No title

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers coach Rick Carlisle realizes an argument could be made that Jeff Foster should start.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
effortless

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

They should bring Jermaine off the bench. He's not putting out much effort and seems to be watching others. Start Foster, Granger and Al.
Mike- Cordry Lake

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

I agree with Mike's pacer blog. We need to see more of Jeff Foster and not just for his rebounding. He shows great awareness on the court or what Larry Bird would call a high basketball IQ. He set's picks, makes good passes, and helps keep the offense in motion. He's not a great shooter, but he rebounds almost every shot that he misses. He's not an "All Star", but he's a true team player that makes us a better team when he's on the floor. OK Rick, the ball's in your court.
MrDon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

With Granger as the 6th man, then your first substitution for either Oneal or Harrington should not drop the Pacers offensive output.

The problem with the current starters (besides lack of rebounding) is that when they get off to a slow start, then Foster comes in, Jeff's not going to help with scoring baskets.

I'd rather see Granger come in and give the team an offensive lift.

But I'm not a great basketball mind like the Pacers and their team of coaches, so never mind.
Rojo

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

Man, start Foster and bench Jackson instead of Danny. Jackson hasn't been ballin' anyway. He takes too many shots and hits too little.
Kentuckianapolis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

effortless wrote:
They should bring Jermaine off the bench. He's not putting out much effort and seems to be watching others. Start Foster, Granger and Al.
Best statement I've heard in a long time. O'Neal is not a superstar. Granger, Foster, and Harrington play hard and should be the featured players.
Bill Whitacre

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

I think putting your best five on the floor at the start of the game is important. But not the five you start. You should have Foster, O'Neal, Harrington, Granger at shooting guard and Tinsley. Granger can at least play defense, take the ball to the hole and finish and rebound. Jackson can only shoot for a low percentage. He's a waist.
magi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

Why couldn't the Pacers start Foster at center and move Granger to 2-guard?
Terry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

I've always thought that Jeff would be a better choice as a starter from a defensive standpoint. You have to have someone that does not need the ball to be effective for chemistry reasons. It would also make our second unit have more punch.
MrDon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2006

Hey I like that idea of benching Jackson and moving Granger to the Shooting Guard.

I think that line up would definitely run and get up and down the court!

I doubt if the Pacers would ever do that (as far as starters), but maybe we could see that lineup sometime during a game. Has anyone noticed? Has that lineup played and what were the results?
chris

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2006

Foster is a rebounder thats it i mean no offense to him but that's all he does and he needs to come off the bence
bully6chicago

Terry, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2006

dont you pacers fans have your own site please stop with this whinning about that do do team in indiana that has never won do do please this is a Bulls site, not for whinnning no nba tilte pacers
chris

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2006

bully6chicago wrote:
dont you pacers fans have your own site please stop with this whinning about that do do team in indiana that has never won do do please this is a Bulls site, not for whinnning no nba tilte pacers
this isn't a bulls site you idiot there are links to this site from bascially everywhere

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tyson Chandler Discussions

Search the Tyson Chandler Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Could the New York Knicks Acquire Rajon Rondo f... (Jun '13) Aug '13 Mike 11
New York Knicks Express Interest in Samuel Dale... (Jul '13) Jul '13 greg 1
New York Knicks' Carmelo Anthony Expected Team ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Henry 1
Making the Call on NY Knicks' 5 Toughest Offsea... (Jun '13) Jun '13 mark 2
Nothin' but Net: Once-solid Knicks, Clippers sh... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ginobili 1
Knicks rally without Melo, beat Cavaliers 102-97 (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ginobili 5
Schmeelk: Knicks Have Lost Their Way; Where's W... (Feb '13) Feb '13 eddie rodriguez 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••