Williams takes Heat star's crown

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

In case it wasn't apparent by the way he casually negotiated the All-Star Skills Challenge, Heat guard Dwyane Wade wasn't exactly broken up about losing the title.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Feb 18, 2008
HoT DoG MaN

United States

#1 Feb 17, 2008
Everything points to Wade's game dropping off including two missed jumpers that could of won games.
Like the rest of the Heat either by injury or he's lost his focus he had for the game,he's not playing as well as the last two years and that's a concern, because he should be getting better each year.
I think he dropped from bieng the first or second best player to about 10-12. He's losing balls,missing easy shots and not leading his team to any victory.
Too many commercials and people telling him he's great,he's lost it.
He was lousy in his defense of this competition and now he says he's not doing it anymore. Sounds like a "Loser".
Riley better keep a keen eye on this guy because if the downward trend continues he needs to trade the guy.
Many players continue to play at a high level every year.
Comparing him to Jordan is ridiculous,he's not even playing close to that level.
sunnydaze

Leesburg, FL

#2 Feb 17, 2008
Tonights NBA All Star Game..what you will not hear..
Will the Daddy of this here chile, come pick em up..he's a stealin everything, is wearing oversize Air Jordans and hip hop pants..and tells us his mother's name is F*****..Please, he wants to be like Mike..whoever that is...Where's my Daddy's forty..umm hum where it be? He states he is fifteen and in the 3rd grade also..he be big for his age and classroom schoolmates
Hanky

AOL

#3 Feb 17, 2008
Wow! What a negative attitude from Wade, a loser's attitude. To give him the benefit of doubt maybe he hasn't recovered from his injuries.
I know he hasn't been the same since.
Jarrod

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Feb 17, 2008
And that is how Wade probably feels about the game itself...he doesn't care and it's hurting the franchise...
OLD BBLR

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Feb 17, 2008
I have been saying all year that he is not what most everyone thinks, To dribble off his foot is very common in games and his attitude sucks! Look at all the turnovers and how many times he hogs the ball only to dribble off his foot or into a croud and loose the ball! He should not have taken the last shot in the last game! Marion, Blount or Wright would have been a better choice!!! How many times do we have to see the last 20 sec of a game with us down one, and he waits till only 3-4 sec and the either loose the ball or miss a bad shot and no time even for an elusive rebound! Trade him for someone who CARES and can either shoot or set up!(Maybe Kapono)
Dwaderulz

Westminster, MD

#6 Feb 17, 2008
You guys suck!How can u question the commitment of a person just based on some stupid skills challenge competition where everyone is out there to have fun?? Remember just a year back he come out of a dislocated shoulder to the playoffs!!OLD BBLR,Kapono and Wade,what a comparison..Get a life!!
OLD BBLR

Boca Raton, FL

#7 Feb 17, 2008
I did not base anything on the stupid BS challenge, I did not even watch it! I base my comments on his lack of team play and his inability to realize that there are 4 other guys out there and he does not need to be so eager to loose the ball. Give the other guys a chance! The Kapono "TRADE" I refered to was, to get a shooter, Not a comparison of skills! We NEED a shooter!
PS: I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE, THANK YOU!
truth hurts

AOL

#8 Feb 17, 2008
Wade is exibiting some glaring loser type traits. His game peaked two years ago and has declined ever since. His early title, fame, and fortune plus his current crappy attitude certainly signals some serious trouble in paradise. Just remember Shaq's original nickname for him "Flash". So far - thats him to a "T" as in turnover.
Hyperdude

United States

#9 Feb 17, 2008
Dwaderulz wrote:
You guys suck!How can u question the commitment of a person just based on some stupid skills challenge competition where everyone is out there to have fun?? Remember just a year back he come out of a dislocated shoulder to the playoffs!!OLD BBLR,Kapono and Wade,what a comparison..Get a life!!
What the hell have you been Watching? And you don't know a damn thing about basketball and don't have a Freekin clue,so get off the post and try playing Golf!
Wade's been doggin it! Forget the injuries,ok? This is not an incapacitated player,lots of players play hurt and they don't stink up the joint. He's takin jumpers instead of goin to the basket. Look at all the great plays he made two yrs ago,over the shoulder shots,cutting through three defenders to the basket.
He can't even make a freekin jumper and he's developing a losing attitude. His remarks teel the story. Let the young guys win it, i already won twice. Kinda like what's happened since the championship. I already won that so why try? bullshiit!
blakefan

United States

#10 Feb 17, 2008
These self centered bball thugs are something, its always a "me" thing.

Someone has to break his (Wade's) record or winning two (2) skills challenge, as in THATS SOMETHING that can't be overcome and broken?

Like hitting 700 home runs? Like breaking a 4 minute mile? Like throwing for 50 TD's in the NFL?

Wade's just another kid that came into the league humble, but in a couple of years he been able to transform into just another basketball thug. He has brought zero leadership to the team this year and is content with what's happening.

What a punk! j Trade his a.s.s.
Marvelous

United States

#11 Feb 17, 2008
Wade has developed into a loser. The ability to succeed while others around him fail is not his moniker anymore. It's a shame because he had such drive and killer instinct and was Jordan like,but now and since the injury he's been mediocre by the standards he set for himself.
If your a student of the game you see it, he's not the same player. Success,fame came quickly and he sounds like Shaq. The Ego outweights the performance.
I've been comparing Kobe and Wade and Koby has not dropped off at all and he's older and plays great no matter who his team mates are.
nba anlyst

United States

#12 Feb 17, 2008
This is the greatest year ever! Everything's coming up roses!

Now we have a running game and Chris Quinn's skills will be showcased like never before.

Capital, just capital I say!

Yours,
Mr. Darcy
Mark Smith

Nashville, TN

#14 Feb 18, 2008
FIRE Riley

Remotivate Wade

He must play basketball and not loose his intensity except "when" he feels like it.

He is no Michael Jordon. Mike competed at everything. Not just when the "big" TV was on.

That is Riley's faught to not keeo him MOTIVATED.

FIRE RILEY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vince Carter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spurs 109, Mavericks 103 May '14 Celia 2
Dallas Mavericks are the Team No Playoff Team W... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jake 1
More milestones: Vince Carter shoots past Bird ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Go Blue Forever 1
Vince Carter Blew His Bad Breath in Rudy Gay's ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Hiram 1
Reports detail candidates' war chests (Feb '12) Feb '12 JoyceV 3
Magic 128, Timberwolves 86: Two routs in two Fl... (Nov '10) Nov '10 fracas 1
George Diaz: Gilbert Arenas not a good fit for ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Tiffany 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Vince Carter People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••