Pacers top short-handed Celtics

Pacers top short-handed Celtics

There are 8 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 7, 2007, titled Pacers top short-handed Celtics. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Mike Dunleavy scored 22 points and Jermaine O'Neal added 14 points and 14 rebounds, leading the Indiana Pacers to a 105-98 victory over the short-handed Boston Celtics on Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

bob rohrman

Covington, KY

#1 Apr 7, 2007
this team is pathetic. they win games when they would be better off losing. you root for them to lose and they finally win, but when you root for them to win they always lose. you cant win with this pathetic team. now they will have to give up their draft pick to atlanta because they wont finish below 12th in the worst teams category and if they get the 8 seed they will get blown out in the first round, this team is an utter joke
Autney Holmes

United States

#3 Apr 7, 2007
Good win.Keith Mcloud was great except for those late turnovers.What i like is he attack the press late.The game against the pistons when they press the pacers hold the ball and try to run a set play.that help detroit.Going to the basket against the press helps the defence is commited so when u beat the defence;go to the basket.Another good aspect Mcloud brings is he got the three point range.This is not a knock on Tinsley but it is an aspect the pacers can certainly use.
lexingtonporter

Ashburn, VA

#4 Apr 7, 2007
agree with that bob. We can not win by winning this team needs fixed because long time fans like us are having a hard time supporting them even when winning. Listen up Larry and Mr Walsh WE DO NOT LIKE THIS TEAM get us some new players that we can support win or lose. I can only hope that management will take notice of this minor winning streak without Tinsley and despite the pathetic effort of Jermaine. We do not like these players!
Denny

Denver, CO

#5 Apr 7, 2007
Idiots, you do understand guaranteed contracts and the salary cap preclude the Pacers, or any team from eliminating their entire roster every year to placate you. I suspect they're going to go for a new point guard in the draft, and a big body to play center/forward. Given that there are 7 or 8 new Pacers on the roster this year, you can't expect them to change over every year and expect continuity. It's not been a good situation this season, but they aren't Atlanta, they aren't Boston, and they certainly aren't Memphis. Calm down already.
whatever

Liberty, ME

#6 Apr 7, 2007
This was a game for the draft and the Celtics wanted it more.
Still a fan

Brownsburg, IN

#7 Apr 7, 2007
Denny, what everyone is annoyed about is that if we keep winning, we wont have any picks in the draft. We traded both picks away in the last year, and the only way we get one back, is from a clause in the Golden State trade that says we get this years first round pick back if we finish within the bottom 10 on the league. So yers, salary cap and guaranteed contracts are there, but just cause they are getting paid doesnt mean they have to play. We could give the younger guys more minutes and accept losing. Carlisle is likely gone anyway after this year, and chances are we will end up with at least a draft pick because we will make an offseason trade befroe the draft to obtain one.
Having said that though, I still am a Pacers fan, and will stay one, but its been an awfully frustrating last few years!
lexingtonporter

Ashburn, VA

#8 Apr 7, 2007
Denny wrote:
Idiots, you do understand guaranteed contracts and the salary cap preclude the Pacers, or any team from eliminating their entire roster every year to placate you. I suspect they're going to go for a new point guard in the draft, and a big body to play center/forward. Given that there are 7 or 8 new Pacers on the roster this year, you can't expect them to change over every year and expect continuity. It's not been a good situation this season, but they aren't Atlanta, they aren't Boston, and they certainly aren't Memphis. Calm down already.
We are not idiots Denny just frustrated when true blue Pacer fans are hoping for a loss it tells you something. We are not in the NBA to compete with Memphis, Atlanta or Boston it is our goal to be competitive with Dallas, Detroit and the other top teams in the NBA. It is true we can not fire this entire team in 1 year it can be started, these guys are not what we want in Indy.
Denny

Denver, CO

#9 Apr 8, 2007
Still a fan wrote:
Denny, what everyone is annoyed about is that if we keep winning, we wont have any picks in the draft. We traded both picks away in the last year, and the only way we get one back, is from a clause in the Golden State trade that says we get this years first round pick back if we finish within the bottom 10 on the league. So yers, salary cap and guaranteed contracts are there, but just cause they are getting paid doesnt mean they have to play. We could give the younger guys more minutes and accept losing. Carlisle is likely gone anyway after this year, and chances are we will end up with at least a draft pick because we will make an offseason trade befroe the draft to obtain one.
Having said that though, I still am a Pacers fan, and will stay one, but its been an awfully frustrating last few years!
Can you cite me an example of a team that deliberately lost games in order to secure a draft pick?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murphy picks Celts over Heat (Mar '11) Mar '11 simple city chick 1
News Warriors to acquire Troy Murphy from New Jersey... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Dave 1
News Calderon for Granger makes sense (Aug '10) Aug '10 King General 1
News Timberwolves' David Kahn refutes trade reports ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 America the Great 12
News Do the Indiana Pacers' Hopes Hinge on Tyler Han... (Aug '09) Aug '09 GO UNC 1
News Athletes keep in touch by Twittering (May '09) May '09 Gail Sideman 2
News Pacers lose key game to Bulls (Mar '09) Apr '09 Nada Surf 12
More from around the web