Growth in October pleases Pacers coach

Growth in October pleases Pacers coach

There are 13 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 26, 2007, titled Growth in October pleases Pacers coach. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indiana Pacers can easily say their winning record in the preseason, which concludes tonight in Memphis, is a sign of things to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

keauhou

Lahaina, HI

#1 Oct 26, 2007
what happened to the preseason interest in FIBA tournament mvp (and recent Celtic reject) Esteban Batista? Too soft?
Lets go PAcers

United States

#2 Oct 26, 2007
will be very interested to see how this team turns out looking by the end of November. I really think they could be at the bottom of the Central or cahllenging for the top. They need to step up their defense to get stops to be able to run and get open looks.

It all starts with playing good defense and then getting the ball up in transition as quickly as possible. Tinsley could have a monster year in this system if he stays healthy and doesnt have his annual meltdown at some point.

Good luck pacers. String together a solid first half of November and the fans will come back in droves to Conseco. Mark it down.

We just need a reason to believe.
Nashville TN Pacer fan

Portland, TN

#3 Oct 26, 2007
keep it up!
disturbia

New York, NY

#4 Oct 26, 2007
How can anyone even remotely tell how anything is going to unfold. JO hasn't even being been playing in these exhibition games with his swollen knee and ego. Just wait until he shows up and SLOWS everything down to a crawl so he can get his stats. Get rid of him while you can...he's broke!
supercolts

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 26, 2007
Come on Pacers, if u win they will come
Chris

Henderson, KY

#6 Oct 26, 2007
I'm encouraged by what I've been reading. I look forward to seeing it in person sometime this season. My guess is that they will hit some walls in terms of conditioning and injuries. You can go from being a stand-around, set-play sort of team to a run-and-gun team overnight. But, if they stay at or near .500 throught the all-star break, they could catch a second wind and squeek into the playoff. A lot will depend on whether the team can minimize injuries, which will allow J.O. to pace himself as the Pacers' "feature" player rather than have to carry the team on his back. That will exhaust him just like it did last year.
SWT-500

Plainfield, IN

#7 Oct 26, 2007
The pre-season means nothing.
J Tinsley

Fort Wayne, IN

#8 Oct 26, 2007
Anyone got a nickel bag?
itchy trigger finger

Farmington, MI

#9 Oct 26, 2007
Another season--another promise. Here we go again. Let's make a judgement on the team after about 20 games. That should be enough to sort out the contenders and the pretenders!! Hey Larry--are you awake yet? Or are you going to sleep through THIS season?
Pacers fan in MN

United States

#10 Oct 26, 2007
Demetrius Nichols is now available. Make it 15 coming into the year!
Evan

Shirley, IN

#11 Oct 26, 2007
I agree pick up Nichols he will help.
disallusionedpac erfan

Granbury, TX

#12 Oct 27, 2007
Lets say it again together so that we all understand "preseason means absolutely nothing". My Question remains the same. Who at crunch time can we give the ball to and say go create your own shot? Wheres our Kobe, our Mcgrady, our Nash, our Wade. I dont see him and in this league you have to have it. Maybe Mr. Daniels will have his break out year, hes the only one that can even come close to finding his own shot and get to the basket. We shall see..........

Since: Jun 07

Noblesville, Indiana

#13 Oct 27, 2007
u are right, this team has about 2 weeks to win back the fans, or they might be in an up hill battle the rest of the way or at least until the Colts season is over. They are on a short leash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murphy picks Celts over Heat (Mar '11) Mar '11 simple city chick 1
News Warriors to acquire Troy Murphy from New Jersey... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Dave 1
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News Timberwolves' David Kahn refutes trade reports ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 America the Great 12
News Do the Indiana Pacers' Hopes Hinge on Tyler Han... (Aug '09) Aug '09 GO UNC 1
News Athletes keep in touch by Twittering (May '09) May '09 Gail Sideman 2
News Pacers lose key game to Bulls (Mar '09) Apr '09 Nada Surf 12
More from around the web