Larry Hughes to New Jersey ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Scores Report.

Mecousin Vinney

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jan 29, 2009
Vinney, preseason, Larry is working so hard, a true professional, tradegy when in the 3rd quarter with 22pts he blows his shoulder. But he came back after missing eight games, I decided, hey, give him 5 starts, not in his position though, have him play the point and lets make him a forward also.
Oh well, he won 2 of my 19 games, yes, his 3 pt and FG shots are higher than the previous 10 years, but Rose is the future, so I am only going to talk about him to the press, proclaim Rose as the rookie of the year in January and put my highest paid player Hughes only in 22-25 minutes a game. Since he played point and Hinrick, I don't want them sitting together to teach him anything either, I will just keep him in there the whole game, he is so beautiful and did I tell you, the Rooke of the Year!I I also told Larry I have to see what Goorden, Thabo, Deng, Noc and my to overweight centers can do, which is nothing when it comes to defense (even my fav, Rose can't play it). Yes, Gorden is the shooter, but come fourth quarter, he gets the shakes and can't buy a basket. Neither can Rose, but the points still look good and he is Rookie of the Year, no doubt in my mind. Gordon, he can cuze me out, Noc and Noah can fight (physically) and on the court and they can complain about minutes, but hell, I will still start them the next game. Now if Larry, who won 10% of my games and has double the three pointers with half the minutes as my sweet Rose ask for some minutes, it's a mortal sin, he is out of here and DNP, Mr Smith must write about it, we must DNP him and lose, for that way I am taking Pax, Del, Bernie down with me. Sure, we gave up 5 to 7 wins benching Larry for a month, but look at the posters we sold on Rose. Luxury boxes aren't being renewed I hear, season tickets either, Budweiser is cutting their ads, for nobody even watches on T.V. now, Stats, who needs them. Wins, who needs them, I have the best point guard, the race is over. That is why I am here, correct? Sure, he is only a year out of high school, can't play defense or hit a three pointer. Sure the lane has been closed for eight weeks now and yes, it disrupted the whole team, but what a guard, Rookie of the year in the the 60 games I coached in my short career. Thanks for the good advice from Bernie and Del too, your real pros and Pax is a genius for bringing them in to assist. I knew wins didn't mean anything. Hell, maybe we can match the Cubs and go for that 100 year drought.
Tiffany

United States

#2 Jan 29, 2009
oooh,i hope they trade him to the nets,he cant start cuz vince,and devin is too good to come off the bench,larry will have to come off the bench,but its all good,he provides good minutes,and he can score

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vince Carter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs 109, Mavericks 103 (May '14) May '14 Celia 2
News Dallas Mavericks are the Team No Playoff Team W... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jake 1
News More milestones: Vince Carter shoots past Bird ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Vince Carter Blew His Bad Breath in Rudy Gay's ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Hiram 1
News Reports detail candidates' war chests (Feb '12) Feb '12 JoyceV 3
News Magic 128, Timberwolves 86: Two routs in two Fl... (Nov '10) Nov '10 fracas 1
News George Diaz: Gilbert Arenas not a good fit for ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Tiffany 2
More from around the web