Tinsley's 3-point shooting the differ...

Tinsley's 3-point shooting the difference for Pacers in 101-95 ...

There are 37 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 2, 2007, titled Tinsley's 3-point shooting the difference for Pacers in 101-95 .... In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Jamaal Tinsley made three consecutive 3-pointers down the stretch to cap a 29-point effort and Jermaine O'Neal added 20 points and 19 rebounds despite a sore shoulder, leading the Indiana Pacers to a 101-95 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pacer Pontiff

South Bend, IN

#1 Dec 2, 2007
They won with JO, and he put up some big numbers. Tinsley saves the day overall. Let's see if they can win consistently with JO back.
Oldtimer

South Bend, IN

#2 Dec 2, 2007
You never know about Tinsley, do you.
popcorn64

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Dec 2, 2007
I may not be very bright, but it seems to me that Tinsley is shooting way to many shots. The 10 for 20 in this game is among his best performance. Anytime your point guard takes that many shots and is shooting at a percentage of less than 40%, our chances as a team can't be real good.
He needs to set up the other players rather than shooting 20 times a game. Pacers are no better this year that last and they are still " relying" on those same players who can not atay healthy enough to play 75 to 80 games each year. I predict - Tinsley will have his physical issues again too.
Turd Ferguson

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Dec 2, 2007
popcorn64 wrote:
I may not be very bright, but it seems to me that Tinsley is shooting way to many shots. The 10 for 20 in this game is among his best performance. Anytime your point guard takes that many shots and is shooting at a percentage of less than 40%, our chances as a team can't be real good.
He needs to set up the other players rather than shooting 20 times a game. Pacers are no better this year that last and they are still " relying" on those same players who can not atay healthy enough to play 75 to 80 games each year. I predict - Tinsley will have his physical issues again too.
EXACTLY!!!

I have been arguing this all season.
the difference

United States

#5 Dec 2, 2007
Tinsley must have stayed out of the strip clubs last night and said NO to drugs.........what a change
Gary

Dayton, OH

#6 Dec 2, 2007
Oldtimer wrote:
You never know about Tinsley, do you.
You know he is going to bring it and play hard every night.
Gary

Dayton, OH

#7 Dec 2, 2007
popcorn64 wrote:
He was feeling it. He banged three three's in a row to seal the game. Other players weren't hitting their shots and Tinsley was on fire. How can you bitch about that? This doesn't happen every night. If he's draining shots, give him the rock. Feed the hot hand.
Pacers fan

AOL

#8 Dec 2, 2007
Come on, guys -- the Pacers have just won three of four games on a relatively rigorous Western road trip...And they're showing more promise this season than last year....I know we've had some disappointing seasons in recent years, but let's drop the cynicism and get behind this team...At times, this city has deserved better players representing it; but these days I think it deserves better fans supporting the team, as well...
No Blood for Pastel

Westminster, CO

#9 Dec 2, 2007
the difference wrote:
Tinsley must have stayed out of the strip clubs last night and said NO to drugs.........what a change
what a witty and not at all overused or unorignal joke.
Pacers fan

AOL

#10 Dec 2, 2007
And Tinsley, by the way, is looking pretty good this year...Obviously you want your point guard to be distributing the ball and running the offense, but there's nothing wrong with looking for your shot at the same time...The guy drains three 3-pointers in the closing minutes to get us the win, and you guys are complaining he shoots too much?....Be happy for the WIN, baby!!...Y'all are spoilsports!
jct

Louisville, KY

#11 Dec 2, 2007
Pacers fan wrote:
Come on, guys -- the Pacers have just won three of four games on a relatively rigorous Western road trip...And they're showing more promise this season than last year....I know we've had some disappointing seasons in recent years, but let's drop the cynicism and get behind this team...At times, this city has deserved better players representing it; but these days I think it deserves better fans supporting the team, as well...
Well spoken, Pacer Fan !!!!
Adam

Lexington, KY

#12 Dec 2, 2007
popcorn64 wrote:
I think a big part of this is the new coaching style. I heard on the Jim O'brien show recently that the coach will bench a player passing up 2 open looks in a row (maybe it was 3.. I'm not completely sure but I think it was 2). In other words, he's really trying to drill it into the guys that they should shoot if they're open. Subsequently, Tinsley will find himself open quite a bit.
Adam

Lexington, KY

#13 Dec 2, 2007
Pacers fan wrote:
Couldn't have said it better.
trashman

Ellicott City, MD

#14 Dec 2, 2007
there is reason for optimism
Dungy ball

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Dec 2, 2007
O'Neal states that he woke up the day after the Sonics game without any pain in his knee which is the first time in more that a year and a half he's been without pain. His shoulder must have been good enough to hoist up 18 shots and pull down 15 boards. 20 and 15 is a pretty strong game. I sincerely hope if they intend to keep him then he can work into this style and mesh with the chemistry. If not, Larry should be working the phones tonight after this game.

Tinsley's line was huge as well. 3 for 3 from behind the arc, 6 for 6 from the line, 7 assists and 7 boards. Pretty strong.

That was a good road trip for this team. They really should have come home 4-0 but I'll take it.
pacers123

Medford, NY

#16 Dec 2, 2007
Pacers are playing decent....There holding there own right now let give the guys some credit. I think Jim O'brien is a good coach and know what he's doing. One of Larry Birds better move so far.
dan

Dayton, OH

#17 Dec 2, 2007
No Blood for Pastel wrote:
<quoted text>
what a witty and not at all overused or unorignal joke.
What a witty and not at all overused or unorigInal response to a witty and not at all overused or unorigInal joke.

“Hoosier fan in Tarheel land”

Since: Oct 07

United States

#18 Dec 2, 2007
Between his knees and his shoulder, it sounds like JO's body is falling apart.
Jesus F Christ

Jeffersonville, OH

#19 Dec 2, 2007
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What a witty and not at all overused or unorigInal response to a witty and not at all overused or unorigInal joke.
Great job on correcting his spelling error. You got him this time.
Jim

Dayton, OH

#20 Dec 2, 2007
popcorn64 wrote:
well put
lik when JO plays, when tinsley shoots too much, we lose
need to get granger involved more

more importantly, when does diogu return?he's BY FAR the team's best player!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murphy picks Celts over Heat (Mar '11) Mar '11 simple city chick 1
News Warriors to acquire Troy Murphy from New Jersey... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Dave 1
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News Timberwolves' David Kahn refutes trade reports ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 America the Great 12
News Do the Indiana Pacers' Hopes Hinge on Tyler Han... (Aug '09) Aug '09 GO UNC 1
News Athletes keep in touch by Twittering (May '09) May '09 Gail Sideman 2
News Pacers lose key game to Bulls (Mar '09) Apr '09 Nada Surf 12
More from around the web