Orlando Magic beat Los Angeles Lakers in Game 3 for first NBA F...

Final-ly. The Orlando Magic at last won a game in the NBA Finals after seven tries, and this one meant more to the present than the past. Full Story

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#1 Jun 9, 2009
wow!
1 down and 3 to go!
keep the faith
XeroX

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2009
Magic will win the next 2 ....lose #6 and beat LA in a Thriller in game 7....
mccreet

United States

#3 Jun 9, 2009
Nice to see we came out with some heart and intensity. Alston hitting his baskets makes a huge difference. Pietrus also back on track. Lewis and turk did their normal brilliant shooting. I still think Dwight can play better,he did well,but I am looking for dominance in the paint with 3 guys hanging on him. New NBA record for field goal percentage in a final. Now you got to bring even more toughness for game 4. GO MAGIC!
fun spot

Oak Hill, FL

#4 Jun 9, 2009
Go Magic!
SentinelBlather

Kissimmee, FL

#5 Jun 9, 2009
We went to the basket and scored inside the paint. The myth of the great Laker defense was exposed. Kobe got tired. Gina Marie Incandela keeps her undefeated record in tack.
Mike

Daytona Beach, FL

#6 Jun 9, 2009
Lakers are a great team and tonight we played like a great team.

5 players at 18pts or more this game. Also, Howard only 1 turn over.
XeroX

United States

#7 Jun 9, 2009
Rafer Alston, A.K.A Skip To My Lou played his freestyle game and the Lakers were lost..... and Pietrus is a BIG TIME player.... glad to see nelson for just a few minutes, what a relief!!!
Code Man

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#8 Jun 9, 2009
Fun game watching both teams hitting on all cylinders at the same time.

Congratulations Magic!!!!
JTB

Pasadena, CA

#9 Jun 9, 2009
Well, I was in here with the Lakers win putting in my 2 cents as a Lakers fan, so it's only fair I give Orlando its props on this one.

I have to say that when you are a jump shooting team and you are on at home, its practically impossible to to beat. But damned the Lakers still made a run of it anyways. Kobe makes his free throws as he normally does, and I think the Lakers could have stolen this one.

But props goes to Orlando on this one for playing a superb offensive game. If they can match that 3 more times in 4 games, then I'll just tip my hat.

That being said, the Magic still don't look that impressive at stopping the Lakers (of course Lakers D didn't cut it either tonight) Given that LA's strength is in size and length and Kobe, and the Magic is outside shooting, I can't see how this will play out the same 3 out of the next 4. We'll see. Anyway, good game Magic.
Houston Rockets Fan

San Diego, CA

#10 Jun 9, 2009
Go Rafer "Skip To my Lou"
JTB

Pasadena, CA

#11 Jun 9, 2009
By the way, is that Orlando fan with the 50,000 posts about how the NBA is fixed gonna comment on this one??

From my point of view which I admit is biased for the purple and gold, it was obvious to me that Orlando got the benefit of the whistle (or in the case of Howard the lack of a whistle). Kobe could not move more than 5 feet tonight away from the ball without being held, grabbed and pushed around. Howard got away with at least 3 three in the keys and a couple of offensive fouls. A long with several other contact plays that Magic didn't get called for that on the other were called.

But hey, I can accept that it was Magic's home game. So it is what it is. That's the way the NBA is, no conspiracies. Lakers tried to gut it out and move on. No excuses. We'll try to get them next time.

Props again Magic for a stellar offensive win.
JTB

Pasadena, CA

#12 Jun 9, 2009
SentinelBlather wrote:
We went to the basket and scored inside the paint. The myth of the great Laker defense was exposed. Kobe got tired.
Myth? If you believe everything you hear from every talking head on TV, you're a fool. This is the NBA and the Magic are in the top echelon of offensive teams, they will not be stopped every night.

As far as Kobe, you don't know him very well. He was not tired my friend. He IS human you know, he can't make every shot. The game 3 in Denver this year he actually was tired, had to have an IV after the game, but he still single handedly won the game for the Lakers. Don't expect him to miss so many free throws and 4th quarter shots again next game.
JTB

Pasadena, CA

#13 Jun 9, 2009
XeroX wrote:
Magic will win the next 2 ....lose #6 and beat LA in a Thriller in game 7....
I predict they will win at least one of the next two.

Just my opinion.
JTB

Pasadena, CA

#14 Jun 9, 2009
That is the Lakers will win at least 1 of next 2 :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trevor Ariza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hornets 95, Timberwolves 81: Minnesota loses se... (Feb '11) Mar '11 sorb 13
Rockets formally introduce shooting guard, Lee (Aug '10) Aug '10 All-star 1
Ron Artest says he's joining Lakers (Jul '09) Mar '10 SAW 50
Kobe Leads Lakers to 15th NBA Title (Jun '09) Feb '10 Brew In 142
Ron Artest starting to give Lakers the stops th... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Brew In 1
Minnesota Timberwolves' Kurt Rambis, Rockets' T... (Nov '09) Nov '09 hyh 3
Lakers' Phil Jackson cancels practice to take i... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Zachary 1
More from around the web