Lakers know importance of keeping focus -- on themselves

Full story: LA Daily News 8
Clockwise from top left: Lamar Odom, Kobe Bryant, Trevor Ariza and Pau Gasol helped lead the Lakers to a 25-point victory against Orlando in Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Full Story
kampikkobe

Las Piņas City, Philippines

#1 Jun 6, 2009
Just win the second game first and the third one will come easy, even if it's in Orlando.
Shaq

Pleasanton, CA

#2 Jun 6, 2009
This series is a joke! Both teams wish thay still had me! I'm still better than Howard.... and Gasol and Bynum couldn't carry my shoes!.....Kobe still aint shiiit wit out me!
tomyupw

United States

#3 Jun 6, 2009
What everyone missed was Bryant was showing his teeth and a stone face to his teammates as well as his opponents! He wanted to let his teammates know they must never let their guards down before, during or after each and every game. He wanted to remind his teammates how many times they should have finished off their oppoenents, but instead let them back in the game, or in the series, with just a little sign of success. He wanted to let his team know that until they have won the NBA chapionship, they have won nothing. He wanted to remind them that it was exactly what they had accomplished last year after six games in the finals: "NOTHING!"
Carl Forbes

Montebello, CA

#4 Jun 6, 2009
STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:STAY IN CONTROL, SHOOT THROUGH THE HOLE:
apujac

AOL

#5 Jun 6, 2009
it's not about grinding the teeth, it's about their mental stamina that will help the lakers propell into this series with a championship ring. never mind the angry face, that's just a decorative look to have. what we need is team game, no one person can win a series so bryant need to trust his team and pass the ball, smile is much more pleasant to a frown, it makes your opponent wonder what you're up to next.
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#6 Jun 6, 2009
apujac wrote:
it's not about grinding the teeth, it's about their mental stamina that will help the lakers propell into this series with a championship ring. never mind the angry face, that's just a decorative look to have. what we need is team game, no one person can win a series so bryant need to trust his team and pass the ball, smile is much more pleasant to a frown, it makes your opponent wonder what you're up to next.
If his "angry face" is decorative as you put it, then why should he smile? One says one thing the other another so, doesnt that fall under decorative as well?

and its not stamina, its consistency that is needed. true, it must be a collective effort but when kobe is in that groove, its stupid to not feed him the rock....nobody can stop him when he's in beast mode like that.
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#7 Jun 6, 2009
Shaq wrote:
This series is a joke! Both teams wish thay still had me! I'm still better than Howard.... and Gasol and Bynum couldn't carry my shoes!.....Kobe still aint shiiit wit out me!
You'd think after repeating that for the 200th time, you would have realized that the novelty has worn off, but then again, I may have asked too much from you assuming you actually did some thinking. Grow up.
jimvicrey

Canada

#8 Jun 6, 2009
what can you say, GOD just love the Lakers! God bless your games, 3 to go, and you will attain your goal! Go Lakers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trevor Ariza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hornets 95, Timberwolves 81: Minnesota loses se... (Feb '11) Mar '11 sorb 13
Rockets formally introduce shooting guard, Lee (Aug '10) Aug '10 All-star 1
Ron Artest says he's joining Lakers (Jul '09) Mar '10 SAW 50
Kobe Leads Lakers to 15th NBA Title (Jun '09) Feb '10 Brew In 142
Ron Artest starting to give Lakers the stops th... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Brew In 1
Minnesota Timberwolves' Kurt Rambis, Rockets' T... (Nov '09) Nov '09 hyh 3
Lakers' Phil Jackson cancels practice to take i... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Zachary 1
More from around the web