Magic hold off Nets

Magic hold off Nets

There are 94 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 6, 2009, titled Magic hold off Nets. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic warmed up for pivotal games against Eastern Conference powers Boston and Detroit with a tougher-than-expected 105-102 victory against the New Jersey Nets Friday night at Amway Arena.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jim

United States

#81 Mar 7, 2009
I want to see 1 peron, just one person in here have the guts to come right out and say that the Magic WILL win atleast one of these next two games.

If you really have confidence in this team then you will show it by announcing to the forum how they will defeat either Boston or Detroit.
Jim

United States

#82 Mar 7, 2009
nanningbob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey your right the Magic did have 2-2 game losing streaks. Time to throw in the towel. The Magic will lose in the first round of the playoffs folks. You cant win an NBA championship when you lose two games in a row during the season. GET A LIFE.
The Magic will lose in the first round of the playoffs if the play the Pistons. And you and I both know that.
nanningbob

Washington, DC

#83 Mar 7, 2009
Jim wrote:
I want to see 1 peron, just one person in here have the guts to come right out and say that the Magic WILL win atleast one of these next two games.
If you really have confidence in this team then you will show it by announcing to the forum how they will defeat either Boston or Detroit.
The Magic will win won and maybe both.:)

Also, if the Magic meet the Pistons this year they will be going in as the better team for the first time in recent history so yes they will win a first round playoff series against the Pistons. Of course that is assuming they will make the playoffs. They are not playing like a team that is going to get there.
Jim

United States

#84 Mar 7, 2009
nanningbob wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic will win won and maybe both.:)
The Magic will win won ? You mean they will woose tew.
JudasPriest

Schenectady, NY

#85 Mar 7, 2009
Jim wrote:
I told you how, rtfpost. Get a rebounding body down in the post when 3s are not falling instead of watching the trajectory. This is on the lap of SVG. He has a very good cross-section of basketball quality in every aspects in his roster. Read naningbob's post about DWade's testimony. Read and learn, not just keep your rhetoric over and over again everytime you post even after wins that you so wrongly predicted otherwise many many times. Accountability ? Sounds familiar, someone was looking for a republican - he should look for him no more - Jim is the one. Give me a break ...-
Jon

Orlando, FL

#86 Mar 7, 2009
Jim wrote:
I think they will win one. I doubt it will be Boston, but I see winning 1 of 2 here. Its time to step up, and they will be ready for the challenge.
Jon

Orlando, FL

#87 Mar 7, 2009
nanningbob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Jon, I shouldnt have put your name in there without the quote. That was a dumb thing to do. Accept my apology.
Accepted. The only reason I was negative on these 2 games is we have yet to prove anything against these 2 teams. I think they will be ready though, and we will steal at least one of these games.
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

#88 Mar 7, 2009
Now that the Celtics have traded away their chances for the championship, the Magic should make their move.

Lable the three stooges (Nelson, Otis, Van Gundy) as unwanted distractions and ban them from the arena.

Then they could concentrate on winning.
Jon

Orlando, FL

#89 Mar 7, 2009
Joe wrote:
Now that the Celtics have traded away their chances for the championship, the Magic should make their move.
Lable the three stooges (Nelson, Otis, Van Gundy) as unwanted distractions and ban them from the arena.
Then they could concentrate on winning.
You are proof that abortions should be legal.

Since: Mar 07

O-TOWN

#90 Mar 7, 2009
Jim wrote:
They will definetely win 1 out of the 2.
My pick is @ the Palace. it could be the other way around but im positive they'll win 1 out of 2. But its all on defense. Lets see how they come out to play.
'Only say this cause this team has been pretty decent when they play very good teams.
Jim

West Monroe, LA

#91 Mar 7, 2009
JudasPriest wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you how, rtfpost. Get a rebounding body down in the post when 3s are not falling instead of watching the trajectory. This is on the lap of SVG. He has a very good cross-section of basketball quality in every aspects in his roster. Read naningbob's post about DWade's testimony. Read and learn, not just keep your rhetoric over and over again everytime you post even after wins that you so wrongly predicted otherwise many many times. Accountability ? Sounds familiar, someone was looking for a republican - he should look for him no more - Jim is the one. Give me a break ...-
Where in this insidious post did you mention that the Magic will definitely win atleast one of these two games ?

I didn't ask how they could win..and yes I know they need one or two more tough big dudes...I asked if someone had the guts to come forward and say that the Magic will win atleast one of these next two games.

So simply put, your post is not gonna get it done here.

Since: Mar 07

O-TOWN

#92 Mar 8, 2009
What u got to say now Jim?
george anderson jr

Orlando, FL

#93 Mar 8, 2009
Jim wrote:
First of all..I called this win folks. Let me get that out of the way first.
Unfortunately this actually counts as a loss. Terrible defense. Absolutely atrocious. Simply put, it's not gonna get it done.
No sense even watching the next two games against Boston and Detroit. Those will be easy wins for the Celtics and the Pistons.
The Magic barely beat a poor team on their home floor. Do they really have a chance of beating Boston and or Detroit in their buildings ? Let me think...ahh..NO.
WRONG, one down and one to go,yes im calling for a magic win tomorrow night as we are due.

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#94 Mar 9, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Where in this insidious post did you mention that the Magic will definitely win atleast one of these two games ?
I didn't ask how they could win..and yes I know they need one or two more tough big dudes...I asked if someone had the guts to come forward and say that the Magic will win atleast one of these next two games.
So simply put, your post is not gonna get it done here.
It takes guts to come forward to say the will definitely win???? That's guts? It takes guts to sit behind a computer to guarantee a loss and then back track when you are wrong? lol!!!! Jim, please. lol!!!

Sheesh....I promise myself I am not going to let you get under my skin....but you are just so good at it.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vince Carter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs 109, Mavericks 103 (May '14) May '14 Celia 2
News Dallas Mavericks are the Team No Playoff Team W... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jake 1
News More milestones: Vince Carter shoots past Bird ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Vince Carter Blew His Bad Breath in Rudy Gay's ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Hiram 1
News Reports detail candidates' war chests (Feb '12) Feb '12 JoyceV 3
News Magic 128, Timberwolves 86: Two routs in two Fl... (Nov '10) Nov '10 fracas 1
News George Diaz: Gilbert Arenas not a good fit for ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Tiffany 2
More from around the web