Can you believe it? Now he's giving P...

Can you believe it? Now he's giving Pacers another chance

There are 124 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 2, 2007, titled Can you believe it? Now he's giving Pacers another chance. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

I'm giving the Indiana Pacers a do-over. A mulligan. A second chance to make a good impression.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
H Callahan

Greenwood, IN

#1 Oct 3, 2007
there is still time for some players, or is that playa's, to go out and shoot up some strip joint.

Fresh start? No thanks, I'll look at the standings on Sunday mornings before I even think about watching them perform.
Bangin

United States

#2 Oct 3, 2007
Last year was the first year since I became a fan that I did not watch a single Pacer game. Looks like that streak will continue this year.
Ogalala

Redwood City, CA

#3 Oct 3, 2007
Go fire-up another fatty, Kravitz. You gotta be loaded to give those bums, and their staff & ownership, another chance.
jjmax

Delaware, OH

#4 Oct 3, 2007
sorry Bob. not me the Pacers wagon has left without me. as far as i'm concerned may they RIP.
Big E

Mccordsville, IN

#5 Oct 3, 2007
you guys were probably all hating the colts until they beat the Pats in the playoffs. see you when the bandwagon rolls around.
Tokin42

Union, KY

#6 Oct 3, 2007
If he doesn't trade O'neal for someone, anyone, he'll continue his streak for horrible GM decisions. O'Neal is gone after this season, get something for him even if it's just draft choices.
out of control

Duncan, OK

#7 Oct 3, 2007
I will choose to watch Reggie Miller on the Pacer's Greatest Games volume 1 dvd instead of paying money to see these overpaid thugs.
Randal

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Oct 3, 2007
Don't give the Pacers a fifth. You D A.
That doesn't stand for District Attorney.
John

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Oct 3, 2007
Good article, I agree, let's give 'em a chance. Though in the future I'd stay away from using murderous, vile dictators as a humorous illustration.

“This is Jack and Bear”

Since: Sep 07

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Oct 3, 2007
Oh to have the Pacers of old. Where are you, Rik, Mark, Jalen, Reggie..........

you couldn't pay me to watch these thugs we have now play anything.
Notferme Fernow

Camby, IN

#11 Oct 3, 2007
I continue to follow the happenings/stories around the Pacers. Lord, I'm hoping they return to their success. And because of that, I still consider myself a fan.(I love the game of basketball) But I am not planning to waste any time or spend any money watching them play until they give me reason to. Folks seem to forget professional sports is A BUSINESS and requires peoples "entertainment income" to fuel it. Right now I'm not buying what their selling. Would you continue to play a video game with inferior graphics, predictable story line and crashes repeatedly? Ahhh... but would you be waiting in anticipation for a new and improved release of the game? It annoys me that some feel you are not a true fan unless you root for a professional team in spite of all their ineptness? I think that level of loyalty is better placed with amature and school sports.
Jay

United States

#12 Oct 3, 2007
They could do away with the NBA for all I care. Bunch of overpaid law-breakers and crybabies.

I'd sooner watch curling than the NBA.
Pacer Fan

United States

#13 Oct 3, 2007
There comes a time in life when you realize its a good thing to forgive. I'll let everyone make there own decision and live there own life. As for me I'll be the bigger person and do the right thing. A Pacer Fan
Jim

United States

#14 Oct 3, 2007
Bangin wrote:
Last year was the first year since I became a fan that I did not watch a single Pacer game. Looks like that streak will continue this year.
The same thing here. I no longer watch the Pacers. I enjoyed going to Indy to see the Pacers on a regular basis, but no more. I don't have minor children, but my neighbor who is a basketball (was a Pacer) junkee will not go to or look at on tv the Pacers because they set the wrong example for his two sons. That really says it like it is.
We have not wiped the slate clean. We don't have the slate anymore.
Anti Tinsley

Erlanger, KY

#15 Oct 3, 2007
Wow, Bob, you must have really been desperate to come up with a story to jump back onto the Pacers side of the camp. But that's your style...slam them one day, praise them the next. Pretty predictable. Here's my take. Until they get rid of Tinsley and a few other smelly apples, their won/loss record is secondary. I'd rather watch MLS, NHL and F-1 than watch a Pacers game with Tinsley in the lineup. (Not that he's in the lineup all that often) But as long as he's cashing a Pacers check, they won't get any of my money.
Frank W

Brooklyn, IN

#16 Oct 3, 2007
[quote]Whether the fans will be willing to extend that courtesy after so many embarrassing incidents, that's up to them.[/quote]

No, thanks. They're an embarassment.

fw
Knee Jerk Realist

Mansfield, IL

#17 Oct 3, 2007
Oh look.....10 people who never were fans in the first place.....pretending to understand the NBA's trade structure and GM'ing a team..........much less never being real fans in the first place.

There are 95% of the men on the Pacers that are hard working, good people.......but in the redneck vernacular, they're all 'thugs'.

Go back to watching the WWE and the UFC on Spike......that's more your style anyway.....the Pacers true fans will be there.
Avid Reader

Westfield, IN

#18 Oct 3, 2007
Kravitz, your smoking weed? I have been a season ticket holder for 20 + seasons. We saw the glory days of the Pacers and it was FUN and they WON. This year I gave up my seats because of the attitudes and lack of direction in this organization. I like Larry Bird but something is not connected somewhere. Turnovers in a game is costly but so in the numerous changes in player personel and coaching personel. Decide what you want to be and stick with it. Build character and demand character. HOOSIERS know what that looks like both on and off the floor. Good Luck!
Hey

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Oct 3, 2007
Sure Knee-Jerk all twelve of you. Go Colts, Pacers are an afterthought right now.
Mav

Erlanger, KY

#21 Oct 3, 2007
Knee Jerk Realist wrote:
Oh look.....10 people who never were fans in the first place.....pretending to understand the NBA's trade structure and GM'ing a team..........much less never being real fans in the first place.
There are 95% of the men on the Pacers that are hard working, good people.......but in the redneck vernacular, they're all 'thugs'.
Go back to watching the WWE and the UFC on Spike......that's more your style anyway.....the Pacers true fans will be there.
Really? How many of those $100 dollar tickets can you afford? That's a lot of money to pay to watch a team play at half speed on a Tuesday night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murphy picks Celts over Heat (Mar '11) Mar '11 simple city chick 1
News Warriors to acquire Troy Murphy from New Jersey... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Dave 1
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News Timberwolves' David Kahn refutes trade reports ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 America the Great 12
News Do the Indiana Pacers' Hopes Hinge on Tyler Han... (Aug '09) Aug '09 GO UNC 1
News Athletes keep in touch by Twittering (May '09) May '09 Gail Sideman 2
News Pacers lose key game to Bulls (Mar '09) Apr '09 Nada Surf 12
More from around the web