Los Angeles Lakers' Trevor Ariza Head...

Los Angeles Lakers' Trevor Ariza Headed To Cleveland Cavaliers?

There are 6 comments on the BleacherReport story from Jul 2, 2009, titled Los Angeles Lakers' Trevor Ariza Headed To Cleveland Cavaliers?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

The Los Angeles Lakers had little time to celebrate their 2009 championship. They are now faced with the task of resigning key free agents Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza... by Elijah Manders 30 reads Breaking News The Los Angeles Lakers had little time to celebrate their 2009 championship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Glen and Ruth

United States

#1 Jul 2, 2009
IF they get rid of Ariza, they can forget the championship. I can't believe they would let him go. He's the fastest on the team, and he adds so much. Let Odom, Benja, and Walton go.....I can't believe it!!! They have rocks in their heads if they let him go. I thought he really wanted to stay, so WHY can't the Lakers make room for him. Let those who have done NOTHING leave...like Vujacic...And Odom isn't that important.
Glen and Ruth

United States

#2 Jul 2, 2009
It blows my mind that the Lakers, if they had a choice, would keep Odom instead of Ariza. That is unbelievable.....Maybe Kobe would take less, so Ariza could have more...I'm confused!!
Jas

High Point, NC

#3 Jul 2, 2009
Odom is by far a more talented player than Ariza. If Ariza stays, I will be happy but if he goes thats fine as well.
PROVIDENCE_84

Playa Del Rey, CA

#4 Jul 3, 2009
OMG i cant see how they could let him Go...
TMD

Mishawaka, IN

#5 Jul 3, 2009
PROVIDENCE_84 wrote:
OMG i cant see how they could let him Go...
Trevor Ariza - 24yo - 6'8" 220lbs - 5 yrs exp
8.9 ppg, 1.8 apg, 4.3 rpg
No Awards

Ron Artest - 29yo - 6"7" 260lbs - 10yrs exp
16.1 ppg, 3.2 apg, 5.1 rpg
4x NBA All-Defensive Team
2004 NBA Defensive Player of the Year
2004 NBA All-Star

The Lakers let Ariza go because they picked up Artest who is faster and a more complete player. Aside form the statistics I listed above, Artest shoots a higher percentage of threes. There is also no drop-off in production for Artest from the regular season to the playoffs.

When Artest keeps his emotions in check he is one of the 10 best players in the entire league. Ariza doesn't add that dimension to any team.
MISTERY MAN

Midway City, CA

#6 Jul 20, 2009
BOTH ODOM AND ARIZA ONLY HAVE WON ONE RING TO ASK FOR MORE MONEY!!!!!!! WHO CARES ABOUT THE MONEY WHEN YOU KNOW THE TEAM YOU PLAY IN IS A CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER TEAM. FIRST YOU HAVE TO PAY YOUR DUES AND ONE CHAMPIONSHIP DOESNT CUT IT FOR ME FOR THEM TO CRY ABOUT MONEY. IF ANYTHING THE LAKER WON AND THESE TWO PLAYERS ARE GOING TO FIND OUT QUICK WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT. I RATHER WIN AND AND HAVE LESS THAN TO LOSE AND HAVE MORE MONEY! THINK ABOUT IT, ALL THEY WANT IS MORE MONEY FOR ONE RING THEY HAVE. THOSE ARENT THE TYPE OF PLAYERS WE NEED ON OUR LAKER SQUAD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trevor Ariza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trade with the Houston Rockets (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sam Testicle 2
News Hornets 95, Timberwolves 81: Minnesota loses se... (Feb '11) Mar '11 sorb 13
News Rockets formally introduce shooting guard, Lee (Aug '10) Aug '10 All-star 1
News Ron Artest says he's joining Lakers (Jul '09) Mar '10 SAW 50
News Kobe Leads Lakers to 15th NBA Title (Jun '09) Feb '10 Brew In 142
News Ron Artest starting to give Lakers the stops th... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Brew In 1
News Minnesota Timberwolves' Kurt Rambis, Rockets' T... (Nov '09) Nov '09 hyh 3
More from around the web