Tar Heels, Sooners set for battle of ...

Tar Heels, Sooners set for battle of big men in South Regional

There are 74 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 28, 2009, titled Tar Heels, Sooners set for battle of big men in South Regional. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. One big man was last year's national player of the year. The other appears poised to take his place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Mike Litorus

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#21 Mar 29, 2009
Mike Hunt wrote:
<quoted text>
The WINNERS. Hard to take isn't it?
So they barely won two games over another over ranked team...still 28 games left. Over ranked!
Heels Fan

Boiling Springs, SC

#22 Mar 29, 2009
Mike Litorus wrote:
<quoted text>So they barely won two games over another over ranked team...still 28 games left. Over ranked!
Hee hee hee. Sore losers are so funny!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#23 Mar 29, 2009
Mike Litorus wrote:
<quoted text>So they barely won two games over another over ranked team...still 28 games left. Over ranked!
It just chokes you to death doesn't it? Go Heels!!
Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#24 Mar 29, 2009
Mr. Litorus, could you please explain your comments? Call me stupid, but they make absolutely no sense at all.

Blake Griffin may have won the battle of the big men today, but Carolina clinched the victory because they can go to anyone on the court and know they can deliver. Whereas Oklahoma relies heavily on Griffin alone. Carolina was too talented and athletic to beat without contributions from everyone on the floor.

With Louisville and Pitt both eliminated, I think that leaves Carolina as the favorite to win it all. I don't think Villinova can beat Carolina ... and don't forget, Carolina beat Michigan State earlier in the season.

Go Heels!
UNC Tar Heels

Maxton, NC

#25 Mar 29, 2009
Mike Litorus wrote:
Looks like Carolina is going to lose again...highly overranked!
WRONG!!!!
Go Heels!
Mike Litorus

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#27 Mar 29, 2009
UNC Tar Heels wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG!!!!
Go Heels!
28 games left...and barely beat another over ranked team by one. HIGHLY OVER RANKED...RIGHT!!!!!
Mike Litorus

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#28 Mar 29, 2009
What about Roy Williams being arrested for DWI and possession of marijuana...WOW!

Location hidden

#29 Mar 29, 2009
Mike Litorus wrote:
<quoted text>28 games left...and barely beat another over ranked team by one. HIGHLY OVER RANKED...RIGHT!!!!!
Man you are pitiful. Nothing you've said makes any sense.
Mike Litorus

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#30 Mar 29, 2009
Carolina couldn't even beat a crappy Duke at home! Duke's out of conference strength of schedule is embarrassing. And "The Heels" lose to them?!?! TWICE! C'mon Over rated!
Mike Litorus

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#31 Mar 29, 2009
laughorbust wrote:
<quoted text>Man you are pitiful. Nothing you've said makes any sense.
It makes total sense! Are you an idiot?
Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#32 Mar 29, 2009
How about this ... Shut your mouth. You are acting like you have no mind.

I know you know Carolina didn't lose to Duke at all this season.

If you can't interject something positive, then go to bed and leave the posting to the adults.

Location hidden

#33 Mar 29, 2009
Mike Litorus wrote:
<quoted text>It makes total sense! Are you an idiot?
At least when I post a comment it makes sense. And it doesn't make me look like I've escaped from the looney bin like your rants do. Man grow up and quit being a hater!
Mike Litorus

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#34 Mar 29, 2009
Its Like This wrote:
If you can't interject something positive, then go to bed and leave the posting to the adults.
They lost TWICE to Duke! AT HOME! Douchebag! Shut my mouth? While I'm typing, it's shut.
Mike Litorus

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#35 Mar 29, 2009
laughorbust wrote:
<quoted text>At least when I post a comment it makes sense. And it doesn't make me look like I've escaped from the looney bin like your rants do. Man grow up and quit being a hater!
Man grow up and quit being a hater! I can't believe how stupid you are!
Mike Litorus

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#36 Mar 29, 2009
Its Like This wrote:
Dutchboy! Dutchboy is a joke!

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#37 Mar 29, 2009
UNC Tar Heels wrote:
<quoted text>
Las Vegas disagrees. UNC by 6 is what they say.
I too, say the Heels will win.
GO TAR HEELS!
son of b!tch. well, the tar heels won tonight and looks like i was wrong. i really didnt think UNC would pull out the win. i figured griffin would dominate hansbrough, which did happen, but i figured if they would focuse on stopping griffin and then warren and price would kill em'. evem though warren did have a pretty good game. for some reason they couldnt stop lawson or green. i thought this was going to be the second year in a row that i get criticized bigger than $h!t for my predictions and then come out on top again. my bracket looked pretty good last year when i took kansas to win it all and had 3 of my final 4 teams in it, which i did win $160 off of. this year i only had one of my final four teams in it and that was UConn, so it looks like no repeat for me.
UNC Tar Heels

Maxton, NC

#38 Mar 30, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
son of b!tch. well, the tar heels won tonight and looks like i was wrong. i really didnt think UNC would pull out the win. i figured griffin would dominate hansbrough, which did happen, but i figured if they would focuse on stopping griffin and then warren and price would kill em'. evem though warren did have a pretty good game. for some reason they couldnt stop lawson or green. i thought this was going to be the second year in a row that i get criticized bigger than $h!t for my predictions and then come out on top again. my bracket looked pretty good last year when i took kansas to win it all and had 3 of my final 4 teams in it, which i did win $160 off of. this year i only had one of my final four teams in it and that was UConn, so it looks like no repeat for me.
Too bad about your bracket.
Glad you were WRONG and the Heels WON!
Go Heels!!
Sports Fan

Asheville, NC

#39 Mar 30, 2009
Mike Litorus wrote:
<quoted text>Man grow up and quit being a hater! I can't believe how stupid you are!
Do you realize how mental you sound? Not one statement you have made has made any sense. Do you think the people posting find you amusing? Any body that is stupid enough to come on here and spout the crap you have needs some serious mental help. Either that or you are 12 years old. You're a joke to all who post here.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#40 Mar 30, 2009
UNC Tar Heels wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad about your bracket.
Glad you were WRONG and the Heels WON!
Go Heels!!
booooooo!
Anonie Muss

Manteo, NC

#41 Mar 30, 2009
Sports Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize how mental you sound? Not one statement you have made has made any sense. Do you think the people posting find you amusing? Any body that is stupid enough to come on here and spout the crap you have needs some serious mental help. Either that or you are 12 years old. You're a joke to all who post here.
It makes total sense. Carolina lost this weekend and they are over ranked. We'll see when the polls come out today where they are ranked and I might change my opinion but still....OVER RANKED! Some sports fan...more like RETARDED SPORTS FAN!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler Hansbrough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greg Cote: LeBron James needs help from teammat... (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 2
News 2013 NBA Playoffs: Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire to ... (May '13) May '13 Jmar196 1
News Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
News Ellington knocking 'em down in NCAAs (Mar '09) Mar '11 Nolan Williams 12
News Finding His Way: Freshman Barnes starting to ge... (Dec '10) Dec '10 uncman3 1
blogsoftheworld... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Dr Shirley Hindman 1
More from around the web