LAKERS: Artest in, Ariza out for next season's team

Jul 2, 2009 Read more: San Gabriel Valley Tribune 10
The Lakers got a little older, a little more experienced and a good deal more interesting when combustible free agent Ron Artest agreed to leave the Houston Rockets and join the NBA champions Thursday afternoon. Read more

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 2, 2009
I'll miss Ariza, he was a great player for the Lakers!
Mister420

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jul 2, 2009
HER MAIN MAN wrote:
I'll miss Ariza, he was a great player for the Lakers!
Me too..But this was a great move we just got waaay better defensively and an extra 12 to 18 points a game dosent hurt either...
laker fan

Cathedral City, CA

#3 Jul 3, 2009
not sure about this one
justice

United States

#4 Jul 3, 2009
put it this way, had we listened to ariza's bozo agent, we may have to sacrifice odom. now we potentially landed an upgrade to our sf position AND resign odom. much props to kupchak.
Acid Reflex

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jul 3, 2009
It's apparent that someone has their mojo working or else I wouldn't be cackling like a spotted warbler during mating season. I like that Kupchak is blazing a trail to counteract the moves of teams like the Trailblazers who are busting a few doozy trades of their own. I almost bought an Ariza shirt. Glad I saw this article. My endoplasmic reticulum is bursting at the seams in anticipations of the upcoming season. Thanks NBA!
Acid Reflex

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jul 3, 2009
Seriously, Ariza is a star in the making. His contribution to the Lakers this past postseason was critical to their success and increased his stock by leaps and bounds. Whether he continues to develop in Houston remains to be seen. His not "feeling wanted" seems to be a reflection of the Lakers offer not meeting his $ expectations but it goes both ways. Alot of players would gladly take a paycut to play on a championship calibre team like the Lakers, e.g. Artest. His brief tenure with the Rockets proved one thing. He can be a good teammate. He's one of the main reasons the Rockets got as far as they did. He wants to win and will win with proven winners like Kobe, Odom, Pau, and, of course, Papa Phil. Thanks, Ariza, for your great work but you might find out the hard way that $ isn't everything. Look at Odom, the ultimate team player.
i hate antonio v

El Monte, CA

#7 Jul 3, 2009
i am a artest hater never liked him never will
Lisa Gamble

Katy, TX

#8 Jul 3, 2009
To be honest, I think the Lakers made a very bad move. they should have left Artest in Houston and kept Ariza. Like I said before, the Lakers won a ring with Ariza and they don't need Artest, what for, he don't even like Kobe. Who say the Lakers can't win another ring with the same team, I think they can. I personally think that Mr. Buss, Magic Johnson and Mitch Kuchak should think twice before they let Ariza sign those free-agents paper. keep Odom and Ariza with the Lakers. Artest will just cause alot of problems in L.A., problems that L.A. don't need to deal with. Phil Jackson, I know that you can talk some sense into the big guys. PLEASE keep the same team. You shouldn't give up so easily on Odom and Ariza. They deserves another chance to win a ring. You let them win one ring and think that the Lakers can do without them, I don't think so. Follow your first mind and resign the guys. Look what happen when the Lakers went out and got Malone and Payton, we lost and it was a MAJOR problem with Kobe and Karl. Let's not repeat that year. Mr. Buss you are getting rid of the wrong players, the ones you should be getting rid of, you are keeping them on the team. Why are you holding on to Luke Walton, he's not a good player, or is it because his father played in the NBA. All i'm asking for he Lakers is use good judgement on Odom and Ariza. Like they always say, your lost is someone else's gain.
Woody

Charlotte, MI

#9 Jul 8, 2009
We could have had Artest and Ariza. Sign Ariza. Trade Sasha. Sign Artest.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#10 Jul 9, 2009
Ariza was already gone before the Laker sigh Artest! Ariza was having meeting with Houston in Las Vegas, plus his agent was pushing Ariza to go for the BIG MONEY! Ariza want to stay with the Lakers, and see what an agent does for those players!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trevor Ariza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hornets 95, Timberwolves 81: Minnesota loses se... (Feb '11) Mar '11 sorb 13
News Rockets formally introduce shooting guard, Lee (Aug '10) Aug '10 All-star 1
News Ron Artest says he's joining Lakers (Jul '09) Mar '10 SAW 50
News Kobe Leads Lakers to 15th NBA Title (Jun '09) Feb '10 Brew In 142
News Ron Artest starting to give Lakers the stops th... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Brew In 1
News Minnesota Timberwolves' Kurt Rambis, Rockets' T... (Nov '09) Nov '09 hyh 3
News Lakers' Phil Jackson cancels practice to take i... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Zachary 1
More from around the web