Heat's on the Nets, too

There are 6 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 15, 2007, titled Heat's on the Nets, too. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

They have underachieved despite featuring some of the biggest names in the sport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

gizzymhv

Butler, NJ

#1 Dec 16, 2007
Take Kidd + give us Cook, Davis + Williams, and next yrs unprotected #1. It'll make Wade's life easier, and everyone else new life and a better game.
Sean

West Orange, NJ

#2 Dec 16, 2007
You're not from Jersey so you don't know. The reason why the Nets are so bad is because of two people, Jason Collins and Lawrence Frank. Jason Collins continues to start when he brings absolutely nothing to the Nets. He's the worst player, in nba history.
isra

Aguascalientes, Mexico

#3 Dec 16, 2007
come on Ira certainly Heat has strugling at the begining of this season but it does not mean that they are done , I respect your comment but seem like you are firing up some Heat fans to turned agains them , I live the passsion of these guys , none of them are loser , no even think about shaq, 4 rings many aperance on NBA all star games , your comments is because they are elite player at any moment they will find a way to be back on track

I love my heat team even if they are in a hole , here is where their strenghs will come out to get out of that path
asdf

Hollywood, FL

#4 Dec 20, 2007
Heat and Nets are two teams on the decline due to aging stars.
bow

Toronto, Canada

#5 Dec 20, 2007
I will say it once and i will say it again. Its to bad you swamp people had to take our left behind, sloppy seconds wince carter. With or with out him your going no where. hahahahah good luck.
tom

Astoria, NY

#6 Dec 20, 2007
ira,
next time you're in the "scrum" talking to riley, can you ask him why he doesn't switch to a fast break offense?
most of his roster would excel in a phoenix/golden state style of play -- wade, j will, ricky davis, dorell, haslem, cook, etc. the offense is sputtering but running will get his players having fun again, getting easy baskets. j will or wade can run the team. yes defense is a liability and that would still need improvement regardless.
as for shaq, his age shows that riley shouldn't cater the entire team's slow down style of play because they have one player who can't keep up with a running game. while running, there may be times shaq never has to cross halfcourt and can save energy/basket hang to make sure the other team can't run right back.

at this point what does riley have to lose in trying?
was the game in phoenix a fluke or a signal that this team is best running and gunning?
it can't hurt to ask.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vince Carter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs 109, Mavericks 103 (May '14) May '14 Celia 2
News Dallas Mavericks are the Team No Playoff Team W... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jake 1
News More milestones: Vince Carter shoots past Bird ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Vince Carter Blew His Bad Breath in Rudy Gay's ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Hiram 1
News Reports detail candidates' war chests (Feb '12) Feb '12 JoyceV 3
News Magic 128, Timberwolves 86: Two routs in two Fl... (Nov '10) Nov '10 fracas 1
News George Diaz: Gilbert Arenas not a good fit for ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Tiffany 2
More from around the web