Nine stories to watch in '09

What will 2009 hold for WNC? Here's a preview of what's coming up, from the arts to economics, local government to Asheville's bubbling brew scene. Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Jan 1, 2009
"With Buncombe County already home to six brewing companies, three more projects are in the works here."

Can't find a parking space, but one can always find alcohol in Asheville.
Think Different

Mauldin, SC

#2 Jan 1, 2009
I really don't think bringing in additional car parking lots is what you want to see here sarge. Establishments that serve alcohol are naturally a great way to bring business into a downtown. Offering easy access for automobiles would only make things worse. After all, a good long walk before getting behind the wheel certainly can't hurt. Better yet, enjoy the beer, but leave your car at home.

Since: Jun 07

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Jan 1, 2009
Think Different wrote:
I really don't think bringing in additional car parking lots is what you want to see here sarge. Establishments that serve alcohol are naturally a great way to bring business into a downtown. Offering easy access for automobiles would only make things worse. After all, a good long walk before getting behind the wheel certainly can't hurt. Better yet, enjoy the beer, but leave your car at home.
Yes, you do have a good point there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler Hansbrough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg Cote: LeBron James needs help from teammat... (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 2
2013 NBA Playoffs: Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire to ... (May '13) May '13 Jmar196 1
Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
Ellington knocking 'em down in NCAAs (Mar '09) Mar '11 Nolan Williams 12
Finding His Way: Freshman Barnes starting to ge... (Dec '10) Dec '10 uncman3 1
blogsoftheworld... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Dr Shirley Hindman 1

Tyler Hansbrough People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE