Lakers getting an angel or demons?

There are 14 comments on the Nov 3, 2009, LA Daily News story titled Lakers getting an angel or demons?. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

When he's on his game, Lakers forward Ron Artest is arguably the NBA's best defensive player.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

John Morris

Benicia, CA

#1 Nov 3, 2009
What do you think the match up will be like when the Lakers play the Cavs. My prediction: Lebron goes 4-26 from the field, 10-15 points, 3 assists and no rebounds. Oh snap!

How worried do the Cavs and Celtics have to be now that Kobe can roam all game on defense and be able to expend most of his energy on offense.

I'm really not worried about Artest. I'm more concerned about the point guard spot. Fisher is great and his jersey will hang in the rafters one day but the wheels will fall off eventually. I was hoping to hear that Shannon Brown had spent the entire off-season in the gym with Bryan Shaw developing his point guard skills. Farmar is not the future point guard of the Lakers. Maybe they can trade him and Vujacic for an veteran point guard to split minutes with Fisher while Shannon developes.
unknown

Morton, IL

#2 Nov 3, 2009
ron artest is gonna screw the lakers over which is stupid
jamie

Woodland Hills, CA

#3 Nov 3, 2009
Love ron ron...hes a beast...
curanipedoug

Santiago, Chile

#4 Nov 3, 2009
I hope he has a handle on his temper. He is an awesome talent.
simply a man

United States

#5 Nov 3, 2009
what I don't get is, we all know ron has a bad attitude, but it seems like the writers and critics are trying to bring the evil side of him out. leave the man alone. he's doing his best to control his angers. no one is perfect.if you play close attention, most of the super stars in the league have nasty attitudes, though none have gone into the stands, but there always close to fighting....its sad what there trying to do to this man. he's human and had a rough life growing up. Worse than those who judge him! go lakers...
robowil

Pleasanton, CA

#6 Nov 3, 2009
It must have been a slow sports news day. Artest has behaved himself so far, so they dredge up some old news to fill some space. Rapists and child molesters, the real demons, get a lot less coverage.
De ja vu

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Nov 3, 2009
No matter how much money (they) have, he won't be able to control his anger (they). have a violent chromosone.ya no wa i'm sayin! blood.
TJ1lakerfan

Tolleson, AZ

#8 Nov 3, 2009
Artest is a great fit for the Lakers! Ron knows that he is on a winning team and he is growing as a person. He will fit in just fine. Trevor was also a great player. The lakers have a great chance at a 2nd NBA title this year.
Judge Dread

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Nov 3, 2009
I'll tell you what. If anyone kicks Kobe when he's on the floor after being thrown down to the floor will have some hell to pay.
Welcome to the Lakers, Ron.
Just protect the star and that will make you GREAT in Los Angeles.
Lakers will RePEAT

Irvine, CA

#10 Nov 5, 2009
Artest...is the missing link....
He will be the one that helps us win the RePEAT this year 2010 is the Year Lakers Will win it all!
Steve The Flash

Rancho Cordova, CA

#11 Nov 5, 2009
Like I said before, when Artest first signed with the
Lakers; the Lakers will win another Championship and
ALL the other teams know this! My 42 years as a
"Lakeshow" fan give me the qualification to say this. I am thrilled that Ron Artest is a
Laker now, and all of the world will see by ALL STAR weekend what an asset Ron is for the Lakers.

LAfansareclueles s

Torrance, CA

#12 Nov 6, 2009
WTF Ron Artest is not the best Defensive player in the league, where the hell do u draw that conclusion from
dorkbrain

Windsor, CA

#13 Nov 6, 2009
nice!
Jacky simmons

Newmarket, Canada

#14 Nov 6, 2009
LAfansareclueless wrote:
WTF Ron Artest is not the best Defensive player in the league, where the hell do u draw that conclusion from
Then who is cluless?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trevor Ariza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hornets 95, Timberwolves 81: Minnesota loses se... (Feb '11) Mar '11 sorb 13
News Rockets formally introduce shooting guard, Lee (Aug '10) Aug '10 All-star 1
News Ron Artest says he's joining Lakers (Jul '09) Mar '10 SAW 50
News Kobe Leads Lakers to 15th NBA Title (Jun '09) Feb '10 Brew In 142
News Ron Artest starting to give Lakers the stops th... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Brew In 1
News Minnesota Timberwolves' Kurt Rambis, Rockets' T... (Nov '09) Nov '09 hyh 3
News Lakers' Phil Jackson cancels practice to take i... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Zachary 1
More from around the web