Tinsley's 3-point shooting the differ...

Tinsley's 3-point shooting the difference for Pacers in 101-95 ...

There are 37 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 2, 2007, titled Tinsley's 3-point shooting the difference for Pacers in 101-95 .... In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Jamaal Tinsley made three consecutive 3-pointers down the stretch to cap a 29-point effort and Jermaine O'Neal added 20 points and 19 rebounds despite a sore shoulder, leading the Indiana Pacers to a 101-95 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 07

Woodland, PA

#21 Dec 2, 2007
Mike in NC wrote:
Between his knees and his shoulder, it sounds like JO's body is falling apart.
Between his knees and shoulder....that would be his heart. Seems there has not been reason to doubt his heart in the past and I hope there's no reason to doubt it now. This was a good sign.
However, it was very disappointing this game was not televised. Bad form, Pacers and NBA. You left your hefty fee league-pass subscribers high and dry.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#22 Dec 2, 2007
Pacers Win!!!
Stan

United States

#23 Dec 2, 2007
Good to see O'Neal can still play when he's healthy, and that the Pacers can win if he gets the kind of output you expect. You don't want to live and die by Tinsley's threes, as opponents are likely to take their chances even if it didn't work for the Clippers tonight. Still a positive game winning games you need to win.

Woodland, PA

#24 Dec 2, 2007
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a big part of this is the new coaching style. I heard on the Jim O'brien show recently that the coach will bench a player passing up 2 open looks in a row (maybe it was 3.. I'm not completely sure but I think it was 2). In other words, he's really trying to drill it into the guys that they should shoot if they're open. Subsequently, Tinsley will find himself open quite a bit.
I hope that's true. Now I would say that in some cases Jeff Foster should have passed up a couple shots he's taken, but O'Brien is instilling enough confidence in his players that even Jeff is hitting the mid-range jumper with confidence. Murphy has been passing up open looks and Tinsley to me is finding better balance than under Carlisle when Tinsley looked like he was allergic to taking open shots. Sometimes Tinsley tries to do too much, but obviously tonight was not one of them. Way to go Tinsley! Hopefully this early success will breed continued confidence for Jamaal. Has anyone noticed how much his lines have been looking like Jason Kidd's lately? Near triple doubles and plenty of steals. Not to shabby for the much maligned player. If Jamaal can get it and keep it going, we have a shot for a 50 win season.
Ryan

Cambridge, OH

#25 Dec 2, 2007
If Jamaal can get it and keep it going, we have a shot for a 50 win season.

IQyou are you on drugs?
Charles

Springfield, IL

#26 Dec 2, 2007
the difference wrote:
Tinsley must have stayed out of the strip clubs last night and said NO to drugs.........what a change
Do everyone a favor: shut up and stay off the computer.
Kevin

Alliance, OH

#27 Dec 2, 2007
Pacers fan wrote:
Come on, guys -- the Pacers have just won three of four games on a relatively rigorous Western road trip...And they're showing more promise this season than last year....I know we've had some disappointing seasons in recent years, but let's drop the cynicism and get behind this team...At times, this city has deserved better players representing it; but these days I think it deserves better fans supporting the team, as well...
Nicely put! Thank you!
jermaine oneal

Indianapolis, IN

#28 Dec 2, 2007
i dont know what happened. i cant explain my performance. it was something out of a dream. i actually put for an effort! like, OMG. what is happening? but i will say i must not of been thinking about me tonight for once. but im sure i ll go back to my ole' self sooner or later.
Jim

San Francisco, CA

#29 Dec 2, 2007
Tinsley hit half his shots and didn't lead both teams in turnovers! O'Neal didn't collapse in a powdery pile of rust! Dang, Pontiff, maybe you're right!

I wish I could watch a game, but living in CA without cable, I'll be lucky to see the Pacers once this year. Personally, I think Billy Keller should come out of retirement and replace Tinsley, but that might get uncomfortable.

