Ex-Knicks find success in playoffs

There are 6 comments on the May 14, 2009, Newsday story titled Ex-Knicks find success in playoffs. In it, Newsday reports that:

So do you think if the Knicks had ever gotten out of the first round of the playoffs that Stephon Marbury would have had a night like he did for the Celtics Tuesday night? It's impossible to say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rich r

Scarsdale, NY

#1 May 14, 2009
Just sad,
i new that kid ariza was going to be a good ball player.
He nevr got a chance with the knicks. Basically just pickedu up the garbage minutes. They never new what they had of course

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 May 14, 2009
. Lebron and Wade are going no-where and sorry I'm not excited about the possiblity that 36 year old (in 2010) J. KIdd might comne to NY. Marbury was instrumental in the Celtics win, scoring 12 in the 4th quarter. funny no frontpage stories about THAT!! I'm supposed to feel better that the KNicks are in the lottery than possibly playing 1st round playoff like Chicago did. I don't. Even those $1000 WIN for LIFE have potential value until you scratch it off. the Walsh/D,ANton plan is a 8th place lottery pick in a draft with maybe 4 franchise changing players......
BTW has any Walsh or C'ANton won a title? the NTY sports media give them more slack on their decisions than RIley or even Van Gundy ever got... I can't see why. It has to be more than 'they're not Isiah'...
I hope

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#3 May 14, 2009
rich r wrote:
Just sad,
i new that kid ariza was going to be a good ball player.
He nevr got a chance with the knicks. Basically just pickedu up the garbage minutes. They never new what they had of course
actully that's not quite true. Isiah knew what he had in Ariza. But I know you can't mention that to be consistent with the Meidia's anti Isiah theme. He also saw someting in Lee, Nate and CHandler when no one else did.

As for Ariza, he fell victim to that HOF coach Larry Brown. He was benched early (as was Lee and Nate and Frye) as we all saw Brown preferred Vets Mo Curry and Antonio Davis. Ariza started a few games in a row and then was pulled fromthe lineup and had DNP's. He went to the media and said he didn't know what the coach wanted.

he wasn't the only one...
Brown had something like 30+ different staring lineups that year.

Brown responded that Ariza was 'delusional' if he didn't know. within a week Ariza was traded.

... and we had that now comical press conference comparing Marbury/Francis to the Frazier/Monroe backcourt...

oh well.. memories is all we have now and for the forseeable future... while the Walsh/D'Anton con game continues
John

United States

#4 May 14, 2009
Knicks stink...even with those 3 players they wouldn't make the playoffs!!
Scott

Milford, PA

#5 May 18, 2009
How did he do overall????
BarbaraSucks

Belmar, NJ

#6 May 26, 2009
You suck Barbara and not in the good way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trevor Ariza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hornets 95, Timberwolves 81: Minnesota loses se... (Feb '11) Mar '11 sorb 13
News Rockets formally introduce shooting guard, Lee (Aug '10) Aug '10 All-star 1
News Ron Artest says he's joining Lakers (Jul '09) Mar '10 SAW 50
News Kobe Leads Lakers to 15th NBA Title (Jun '09) Feb '10 Brew In 142
News Ron Artest starting to give Lakers the stops th... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Brew In 1
News Minnesota Timberwolves' Kurt Rambis, Rockets' T... (Nov '09) Nov '09 hyh 3
News Lakers' Phil Jackson cancels practice to take i... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Zachary 1
More from around the web