Ron Artest agrees to sign with Lakers

Ron Artest agrees to sign with Lakers

There are 15 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Jul 2, 2009, titled Ron Artest agrees to sign with Lakers. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Free agent Ron Artest has agreed to sign with the Lakers. Artests agent said he would have a formal announcement later this afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

The Muffin Man

Torrance, CA

#1 Jul 2, 2009
Artest is a gamble and to sign him for 3 years at 18 plus is a good deal. Considering he was going to possibly sign with Cleveland. Ariza is gone and Odom is not going to get what he wants but the Lakers are going to be a better defensive team if Artest can stay out of the bleachers.
KB24CHAMPS

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Jul 2, 2009
he's not going with the lakers
mr Lolipop

Pasig, Philippines

#3 Jul 2, 2009
I like to see both artest and odom with kobe,pau,fisher and the others...
we should win another championship LAKERS.
Go lakers...

“'RESPECT"”

Since: Jan 09

East L.A.

#4 Jul 2, 2009
Just give us the ring now baby!!!!
The Truth

Monrovia, CA

#5 Jul 2, 2009
Trevor Ariza's agent said the Lakers disrespected them? OH ok. Trevor should fire his idiot agent on the spot. They say Houston will offer Trevor a mid level exemption which basically is what the Lakers offered him. He could of made more money staying in L.A. with exposure, commercials, etc. This is Hollywood. Nobody will rememeber he's in Houston except Rocket fans. The cool thing is we have our "dynasty" now with Ron Ron. I hope this teaches NBA players they are never bigger than the team they are just part of a team, what matters is the name in front of the jersey not the one in the back.Hard lesson now for T.Ariza. Lakers for life..
htownborn

Fresno, TX

#6 Jul 2, 2009
The Truth wrote:
Trevor Ariza's agent said the Lakers disrespected them? OH ok. Trevor should fire his idiot agent on the spot. They say Houston will offer Trevor a mid level exemption which basically is what the Lakers offered him. He could of made more money staying in L.A. with exposure, commercials, etc. This is Hollywood. Nobody will rememeber he's in Houston except Rocket fans. The cool thing is we have our "dynasty" now with Ron Ron. I hope this teaches NBA players they are never bigger than the team they are just part of a team, what matters is the name in front of the jersey not the one in the back.Hard lesson now for T.Ariza. Lakers for life..
Why would you say no one will remember Trevor Ariza playing for the Rockets. If he was to sign with us he could possible become a star with us just saying I don't know if he will. And theirs really no garuntee he'll sign with the Rockets.
CoFire

Whittier, CA

#7 Jul 2, 2009
Artest is a crybaby
The Truth

Monrovia, CA

#8 Jul 2, 2009
htownborn wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you say no one will remember Trevor Ariza playing for the Rockets. If he was to sign with us he could possible become a star with us just saying I don't know if he will. And theirs really no garuntee he'll sign with the Rockets.
Trevor is in the past now. Welcome Ron Ron. Dynasty begins now..
steve

Upland, CA

#9 Jul 3, 2009
Artest will end up like Payton and Malone in 2004 a bust.

Buss was too cheap to give Trevor five yr contract.

Bad deal for Lakers fans!
dumb

Claremont, CA

#10 Jul 3, 2009
Ron Artest and Kobe Bryant will NEVER get along, what a terrible decision. This is gonna end up blowing up in the lakers face. Just because 2 players are extremely good, doesn't mean they will play well together, some people are just meant to be rivals.

Since: Jul 09

Huntfield Heights, Australia

#11 Jul 3, 2009
What a deal! I'll take TA for Artest anyday!

Ariza's agent tried to play hardball now Ariza ended up on a lottery team. I love the kid, but Artest is better both offensively and defensively and has shown in houston (minus 1 or 2 moments) that he can be a normal person over 82 games.

This is definately an upgrade at SF and the BEST thing about it? well... kobe no longer has to expend so much energy on defending the best player each night... and thats a scary thought!!!!

now go work on your 3's ron, thats the only aspect TA gets you in!

LAKERS BABY
Anonymous

Cerritos, CA

#12 Jul 3, 2009
Ariza was good. But in all aspects, on offense and defense, Artest makes the Lakers insanely good. This just isn't fair to the other NBA teams. Just give us the Championship now, and lets start on 2011 lol.
And Ariza... what were you thinking? Lakers offered him 3-year deal at the mid-level exemption and he declined because he wanted a longer contract. He signed with the Rockets for 5years.. roughly 33 million. Yeah. you really came out the winner there. It would have been more benefit to you to have stayed in LA.. I understand Ariza wants more money (and he deserves it for what he did) but.. team comes first.
Anonymous

Cerritos, CA

#13 Jul 3, 2009
kristijan08 wrote:
What a deal! I'll take TA for Artest anyday!
Ariza's agent tried to play hardball now Ariza ended up on a lottery team. I love the kid, but Artest is better both offensively and defensively and has shown in houston (minus 1 or 2 moments) that he can be a normal person over 82 games.
This is definately an upgrade at SF and the BEST thing about it? well... kobe no longer has to expend so much energy on defending the best player each night... and thats a scary thought!!!!
now go work on your 3's ron, thats the only aspect TA gets you in!
LAKERS BABY
actually... Artest's career avg in 3-pointers is about 40%.. that's pretty good.
Big Brother

AOL

#14 Jul 3, 2009
Artest is an animal. He was all over the Lakers and arguably the best player the Rockets have. Their loss is Lakers gain. I see another Championship run.
i hate antonio v

El Monte, CA

#15 Jul 3, 2009
i never liked artest he is a sore loser. know that is 1 laker i hate "

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trevor Ariza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trade with the Houston Rockets (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sam Testicle 2
News Hornets 95, Timberwolves 81: Minnesota loses se... (Feb '11) Mar '11 sorb 13
News Rockets formally introduce shooting guard, Lee (Aug '10) Aug '10 All-star 1
News Ron Artest says he's joining Lakers (Jul '09) Mar '10 SAW 50
News Kobe Leads Lakers to 15th NBA Title (Jun '09) Feb '10 Brew In 142
News Ron Artest starting to give Lakers the stops th... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Brew In 1
News Minnesota Timberwolves' Kurt Rambis, Rockets' T... (Nov '09) Nov '09 hyh 3
More from around the web