If the Pacers keep winning, maybe I'll get to see them on network TV next year. I really do love those guys.
Tnsley_the_man

Pharr, TX

#30 Dec 2, 2007
jim....if u aren't even watching the games your in no position to critisize Tinsley.

Go Jamal!
DJ Indiana Jones

Circleville, OH

#31 Dec 2, 2007
good job on the west coast road trip. Jamaal is the truth and I must say that I have seen a newfound maturity in the team as a whole, kudos to Jim O'Brien, could it be that the players are buying in and the haters on this board are getting bored? the stripclub/drug/thug comments seem to be eroding like the sands of time upside down in an hour glass!
Maui Pacer

United States

#32 Dec 2, 2007
Mike in NC wrote:
Between his knees and his shoulder, it sounds like JO's body is falling apart.
What's wrong between his knees??

“Hoosier fan in Tarheel land”

United States

#33 Dec 3, 2007
Maui Pacer wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong between his knees??
LOL, nicely done.

“Going thru hell, keep going!”

Decatur, IL

#34 Dec 3, 2007
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
You know he is going to bring it and play hard every night.
Unfortunately, playing hard for him means being the star of the show, which translates to being the scoring leader and taking too many shots. Hellllooooooo, point guard, not scoring guard! Tell me how many assist he had? What's his assist to turnover ratio? Why does bird love this turd? Should have traded him with the rest of the riff-raff a year ago.
Grumpy AND Sleepy

Bargersville, IN

#35 Dec 3, 2007
for some reason i have and am going to root for Tinsley, got him in Fantasy League..i'll overlook his FG% for a bit, does it seem that he may want to be "A PACER" this season.. is it a contract year?.. maybe this group is going to shape up and bring us some fun, bit of happiness and Pacer Pride this winter... contract year or not, this season I'm rolling with Jamaal (no pun intended).... well done on the whole Western series Pacers.. 3-1 i'll take it.... and does NBA attendance seem to be low/very low?.. i see many empty seats well into 1st Q of games, just wondering

Indianapolis

#36 Dec 3, 2007
Got plenty of opinions wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, playing hard for him means being the star of the show, which translates to being the scoring leader and taking too many shots. Hellllooooooo, point guard, not scoring guard! Tell me how many assist he had? What's his assist to turnover ratio? Why does bird love this turd? Should have traded him with the rest of the riff-raff a year ago.
This is why:

Ranks #6 in the NBA = Jamaal Tinsley , IND 8.4 assists per game

2.36 assist to turnover.

I remember several years when Mark Jackson was hovering around the 8.4 mark.

Woodland, PA

#37 Dec 3, 2007
Ryan wrote:
If Jamaal can get it and keep it going, we have a shot for a 50 win season.
IQyou are you on drugs?
I have felt for years that Jamaal was capable of so much more and it's nice to see him having fun and motivated. He needs to work on his FT shooting and his shooting in general, so he can make defenses pay when they lay off of him, and they do. If he could reliably hit his ft's, that would make for more incentive to drive the lane and go hard to the hoop.
Maybe now that he's having fun and getting to run the show much more as he sees fit, he will put in the extra work and time and begin to realize his potential. Seriously, his 4 cat lines (pts, reb, ast, stl) have been very nice. If he could get a consistent 3 point shot, that would be something Jason Kidd does not have.
I think many Pacer fans are secretly hoping we have a 50 win season in us, but many probably do not want to admit it even to themselves, given the disappointment we have all experienced the past few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murphy picks Celts over Heat (Mar '11) Mar '11 simple city chick 1
News Warriors to acquire Troy Murphy from New Jersey... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Dave 1
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News Timberwolves' David Kahn refutes trade reports ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 America the Great 12
News Do the Indiana Pacers' Hopes Hinge on Tyler Han... (Aug '09) Aug '09 GO UNC 1
News Athletes keep in touch by Twittering (May '09) May '09 Gail Sideman 2
News Pacers lose key game to Bulls (Mar '09) Apr '09 Nada Surf 12
More from around the web